pearl

Whats the worst Christmas present you've ever received?

They are doing a competition on our local news, most of the presents are from hapless husbands to wives & include:

a toilet

and

a piece of pork :o

Mr p usually does good, but his mother once gave me a plastic lobster :ph34r:

Roll up here & consign all your manky pressys to Santa's Room 101 :partytime:

My (now ex) mother in law once bought me a china dog for Christmas. This despite me not having a dog, having no interest in dogs (or china), or ever having mentioned a dog (or china). :huh:

I was even more impressed by the �1 price tag stuck on the box. :shame:

Sadly it accidentally fell into a charity bag. Oh how I was cursing my luck after that :whistle:

There are some poor presents that are forever destined to be in Secret Santa's sack, recycled year after year. I think the lobster & the china dog would fit that category (though probably not the toilet or the piece of pork)

I have a box of mini bottles of perfume for my Secret Santa recipient this year (I got it about 3 Christmases back so I reckon its safe for it to have another outing). I'm just glad I didnt get the only bloke in our team, I'd have had to actually buy something :lol:

i had a awful smelly set from my m.i.l. ........

my dp had a minuture bottle of whisky from them wen hes never liked the stuff..........

donnaxxxxxx

I just know that this is going to keep me awake all night as my poor brain trawls through everything (so thanks for nothing Pearl) :wallbash:

Already it's remembered that my mum bought me a running jacket one Christmas. Twelve months later she bought me the exact same running jacket, despite the fact that I hadn't worn the first one (I put it down to dementia)(her buying the same thing twice that is, not me not wearing a jacket - that's 'stupidity' as opposed to dementia) :huh:

The fact that she has bought me a bag of Brussel sprouts as a Christmas present in the past only reinforces the fact that she's losing the plot :wacko:

Or maybe my uncle getting me a (yes a as in one) blank floppy disk one year...as I'm 'into IT' (the only year he ever bothered buying his brother's family anything)(my brother got a watch BTW which really made me feel 'special')

That said, it also works the other way as I bought a Jimmy Carr DVD for myself a couple of years ago, watched it, hated it...and wrapped it up and gave it to my brother - who says Yorkshiremen are tight fisted? :devil:

Ok stand back......

my mum got my sister an I diet plates!!!! Yep, god's honest truth....these plates are marked into serving portions with various calorie counts for common foods! Mum could not see why my sister and I were in hysterics as she truely thought these plates were a revelation :rolleyes:

A x

A jumper which was a couple of sizes bigger than my normal size - my MIL thought it was a good idea as I was pregnant at the time. :wacko:

K x

my mother in law always always buys me PJ's at least 2 yes 2 sizes too small for me!!!!!!!!! and last time they were extra long im only 5 foot 4!!!!!

my mum actually gave me a couple of pillows for christmas :unsure::blink: never used em btw they wouldn't last 5 mins but i remember wen i was pregnant my granny in law gave me the "BIG KNICKERS" and an old fashioned granny nightie :lol::lol::lol:

O my god I must have been so luck so far lol tho saying that one year in a secret santa swap someone bought me this odd bag made of plastic with lots of pockets to put pictures in(im a photographer)....it never saw daylight im afraid. :oops:

My DH always gives me weird gifts including.....

~ a catus

~ a clump or roots (supposed to have grown in to lovely flowers as refuses to buy fresh cut ones, never grew into anything)

~ a Jack Ass DVD (OMG have you ever watched one of them, what an earth was he thinking !!!!!)

~ various CD's of artists I have never even heard of (but he wanted them :unsure: )

Haver told him (nicely) not to bother this year, what with credit crunch and all :lol:

Clare x x x

:lol:

not a live one, a cuddly toy thingy filled with lavender, you put it in the microwave so you've something warm to cuddle when your boyfriend has dumped you. She was not impressed.

Omigosh, the first year Crimbo after our Mum died, we 3 kids had to buy each others gifts form our Dad as he was housebound....

A screaming, wobbly great failure!

Well, we did gat a few gifts each that were at least in the right ball park, but....

I recieved a compilation CD of fake Elvis singers- WHY???? There was a perfectly good Metallica album out there that I had actually asked for!!

My brother bought my sister a multi pack of granny pants (he was only 14!) that, on her return to work at a care home 3 days later, she discovered most of the female residents had received identical pakets of! (Think massive, yards or elastic , reinforced gussets and twee floral print!)

How I laughed!

Actually, thinking on it, my little brother did very well that year!

But the next year, he tried to give my sis her gifts without the bother of using paper.

'I want them wrapped!' she huffed, casting the carrier bags back at Michael, 'They're not proper presents unless they're wrapped!!'

'They are wrapped...' he sighed, as he sloped back in the direction of his room, ' they're still in the CARRIER BAGS!'

