Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

I'm going to try to cut out bread this week and see if that makes a difference, 'cos nothing is shifting at the mo. :tearful: I loooooooooooooooove bread so it had better be worth it! :angry:

~ Mel ~

Well done Hev :thumbs:

I've been struggling with the whole dieting thing over the last few days, although I've not gone completely off the rails as yet. Went to my sister for dinner yesterday, and for pud she'd bought a huge fresh cream choccy cake. Usually I'd of refused, but I didn't yesterday, and had a flipping huge piece, and two slices of baguette with my meal, with butter on, again, that would of been something I'd of usually refused. I really miss cake :(

Today we've been out for the day, and when we bought some ice creams, I'd normally have a Fab or similar, being a low fat choice, but instead I chose a Choccy Cornetto.

Feeling abit deprived lately, and I'm wonering if 6 months on whether I'm getting bored. I'm beginning to resent watching DH, both DD's and DS munching yummy things all day, scrummy puds after meals, and I'm sat with a bowl of pineapple, or desperately sucking on a curly wurly trying to make it last longer, and seven lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng days later, I go to WW to discover I've lost 1/2 lb.

Even today, with it being Father's Day, we decided we'd treat ourselves to a takeaway, DH's choice. He wanted an Indian, so we thought we'd go to Asda as their take out indians are yummy. But....I really love the Chicken Korma, which would of been my entire day's worth of points, so I didn't get it in the end, having had a guilt attack at the counter :tearful: Instead I ended up choosing a low fat ready meal, sweet and sour............and I feel really fed up about it :(

Hope I'm feeling abit more positive next week!

Bagpuss >:D<<'> Know how you feel. Im starting yet again tomorrow :whistle: Ive put at least a pound on this week im just finding eating rivitta and snackajacks all the time is sooooo boring!! I really need to start exercising again as im really worried about putting the weight back on :tearful: I think you've done really well though as my diet started going wrong in april and im still not back on track!

Mel - I cut out bread and its not actually that bad i have rivitta instead or if i really want some 1 slice of wholemeal with scrammbled egg is ok!

Thanks Brooke and Baggy, I just loooooooooooooove sandwiches! :tearful:

Well done hev, keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Baggy, you've done brill since January, which isn't that long ago really. Sounds like you're still doing very well, resisting when most of us would have caved in, I know I would. You need to reward yourself with the odd treat every now and again. For me, I know, if I have the treat then I'm likely to go overboard with it, but it sounds like you can stop yourself so I think that's really impressive. :thumbs:>:D<<'> How about switching to Maltesers or something, just for variety?

Good luck all.

~ Mel ~

I found giving up sarnies difficult too Mel, even though I'd always opt for chicken salad on brown bread, or egg mayo with cress. I've begun to let myself have them a couple of times a week now, and just cut back through out the rest of the day, because the WW points for sandwiches is quite high in comparision to other things you could eat for lunch. I do so miss toast though, but again the points value is so high, I tend to opt for porridge instead. I think your right regarding switching to try other options............I had some of DH's Father's Day Toblerone this evening........although just the one triangle, still, I know I've gone over my points today, and yesterday, so will pay the price come weigh in on Wednesday. Need to try and stay focused me thinks.

I think it shows amazing restraint and self discipline to just have one triangle of Toblerone, though, Baggy, really I do! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I find it really hard not to eat everything that's on my plate, or that is given to me, even if I don't want it all. The other day I asked DH to get me some Maltesers over the road and he came back with a big bag instead of the usual one. Instead of just eating what I wanted, I ate them all to, in a way, get rid of them, iyswim. I couldn't contemplate eating just a few and then putting the rest away for another day, I just can't seem to stop myself polishing it all off even if it's too much and I'm not enjoying them anymore, so to just have one triangle, I think that's a real achievement! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Today I had chicken salad for lunch, it was nice, but I'd just come back from Tesco and I really, really wanted a lovely roll instead. Not sure I can last out the week.

~ Mel ~

I think it shows amazing restraint and self discipline to just have one triangle of Toblerone, though, Baggy, really I do! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I find it really hard not to eat everything that's on my plate, or that is given to me, even if I don't want it all. The other day I asked DH to get me some Maltesers over the road and he came back with a big bag instead of the usual one. Instead of just eating what I wanted, I ate them all to, in a way, get rid of them, iyswim. I couldn't contemplate eating just a few and then putting the rest away for another day, I just can't seem to stop myself polishing it all off even if it's too much and I'm not enjoying them anymore, so to just have one triangle, I think that's a real achievement! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Today I had chicken salad for lunch, it was nice, but I'd just come back from Tesco and I really, really wanted a lovely roll instead. Not sure I can last out the week.

