forbsay

Mothers day

I will go for a walk with the kids if it is a nice day. DH has announced that he is going golfing with his cyper friends. Think he was scared to tell me his plans.

Have already got my present - a flower arrangement thing which i can put at the front door. Am also getting my car cleaned ( my suggestion as it is a total tip and I can't be bother cleaning it myself).

Forbsay

i bet my dh forgets :crying: still he boys make me nice cards at school. Id love to get my car cleaned it is such a mess. Prob wont do much on the day maybe go to the beach if its not too cold.

im working 7.15 am til 10pm :crying::crying: so wont be doin anything..........

the otherhalf is working too so my poor mums got my children 4 the day.....bless her

love donnaxxxxxxxxx

Dunno yet....have taken my mum her cards, chocs, flowers and M & S vouchers over as I won't be seeing her on Sunday.

Hopefully Sunday will involve lots of chilling out, taking it easy, slobbing about in my PJ's, and eating something nice.........no different to any other day then.... :lol::lol:

Forgot to wish all the mums of the forum a wonderful day, whatever you will be doing >:D<<'>

Edited by Bagpuss

DH will be in bed sleeping off a 12 hour night shift, so it'll be just me and J for the morning. I'll probably have to give him subtle reminders so that he'll know to wish me Happy Mother's Day. On the Saturday he'll probably slip out with Dad for flowers.

We'll go to see my Mam and take flowers and cards, then J and I are going to a local city farm to see the lambing shed and other new arrivals. The farm's next to where my grandma used to live so I might take J on a guided tour of Memory Lane as well.

Have a fab day, all you yummy mummies!

Karen

x

I sent my mum a card and a packet of chocolate hedgehogs! Since I don't live with my mum, but my brother does, I sent him some money and he is going to buy her a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine.

My mum has been in India and she gets home on Sunday, so I will get to talk to her as well.

Oooh, I've just booked for highlights on Sat as they had a 10% off deal for Mother's day :clap::bounce:

But Sun is my first night back after 3 off :crying:

Boho :dance:

It'll just be a normal Sunday for us, DH doesn't tend to make a big thing out of Mother's Day and Jay wouldn't think to do a card or anything unless pushed by someone else. DH wouldn't buy his own mum a card if he could get away with it, but he tried not sending her one a few years ago and was met with outraged silence and huffiness, she was mortally offended, actually, so now he sends her one just to keep the peace. DH will go out on his bike for the morning and I'll do homework with Jay or whatever and it'll just get ignored probably. My mum isn't around so can't send her a card either. Ho hum.

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

Whoops, feeling a bit sorry for myself there! :ph34r: Feel a bit jealous of all the lovely stories of flowers and special treats, but if you have to ask then it's not the same is it. Oh well, maybe when Jay is older he'll think to do it himself, shan't hold my breath though. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

JP said with a look of alarm on his face today "is it mothers day on sunday?" so I am guessing he will sort out a card etc with mr p on saturday.

Got up this morning, and all three kiddies duly handed over their pressies and cards, bless 'em :wub:

Youngest DD has managed to demolish 3/4 of the chocolates DH she bought me :lol:

On Friday eldest DD made a Mother's Day card and flowers at Brownies :wub: She hid them in her room :wub::wub: By 10 am she still hadn't given me them, so I prompted her, thinking she'd be really upset if it got to tea time and she'd forgotton......

"But I've already given you something, so you don't need something else" :unsure::lol: I shouldn't laugh.......

Got my cards this morning - both with beautiful handwriting. A lovely bunch of white roses, some champagne and a new bottle of perfume ( lost my old bottle last weekend).

M told me that i was his friend and that he really loves me :wub::wub::wub::wub: .

Little girl made my breakfast and painted my toe nails. :wub::wub::wub:

Whoops, feeling a bit sorry for myself there! :ph34r: Feel a bit jealous of all the lovely stories of flowers and special treats, but if you have to ask then it's not the same is it. Oh well, maybe when Jay is older he'll think to do it himself, shan't hold my breath though. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

nick gets me ###### all mel :angry::angry: he just doesnt do cards and flowers,hes doing house from top to bottom though so thats good :thumbs:

kate made me a card at school,steve got me nuffin :unsure:

>:D<<'> :lol:>:D<<'> :lol:>:D<<'> :lol:>:D<<'> :lol:>:D<<'> :lol:

No cards, no presents and no greetings. OH is in the bath, daughter is asleep and B is downstairs with me, demolishing the easter egg he was given by an Auntie yesterday.