Heheh!

doesn't manky mean dirty?

as in a manky old jumper, the manky floor etc?

Adjective

manky (comparative mankier, superlative mankiest)

(UK, Ireland, slang) Unpleasantly dirty and disgusting.

anyway worst present i got was... a fake dvd that didn't work

hi i have a step mum who must hate me here gos

1 yr pair of tights but not just your plain blk kind they had a patten of pretend jeans on them yes pretend jeans pockets an all size 12 yrs old :fight:

hair dryer with a 2 pin plug it was that old the pictures on the box were of mullets (sorry if we ave a lot of mullet hair styles on ere :lol: )

photo frames smashed

you get my drift i would not even put them in a charity bag they might be able to trace me for them and think i have bad taste :shame:

we do look so forward to opening the presents now because it gives us a great laugh xmas morn, it is also like a comp now to see who can get worst prezzie,

lol

theresa xx

doesn't manky mean dirty?

as in a manky old jumper, the manky floor etc?

anyway worst present i got was... a fake dvd that didn't work

It has a broader meaning in Lancs I think - anything you don't like, basically. Now where's my Lancy slang book I got for christmas last year? :lol:

Not the worst but certainly the most disappointing present was when I was about 5. I asked for a Babycham - ie the cute little cartoon creature that bounced across the screen on the advert. Huh, Father Christmas took me literally and left a bottle of Babycham outside my bedroom door. My crest was somewhat fallen that day.

Billabong

When I was about 8 I bought my nan a diary and address book for christmas, when I was around 11 I got it back! The same one as it had " merry Christmas nanny" in my childish scrawl!

ha ha that was a pretty rubbish present!

Huh, Father Christmas took me literally and left a bottle of Babycham outside my bedroom door.

Perhaps Father Christmas is himself autistic? :unsure: In fact, let's look at the evidence:

Difficulty with social communication

• Limited language and repetitive phrases - especially Ho Ho Ho
  • Need for repetitive/modelled conversations - have you been a good girl/boy?, What would you like for Christmas?
  • Preference to work with Elves who talk to themselves in Elfish, reducing the need for social communication
  • Poor understanding of jokes hence the need for weak/obvious Christmas Cracker jokes as practise
  • Use of old-fashioned /traditional speech rather than more current/fashionable phrases/language
  • Preference for written 'conversation' hence bringing about the tradition of 'Letter to Santa'

Difficulty with social interaction

• Limited understanding of acceptable social interaction played out in entering strangers' houses through the chimney
  • Lack of understanding of personal space in asking people to sit on his knee
  • Needing people to approach him and conduct social interaction in his own personal space
  • Prefers to spend time alone in his own land for the majority of the year avoiding any social contact
  • Appears to behave in multiple strange ways
  • Stims involving 'shaking his belly like a bowlful of jelly'
  • Rarely expresses own needs and despite seeing others asking for things, is never seen asking for anything for himself
  • Prefers the company of animals (especially reindeer) to other humans

Difficulty with social imagination

• Unable to think about what others might like requiring requests in the form of a letter
  • Difficulty thinking about other ways of doing things or change, hence clinging to tradition
  • Poor understanding of the concept of danger taking not only to flying but also to landing on slippery roofs
  • Needs to stick to a routine, always delivering presents on exactly the same night every year
  • Imaginative in creating his grotto, but prefers to do this the same every time

Sensory Issues

• Unaware of the cold hence happy living in Lapland where the temperature is frequently below minus 20
  • Preference for quiet and writes this into his own social story: "'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"
  • Enjoys the noise of sleigh bells hence a preference to attach these to his sleigh, trees, pressies, etc.
  • Preference for low light hence working at night with glasses tinted with coal dust
  • Always wears the same soft red suit regardless of current fashions

Special Interests

• Making toys
  • Christmas (:lol:)

:lol:

i think you all might be glad i'm not getting presents for you, i'm of the practical kind and have been known to give such wonders as a tray for putting your dinner on and an iron...

worst ive ever got? magnolia bath stuff... every year for 5 years! i swear my whole family think that if i like something then thats all i like... incidentally i DONT like baths!

Mumble

:lol::clap:

I would say the evidence is overwhelming.

One more thing to add: Extremely restricted food preferences: insists on repetitive diet of sherry and mince pies.

K x

I would say the evidence is overwhelming.

One more thing to add: Extremely restricted food preferences: insists on repetitive diet of sherry and mince pies.

Plus maybe he uses the sherry to calm his anxieties over potential social interaction at christmas!!!

I know it's not exactly a Christmas present but my brother did get a somewhat bizarre 'gift' from one his customers this week. The 'norm' is to give and receive alcohol but he got...

...a 25kg sack of potatos :huh:

Theyll sprout, I say theyll sprout, you know :D

As long as I don't end up with a bag of King Edward's as a Christmas present then I don't care :D