~ Mel ~

Cheers Mel. I stopped by our local swimming pool this morning while I was out and they do a ladies session this evening, so I'm going to go. Think the lack of exercise is a real problem with me....I'm naturally lazy :oops:

I'm starting again today using a free calorie counting website. I've put everything I plan to eat in the log and I'm still 515cals short for my calorie goal, I wonder what else I can have :unsure:

I'm starting again today using a free calorie counting website. I've put everything I plan to eat in the log and I'm still 515cals short for my calorie goal, I wonder what else I can have :unsure:

Lots of curly wurlys :thumbs: Packet of Quavers are only about 80 cals, imagine how many of those you could have :D

I have been away for the weekend to a hotel where everything was included in the price. Full english breakfast and 3 course evening meal, l had the lot and l am really struggling today as my stomach must have swelled over the weekend I AM STARVING!! thank god for caramel snackajacks and shape yougarts!!

Still a bit shell shocked I think! :whistle: She's very tired this morning but really enjoyed the privelige of last night so seemed to be in a reasonably good mood!

I'm doing well with my no-bread-week. Today I had some cold potatos cut up with some tuna, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn and a dollop of cottage cheese all mixed together. Very tasty. Then later I had some strawberries and a banana cut up into little pieces. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

Good luck over the next week everyone :thumbs: Mel, hope it goes ok today >:D<<'>

I went swimming again last night and definately think I've got to start incorporating exercise into my day, every day. Took eldest DD with me, and it was really lovely to just spend some time with just her :thumbs:

I've asked DH to get my bike out of the garage this weekend. I've not been on it since I first tried it last year, when my bum hurt so much I thought I'd have to have the saddle surgically removed, my legs went dead and I nearly took down a jogger :oops:

Thinking of doing some walking too.

If You're going to cycle Baggy, invest in a gel saddle. I've got one for about �20 from a well known cycle dealer starting with 'H' and ending in a river crossing!!! :whistle: It makes a real difference to the comfort of the bike. Good luck every one!

Starts with H and ends in a river crossing......... :unsure: Hees? Hhames? Hart? Hamazon? Ooooh, I could spend all day doing this, but unfortunately I have stepfordy things to do :tearful:

Come on Looby, this is me your talking to....I forget my name most days :lol:

BTW, does anyone here walk?

If I began walking, what would I need?

I'm resisting the urge to bung on some flipflops and go for a wander......me thinks that's not the right way to go about it :rolleyes:

Would I definately need proper walking shoes and what should I never set off without?

I've pm'd you the answer Baggy! :rolleyes: All you need to start walking are a pair of flat, comfie shoes such as trainers.Plam were you are going and let someone know where and how long you expect to be. Don't forget your mobile and a bottle of water. If you really get into it then you can look at getting some walking boots, maps etc. Good luck with it and if you want to borrow a dog to take with you, I've got a couple spare!!! :lol:

I'm having a starving day! Really hungry and pigging out :wallbash: Would like to get out on my bike but its pretty windy. I fI don't get out today I won't be able to get back out until Monday, so don't know what to do!! :(

Think i would need more than a reinforced sports bra! I could use one as a mould and pour plaster of paris in it, that might just hold'em in!!!! :whistle: Do you think if I did the same with some knickers it would hold my jelly belly in too? :sick:

Edited by loobylou2

Think i would need more than a reinforced sports bra! I could use one as a mould and pour plaster of paris in it, that might just hold'em in!!!! :whistle: Do you think if I did the same with some knickers it would hold my jelly belly in too? :sick:

See what you need Looby are support pants like mine.......they go from my ankles to my chin.........but on the downside I have obese earlobes :lol:

I cut out bread all week, haven't so much as looked at a cake, biccie, choc, crisps or any such stuff. Result, haven't lost a single ounce, not one! Result of that, stuffed myself with five biccies and slice of bakewell tart. Result of that, feel rubbish. :tearful:

Well done on the swimming and cycling/walking intentions, Baggy. :thumbs: Don't forget to either plan a circular route that brings you back to your door or else time how long it takes you to walk out, bearing in mind you've gotta walk back again. Enjoy.

~ Mel ~

Cheers, Baggy. >:D<<'> I think I'm coming to the conclusion that my body likes being at this weight and doesn't want to go any lower. I really can't eat less than I'm eating now and I run regularly so I don't see what else I can do. :(

~ Mel ~

Mel >:D<<'>

I thought my cr*ppy WW meet this week would have motivated me to do better..................it hasn't. :tearful:

Feeling cross with myself.

Hmph.