pearl

Update

Mum had her op today, under local anaesthetic, and came through it very well.

Asleep in her own bed now, after a very very long day.

Follow up appointment next week when we might find out if they got it all.

Away to my bed now, absolutely knackered.

Night night xx

Edited by pearl

Hope the news is good Pearl.

For the moment, it's good to hear your mum got through the op OK.

K x

I've just rung her to see if she needed an extra visit but she is absolutely fine & full of the joys of spring.

She was an absolute star yesterday, I felt v proud of her.

We are all hugely relieved the first hurdle is over. Appointment on fri, not sure yet if its just for dressings or whether we'll find out more.

That's very encouraging news Pearl, so pleased to hear things are going well. Hope you and Mr P get chance this weekend to relax and re charge your batteries.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x x

She has a huge black eye today, looks like she's gone ten rounds, but is already forgetting Friday's trauma.

Couldnt for the life of her find where they'd taken the skin graft from, I made her laugh by saying theres probs another old lady in the hosp wondering why theres a dressing on her leg! :lol:

She has a huge black eye today, looks like she's gone ten rounds, but is already forgetting Friday's trauma.

Couldnt for the life of her find where they'd taken the skin graft from, I made her laugh by saying theres probs another old lady in the hosp wondering why theres a dressing on her leg! :lol:

Pearl. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>.Karen.

:lol:

Hope the site heals quickly and that you get some positive news on Friday.

A x

Mum has her dressing off now, & it is healing well according to the nurse. It looks pretty awful at the moment, but it should improve daily, the nurse said it would pale & fill out a bit but always look a bit caved in. Turns out the graft was from her groin, so I made her laugh by saying bet you never thought you'd be displaying your groin to the world! That too has healed just fine. She was v stoical as usual, just held my hand tight when the stitches were taken out.

I asked about the follow up appt at the plastic surgery clinic, none had been made! So we now have one in 3 weeks when we should find out more.

Took her blue badge today & used it for first time as spotted a place, how sad am I that I found that exciting! Just brought hosp wheelchair to car. If I could be guaranteed a place I could do this on my own.

Another hurdle over :thumbs:

That's great news, I hope she heals up well, but with you watching her like a small, fierce hawk she's on a winner!

>:D<<'>

Edited by Bard

You not in York yet?

Edit: sorry that sounded really brusque! Just thought you were going today.

Edited by pearl