B caught sight of the front page of the Times Supplement from yesterday, and it has a photo of a baby's hand holding an adult's thumb.

The headline is ' Ever wished you'd never had them?' so after him pointing out that it wasn't a very nice thing to say, we got into a discussion about why a parent might feel like that. And I pointed out that it was Mothers' day and I'd been given nothing, so how might I be feeling? And then he said ' Here, you can have half of my easter egg, and the jelly eggs inside, so you have something now, don't you?' :wub:

And then he went and spoilt it somewhat by saying 'I don't like jelly eggs anyway!' :lol:

OH would merely point out that I'm not his mother, so he didn't need to worry about Mothers' day. He doesn't do anniversaries or Valentines either.

Or cleaning the house hev!

Edited by Bard

Well, got woken (too early) by OJ, very excited cos he had got me a purple fluffy card and chocs. AJ surfaced at lunchtime with card and plant (bought by DH)! I was then asked what I was making them for THEIR breakfast, spent the morning cleaning out THEIR rabbits and was then asked what i was making them for THEIR lunch!!

Oh well, at least I have chocolate for later (had to hide it though!!)

Stella xx

My DH and DS' took me out for lunch. It was J's idea and was the quickest lunch ever as J didn't like the fact that it was really really busy, we practically had to eat and run to prevent a meltdown in the middle of the restaurant.

But however short our meal was, it was still lovely and I enjoyed it :)

Despite being hungover and sleep deprived after a party last night, I had a good day. Got cards and chocs - L bought me my favourite kind, white chocolate bar with dried strawberries in it. :dance:

I was taken out for a pizza (ds idea) and it was lovely. It nearly wasn't though as L was feeling a bit unwell and out of sorts and didn't really want to go. She was more hypersensitive to noise than usual and unfortunately the restaurant was full and there wasn't much on the menu she liked. But after a tense start, once she had eaten something she was happier, and psitivelly blissed - out after a triple chocolate sundae and half my tirimasu. :rolleyes: It's true what they say about chocolate and endorphins!

I've still got the washing to do though. :wacko:

K x

steve came back from the shop with a card paid for out of his own money :thumbs:

nick didnt do the housework so nick is in the naughty corner :angry:

Well its got round to teatime, when I spotted a beaming face nodding towards a beautifully wrapped a parcel on the side, I ask who is that for? DS said read the label.......ahhhhh my first real Mothers Day (I had decided I would not mention it or remind DH this year, as its always such a hoo haa, as OH does not do valentines, anniversaries, bithdays Christmas you name it, says they are all to grab your money!!!) anyway thanks to (I believe my own lovely Mother taking him to the shops) a beautiful card, beautifully written and a Natures Seasons Friends & Family Organiser all very pretty with birds, flowers, rabbits, foxes, badgers and butterfiles on it. DS said he chose it himself as he knows I love nature and animals....bless him :wub:

Feeling all warm and special tonight.

Happy Mothers Day all

>:D<<'> Clare x x x x

Guest Lya of the Nox

ooh clare >:D<<'>

i had choccies for brekkie got 3 boxes and 5 cd box set of hits from 80's lol

hubs made dinner with meggz help, bit of sensory probs with the raw beef, but we overcame that

we seem to have an open house on mothers day and today was no different, a friend and kids turned up so was a full house but fun, really good fun, nice banter and lots of laughs at table

meggz got me a great card she chose herself, reading all of your posts i realise how lucky i am cos she has always done things like this

happy mothers day, to the fabbiest hardworking mothers in the world! :wub:

Lya ~ sounds like good fun round yours, I'll pop it my diary for next year LOL

Good you had a good one.

>:D<<'> Clare x x x

Card & choccy orange & daffs from JP this am.

To mums pm to do her mothers day

S came for the day & bought me a yummy mummy mug & a washbag full of smellies from my fave perfume range.

Then she cooked chicken with ricotta & spinach stuffing, roasties & carrot/swede mash while I was in the shower.

Then we talked girlie stuff, oooh I do miss that on a daily basis.

Lovely day.

I got a joint card from both girls :wub: Dd2 also made me a card. I got a box of choccies which I'm working my way through :thumbs: