Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Funny noises?

People keep asking me why I am making funny noises, but I don't even realise I'm doing it. I wonder why I do it? I've been getting these comments a lot lately. :whistle:

SG you're not alone, my daughter makes funny noises too and gets very defensive if we mention them as she has no idea that she's doing it either!

Edited by loobylou2

My lad makes all kinds of noises and also does funny things with his face but he dont even know he is doing it. >:D<<'>

Both my NT and AS sons make noises all the time - it used to drive me mad :wallbash: but I don't even notice it any more :)

My son does too, he did a horrible sniffing thing for months, nearly sent me MAD, at least thats stopped ,now he just tries to kill me!! only joking. I think :tearful: Enid

My boy makes noises and isn't aware he's doing it. Less so this last week but when he's stressed it's constant.

Last year when Bill was assessed by our independent EP for the tribunal she commented on how he hums quietly whenever he's concentrating on something....I'd never noticed this until she pointed it out and now I notice it all the time!

Enid, Bill also does the sniff thing... he's done it since he was about 3......

Flo' :D

Edited by Flora

When my son is excited about something he paces around the house clicking his fingers. It doesnt bother me, it actually makes me smile as I know he is happy when he does this. :)

He cant keep still when talking, he will either pace as we are talking, or sit and stim with one of his legs :D if he is awake before me and forgets to take his meds he makes a whirly noise I have read about it some of the books on ASD they describe it better. He mainly does these things at home when he is relaxed. If he is out, he holds it all in like taking a deep breath.

I have a grunter, gets really embarassing at times. He grunted all afternoon yesterday, after he had kicked a coach and told my very religious auntie that "you can go and be boring again now". This was as we said goodbye to her after a coffee at her house.

My ds is going thru another of these phases-he has 3 different levels of squeking atm-hi pitched mid range then low range but all one after the other itms. He was crying earlier cos he said he was worried he is too loud cos someone in the shop looked at him.

I make peculiar out of the blue noises all the time, and often dont notice it. I also sometimes make up a voice for the dog. :tearful:

Today it aint noises as such but he cant blow his nose he just cant get the hang of it so he is snorting every minute or two n sounds like a pig in mud lol.