bid

My mum

Just got back from Stoke Mandeville hospital as my mum broke her hip this afternoon :(

She is 79 and broke her other hip 3 years ago. She is disabled anyway as a result of having Charcot Marie Tooth disease, and needs a wheelchair outside the house. In the house she can only walk with a wheely frame.

She fell over in her kitchen, knocked herself out and then couldn't reach her emergency cord, so spent half an hour inching over to get to it to call the warden :(

She should be having surgery tomorrow, well today now.

She has had such a terrible few years. She broke her other hip, then my dad developed dementia and died two years ago after over 50 years of marriage and she had to leave the house they had built for them when they got married. She was already very low, still struggling with losing dad and had just started on anti-d's.

Now this :(

Please spare any positive vibes or prayers for her tomorrow, as I am so worried just about the surgery because of her age :(

Boho :tearful:

Edited by bid

So sorry to hear this bid. This is exactly what I'm afraid of with my elderly mum.

Will be thinking of you both and hoping the surgery goes OK. Keep us posted.

Karen

x

Bid big hugs to you and your mum, I,m so sorry to hear your news :tearful: , hope it goes well today I,ll be thinking of you, love suzex

Sorry to hear this, Bid. :(

She is a lovely lady. I hope she comes through the surgery OK.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:pray:

K x

She is a lovely lady.

Thank you...she so enjoyed meeting you that day >:D<<'>

I feel cr*p at the mo, but must try and get some sleep as I'm going to the hospital this afternoon which must be about an 80 mile round trip, then working tonight. Trouble is I can't sleep :rolleyes:

Edited by bid

bid :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope the op goes ok and that she makes a speedy recovery.

Let us know how it goes. It's horrible when things like this happen. My mum had similar incident last year and that was bad enough, must be so much worse when there are existing conditions to complicate matters.

Love Flozza >:D<<'>

Thanks so much everyone :tearful:>:D<<'>

She's going down to theatre within the next half hour, so I won't be able to see her today after all as I had to sleep this morning :(

I feel so bad, because I could have seen her this morning, but yesterday they thought she would go to theatre in the morning, which is why I got some sleep. So she has been all on her own all day :(

Boho :(

Edited by bid

Bid >:D<<'>

I've only just seen this. So Sorry to read about your mum I hope she is ok and that you are too.

Have you phoned work maybe you could go in a bit later, if at all!! Sorry if you have already thought of this

lots of >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> to you

bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> thinking of you and mum,keep strong,if your mums anything like you shes a very strong lady,i know how worrying it all is though

Bid >:D<<'>

I've only just seen this. So Sorry to read about your mum I hope she is ok and that you are too.

Have you phoned work maybe you could go in a bit later, if at all!! Sorry if you have already thought of this

lots of >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> to you

I was going in at 2200, because of the round trip to Stoke Mandeville. But as I can't visit mum at all I'm just going in at the normal time. H. was the nurse on last night and this morning when I spoke to work, and she was really nice bless her, but I felt I needed to go in because I think we're still one short. The Kazman and Boy Blunder are on tonight and I know they'll look after me >:D<<'>

See you tomorrow hun...

Boho

Edited by bid

oh bid i am very pleased to hear that,i hope you are ok and i wish your mum a very speedy recovery >:D<<'>

Oh no bid, its horribly scarey the surgery bit, that for me was the worse time when J broke his arm a few weeks ago, its amazing what goes throw your mind at that point, but like you say when they wake up its such a reliefe, did she itch her nose, J did?

Im pleased she has got throw this stage ok and that road ahead is a speedy recovery, hope you catch up on that good old sleep, god bless, hugs and lets us know how things progress.

JsMum

Sorry, Bid, I've only just spotted this!! Glad surgery went well, what a draining time for you........Hope she's feeling a bit better now, and you too. Take care, and I'll do my best to send some positive vibes your(and her!) way.

>:D<<'>

Esther x

Thanks again, everyone >:D<<'>

Our biggest fear is that she will give up :ph34r:

She has never really recovered from my dad dying two years ago, and only recently was still saying things like she wishes she didn't wake up each morning :(

Before she broke her other hip 3 years ago she was still quite independent, although her mobility was compromised (she could drive an automatic car, walk with a stick wearing orthoses on her feet, climb stairs). After breaking that hip she could no longer drive, can't climb stairs, can only walk tiny distances using a wheely frame, and outside uses a wheelchair.

We are absolutely terrified of what the effect will be on her already limited mobility having broken this hip :(

And unfortunately it was this time of year 2 years ago that my dad's dementia deteriorated and he died in July...so this has sort of churned that all up again for me :tearful:

Sorry to dump all this on you guys...it's just hard having to get on with work and everything :(

Sorry to dump all this on you guys...it's just hard having to get on with work and everything :(

You come and dump whatever you like, some of us know exactly what you mean, and those that don't can sympathise anyway. >:D<<'>

It is hard when you have other things you need or have to do, when you find it hard to concentrate because your mind keeps wandering off to have a little panic on its own.

I hope that your mother heals well and recovers soon, and stays positive.

My dad has finally decided that he might as well live, and he's swearing a little less now. He's even managing small walks of a couple of minutes.

I'm worried that B is beginning to kick off at school because of all the disruption and worry with his grandfather being ill.

He's apparently been rude to a teacher and is beginning to over-react to others again.

Krakatoa is rumbling...

Bid

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I suppose you and your mum too, just have to take one day at a time and not think too far ahead. I hope she stays positive.

K x

My dad has finally decided that he might as well live, and he's swearing a little less now. He's even managing small walks of a couple of minutes.

I'm worried that B is beginning to kick off at school because of all the disruption and worry with his grandfather being ill.

He's apparently been rude to a teacher and is beginning to over-react to others again.

Krakatoa is rumbling...

So glad to hear your dad is making good progress >:D<<'>

Pearl is right...it's so hard worrying about and trying to support elderly parents and our children with their own difficulties :( I hope B settles down again soon.

Boho >:D<<'>

Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I have been away a couple of days and am just catching up.

It is very stressful supporting elderly parents.Thinking of yourself and mum.Karen.

Hi Bid,

Im so sorry I missed all this.

I hope your Mum is on the mend and you must remember to take care of yourself.

love Loraine

xx