Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

Sorry guys, didn't mean to upset anyone, it's just that I haven't got anyone that I can talk to about this stuff. Lucky it's winter so I can hide all me bruises and stuff under my clothes so DH doesn't see or he'd be ever so worried. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Mel >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't worry about the weight for now.If you find ways to look after yourself then you can worry about the weight later.

I have struggled with my weight for years I have finaly got to a point where I am loosing weight because I am managing my weight as part of looking after myself.

If you try to diet whilst hurting yourself then food is likely to be another thing to use to feel bad.

I just want to say that you are not alone. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen.

Mel >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't worry about the weight for now.If you find ways to look after yourself then you can worry about the weight later.

I have struggled with my weight for years I have finaly got to a point where I am loosing weight because I am managing my weight as part of looking after myself.

If you try to diet whilst hurting yourself then food is likely to be another thing to use to feel bad.

I just want to say that you are not alone. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen.

Thanks Karen,

Yes, I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with food really, it's a control issue I guess. I'm going to try as best as I can to keep off those scales and just relax for a week or two. Trouble is, when I do eventually get back on them they have the power to make me feel wonderful or hit absolute rock bottom. Evil little machine! :angry:

~ Mel ~

Mel, hope you are feeling ok hunni >:D<<'> Have been thinking about you over the last few days, and hoping things are feeling abit more positive for you.

Oh thanks a lot, Baggy, that's kind of you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I'm okay today, or I was, until I got an email from the school which really upset me. I sat and cried. :tearful: Usually I'd turn to food and have a binge and end up feeling even worse, but today I didn't, so that's positive. :D I'm looking forward to having a break from school. :wacko:

Well done on your loss recently, btw, you're doing really well now. :thumbs::thumbs: Hope you're feeling better about it than you were. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Oh I'm sorry Mel >:D<<'>

I'm plodding on diet wise, and havn't had much of an appetite today with one thing and another. Just been munching on abit of fruit and some porridge.

Probably not a bad thing, considering all the points I had on Friday night :rolleyes:

I'm cooking a low fat spag bol at the mo for tea, although I don't really fancy it much, so will just have a little.

Harmony, oh, I don't half miss apple pie and cream hmmmmmmm.....thankyou for my gorgeous cyber helping :eat:

Brooke, sorry to read that things are not going so well. Just try to go with it, don't beat yourself up and start again when you feel ready >:D<<'>

Well, I had 5 half lagers last night :drunk: , garlic bread and spag bol. Got abit of a hangover tbh because it's been so long since I had a "proper" drink. I've added my points for last night, and it's pretty horrific....26 :o ! I'm allowed 22 a day :lol:

Fortunately with WW you can spread your points out weekly, and I had a few saved over the last few days, and the rest I've spread out for the rest of the week. Eating out again tomorrow though :ph34r:

Right I now have digital scales, very complex. So far they tell me I have a bmx or is that bmi of 4, that is obviously not right, unless I was just weighing my right arm. Will have to re-program and start again. Still they look very chic, perhaps I should leave them in the kitchen for all to see. Actually that is not such a bad idea, as I could see them all the time and then i would feel guilty when I steal more of the kids easter eggs.

Will report back when can understand instruction booklet.

Harmony

Usual WW weigh in this morning.

Lost another pound, making my total 13.5 lb....that first stone mark is so elusive :lol:

I'm on hols next week, so won't be going back for a fortnight. Hope I can stay focused and on track. :pray:

Wow, that's brill Bagpuss, well done, almost there! :thumbs: I am doing well but haven't weighed myself yet. Will leave it for another week at least. :)

~ Mel ~

Step away from the scales Mel :shame:

Give them to the charity shop :thumbs:

Once I've reached the first stone mark, I can concentrate on all the many others I've got to lose :ph34r::lol: I'm sure if I had a tummy tuck I'd lose at least 3 stone :whistle:

Step away from the scales Mel :shame:

Actually, I nearly got on them this morning, but I was in a good mood and didn't want to risk it!! :o:lol:

Once I've reached the first stone mark, I can concentrate on all the many others I've got to lose :ph34r::lol: I'm sure if I had a tummy tuck I'd lose at least 3 stone :whistle:

Hopefully your bod will have got used to losing now so it'll just carry on out of habit. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Joined slimming world , and l have lost 6lb in two weeks!!! Off to weigh in now will let you know how l got on. Its so much easier to diet when things are ok with Nick, when he has a meltdown l just reach for the biscuits!!

W

Well l lost 1lb which isnt great, but had some really lovely ice cream on Sunday which my sister made, here is the recipie.

Large tub whipping cream.

5 crunchie bars

Tin condensed milk

Whisk cream, add bashed up cruncie bars and condensed milk, freeze.

Best ice cream ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys not the best thing to post on a diet thread but now you know why l didnt have a great weight loss this week!! I have been very good today though!!!

1lb is good - well done!

That ice cream receipe sounds absolutely heaven.

I had half a bottle of wine last night and today I am feeling a bit dodgy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forbsay

I got on those scales today!! :o I hadn't planned too, I was intending to leave it 'til next week and it was very risky as today is DH's birthday and it could all have gone horribly wrong, but I was sooooooooo curious, I just had to do it to see what was going on!! Well, I've lost 2lb, thank goodness. :thumbs: I'd put one on over Easter, but I've lost it again, plus another, so it made my day, relief isn't the word! I was sooooooooooo nervous, though, before I got on, I was shaking with anticipation!!

