baddad

Woo Hoo!!

Didn't mention earlier in case i jinxed anything, but 100% Ben has spent the last four days in MADRID!! :thumbs::thumbs:

A school trip - they flew out on Tuesday (up at five to get him to school to board coach for 6.15) and got back to school at 3.00 this arvo.

I am doubly/trebly/quadruply proud, because Ben had sworn to me he would never EVER get on a plane (terrified of heights/large machinery - getting him onto fairground rides took years and years of intensive preparation!), but the thought of not going with all of his year six friends gave him the courage to try :wub::notworthy:

He had no idea, but i followed the coach up to Gatwick and holed up in the Gatwick Village starbucks until the plane left in case he couldn't handle it - but he did! My biggest fear all week was that he made it there kicking and screaming all the way, and would refuse to get on the plane coming back! :lol:

I have missed him like crazy, but he's hardly thought about me at all :(. Mind you, I'd rather that than the other :)

He's taken some absolutely amazing piccies which he'll post at some time, when he's had a chance to slideshow and upload them :), with a 'postcard' saying what he got up to.

Now I've never actually been to Spain, so Ben's got one up on me! Now he has flown, we can think about a foreign holiday too... woo hoo!! :dance:

How cool is my son? :):wub:

:D

Oh - here's a 'cartoon' he made last Friday that is already on photobucket and he asked me to show it to you all :)

007 and a half

:)

Edited by baddad

OOer...

dunno quite what's wrong (the forum has been running very slowly for me the past few days(?) anyone else? all other sites seem fine?)

but the link to the cartoon doesn't work for me - there's a funny 'ghosting' effect if viewed in the link, and it refreshes out of sync if viewed full screen? Smooth as silk in photobucket, but no good on the forum :(

We'll try again later :)

How cool is my son? :):wub:

100% cool! :notworthy:

:dance::dance:

Well done Ben! :clap: Will he come on here and tell us all about it, do you think? :) I'd love to go to Madrid.

And well done, dad for surviving the experience. :)

(The cartoon works for me, by the way.)

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Your post had echoes of mine a few weeks ago!

Especially the first line.

Fantastic for Ben, well done to him for getting over that hurdle because like B, once he's done it, he knows that it's possible.

A whole new world to explore.

And I bet like me that you slept with the mobile glued to your ear and cat-napped the entire time he was away!

B phoned me a dozen times on the Saturday he was away, and once on the Sunday. I thought he'd lost the phone, but he was having so much fun he forgot that he owned one.

>:D<<'> to you for allowing your boy to fly solo, it took a lot of trust and courage on your part as well.

Woop woop, Ben!! :thumbs:

Most excellent :notworthy:

B, M and D are extremely jealous, as they haven't been on a plane yet!

Bid >:D<<'>

Edited by bid

Really absolutely fantastic >:D<<'> my ds had never been allowded on any of the trips :tearful::tearful: My 6 yr old son is going away with the school overnight next week!!! he`s in y1 and they are all staying overnight at a local hostel, they do it evey year, He seems so little, personally I cant see the point of it, the school says its to teach independace, he`s 6 for god sakes, but all his little mates are staying so I am letting him go but hate it :tearful: Enid

oh bd how brilliant is that,im so pleased for both you and ben and i understand how proud you feel :thumbs:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Ben :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

M's due to start Year five in September...... And i've already been told he can't go to the Isle of Wight trip in Year 6...... :unsure::wallbash:

You must be proud and shattered - in equal measures Bads!

Great cartoon Ben :clap:

Whose a little jetsetter now :D:thumbs:

I still remember my very first flight. The plane flew over the beautiful coral reef as it was about to land in Maroochydore in Queensland Australia. I was so amazed at how crystal clear the photo's were. The water was turquoise and aqua and the white white sand. You could see a shark if there were any the water was so clear, and all the rock platforms and different colours as the water got deeper - shades of green from plant life and deep blue.

No stopping you now 100% Ben.

What was it like on your first flight, were you scared? just a bit, I was. :D

well done you two!!! It made me smile thinking of you following the coach and lurking around in starbucks cause l would have done exactly the same thing :lol::lol:

When I was at school we went on a trip to Dorset. How times change, eh!

Glad he got on the plane - in both directions!

Thats really great for Ben - I hope he had a fantastic time and the 2 of you can spend the next few months perusing brochures and sticking pins in maps for where to fly to next! :)

Big well done to Ben :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Huge huge well done both of you.

It is great to have such good news.

Our Ben has had a tough week and I was feeling a bit as though things will always be difficult.It is great to find that things that were once out of the question can be done. :notworthy:>:D<<'> Karen.

Oooooh, just saw this! Well done Ben :thumbs: And well done dad for managing to hold it together all week without wobbling on the forum (you must have been blue in the face) :notworthy:

Flozza :thumbs: