hev

extended his trial period!!

im sooo relieved,it was the meeting today to see if they would accept steve into school again after he assaulted teacher,well he went in there,said he was sorry which i think he genuinly was,they explained why he shouldnt have done this then accepted him back :thumbs:

then we had the annual review,it was a very positive meeting,they said he was a larger than life character which he is!!said he is very popular but he tries to be the clown all the time to be popular which he doesnt need to be cos the boys like him anyway,doing average on all his subjects and if he stopped walking out the class every 5 minutes he would do a lot better,they said he was very much missed by teachers and staff when he was away,the nice thing was when we arrived his key worker gave him a big cuddle then a care manager did as well :wub: lots of things he needs to work on,aggresion and he is seeing an occupational therapist as well,im very pleased with how it went

Orr thats a lovely post Hev, so releived for you, it sounds massively positive and I am glad they are giving him another chance, lets hope he can stay in the lessons longer now, but what a great uplifting post.

Well done Steve and good luck for the trial.

JsMum

Phew! :thumbs:

Hope the next few weeks go well, hev.

K x

phew indeed k :lol: can you imagine my posts if they hadent accepted him back :o well you dont have to imagine it cos you lot lived through it with me when steve was out of school for 18 months,i think the whole lot of you deserve a medal :first: theres your medal,dont say i never give you anything :lol:

Great news Hev :thumbs:

Do they have any actual plans of how to address his aggression? This seems like the biggest issue holding him back at the moment, and is also a long term issue as well.

Doing average in his subjects is good considering he has been out of school for so long!

Yah! :thumbs::thumbs:

Sounds like he's making a splash there! Absolutely loads of positive feedback too - just what he needs after all the ejukashunal disarstars wot must have reely flattened him :):thumbs:

:D

Yah! :thumbs::thumbs:

ejukashunal disarstars wot must have reely flattened him :):thumbs:

:D

hope you aint taking the mickey out of the way i talk mouthy,greenwich not long you know love,i got time to practice my punching skills :star::lol:

wow - it really sounds like they care and he is responding. Hope it continues - I'm pleased for you after all you have had to go through.

Brill, fab, super, and well done to you all. One of the best things about this forum is sharing the highs and lows with people who really know, I mean REALLY KNOW what we all go through. .Enid

Oh excellent! >:D<<'> Soooo relieved for you, they sound so good with him & he's clearly got so much going for him.

Onwards & upwards :thumbs:

People, especially online don't realise that ASDs can lead to this sort of thing. People always love their lines like "Oh just because you have DISABILITY X doesn't mean I have to let you off on everything!"

It makes them feel like they're second guessing things and gives them a sense of intelligence where there is none. It's basically people that think they're clever for not being "P.C.".

Good to hear progress has been made somewhere.

Thank the lord and all his little cherubs :rolleyes: hev, I've been really worried for you and Steve and I'm soooooo flippin' relieved for you that they aren't just going to give up without giving him a real chance to prove himself. I'm really happy :D>:D<<'>

Flo' XX

thanks for replies >:D<<'> he phoned me tonight and hes managed to stay in all his lessons today which he has never done before :thumbs: im very pleased and proud of him