DH has now confiscated the scales! :oops:

~ Mel ~

I got on those scales today!! :o I hadn't planned too, I was intending to leave it 'til next week and it was very risky as today is DH's birthday and it could all have gone horribly wrong, but I was sooooooooo curious, I just had to do it to see what was going on!! Well, I've lost 2lb, thank goodness. :thumbs: I'd put one on over Easter, but I've lost it again, plus another, so it made my day, relief isn't the word! I was sooooooooooo nervous, though, before I got on, I was shaking with anticipation!!

DH has now confiscated the scales! :oops:

~ Mel ~

:thumbs::thumbs: On the weight loss.

Now don't look for the scales for a while. >:D<<'> Karen.

I have just 'treated'(??) myself to an exercise DVD, that's a combination of yoga and pilates :ph34r:

On the back, it says that if I do it 3 times a week for 3 months I will be a completely changed person!! :o:o:robot: (look, complete with coloured uber specs!! :clap: )

So that's about between now and Greenwich...

Be afraid, be very afraid!! :lol:

Robo :dance:

Edited by bid

I have just 'treated'(??) myself to an exercise DVD, that's a combination of yoga and pilates :ph34r:

On the back, it says that if I do it 3 times a week for 3 months I will be a completely changed person!! :o:o:robot: (look, complete with coloured uber specs!! :clap: )

I can eat muffins and drink wine and be a completely changed person in three months. :lol: Karen.

i bought a dancing dvd and i was shattered after just doing the warm up. Me and my little girl just laugh at each other when i am bounding about in the livingroom!

It will take willpower and a stealy determination

- but i'm planning on doing nowt between now and Greenwich n turn up exactly as i am :lol::D

I really should make the effort - farrrrrrr to much weight gain in the past coupla years, and i don't like it :tearful: . I'll get there .... one day ..... eventually .... honest... :unsure::whistle:

Bid - i love yoga and pilates, really good for you too. (though you are gorgeous already).

What DVD was it?

Can I just jump in on this post please, hope nobody minds but I found a web site recently which has been a great help for myself and many others on another forum that I go onto, in a few months that most of us have been using it we are all losing weight at about 1-2b a week which is the recommended ideal weight loss.

I know you can't post links so don't know how to do this, maybe if I do .....calorie count. about. com with no gaps that may help.

It's very American but it's been really helpful for us as you can log exactly what you are eating, which at first is really time consuming but after a while you get ino it. It will work out an ideal weight for you based on your activity levels and height etc and for me the best bit has been learning about how many calories are in different foods, many things I thought were healthy are definatly not!!!

I think weight watchers is based on couting calories but as they use a point system they have kind of already done the counting calorie work for you. It's a great site with advice on getting started, exercise programmes to follow etc and it has a forum, so if you need advice helpis at hand. I have not followed any of the exercise programmes, anyway i just thought I would share it and hope it may be of use to someone. I've had a really bad day today and it has helped me to get back on track cos as I have logged what I have eaten today I have thought that was way too much, lol

Hope it's use to someone >:D<<'>

Can I just jump in on this post please, hope nobody minds but I found a web site recently which has been a great help for myself and many others on another forum that I go onto, in a few months that most of us have been using it we are all losing weight at about 1-2b a week which is the recommended ideal weight loss.

I know you can't post links so don't know how to do this, maybe if I do .....calorie count. about. com with no gaps that may help.

It's very American but it's been really helpful for us as you can log exactly what you are eating, which at first is really time consuming but after a while you get ino it. It will work out an ideal weight for you based on your activity levels and height etc and for me the best bit has been learning about how many calories are in different foods, many things I thought were healthy are definatly not!!!

I think weight watchers is based on couting calories but as they use a point system they have kind of already done the counting calorie work for you. It's a great site with advice on getting started, exercise programmes to follow etc and it has a forum, so if you need advice helpis at hand. I have not followed any of the exercise programmes, anyway i just thought I would share it and hope it may be of use to someone. I've had a really bad day today and it has helped me to get back on track cos as I have logged what I have eaten today I have thought that was way too much, lol

Hope it's use to someone >:D<<'>

It is of use to somone.I found it a while ago and it is very good indeed.

It is easy to record daily meals and calculate calorie intake.It also has a useful recipe feature for calculating calories in own recipes or recipes from a book where calories are not given at the end of the recipe.

It is free too. :) does not cost anything.Karen.

Bid - i love yoga and pilates, really good for you too. (though you are gorgeous already).

What DVD was it?

'Essential Yogalates'!! :lol::clap:

Some bits of me are considerably less garjuss than they used to be ;)

Boho :dance:

*creeps back onto thread, with head hung in shame*

Had a fabby first few days on hols, but the last two days have been horrific :rolleyes: I've basically eaten what the heck I like, and it's the first time I've gone back to old eating patterns since starting WW in Jan. Ho hum, it's done now, and I'm going to draw a line under it and move on...tomorrow's another day, and I'm going to get back on track, and prepare myself for the dreaded weigh in on Wednesday :whistle:

Well done Forbsay :thumbs::thumbs:

I've done very well all week. Last night when DH went in the shower I was desperate for a sneaky binge, I went to the kitchen and opened the cake tin, got out the cake and sniffed it. Put it back in the box and then got the biccies tin out and pictured myself eating chocolate digestives. Pulled out some biccies and looked at them, then put them back in the tin. Put that back, then riffled in the crisp bag, didn't fancy crisps, wanted something sweet. In the end I took my tea and sat down and drank that and then a little later had an apple. Felt very good. :D

Can't find the scales, so no idea how much I've lost or put on or stayed the same, probably not a bad thing.

Going out for our meal tonight when Jay is at youth club, I'm really, really hungry, don't think I can wait very much longer. Just had a bowel of Special K to stifle the pangs and I've got to get Jay's tea and not eat anything. :o

~ Mel ~