• Itv
    • BBC1
    • CHANNEL 5
    • QVC
    • Videos/DVD'S
    • SKY SPORTS
    • BOOMARANG

You missed the discovery channels

Althought my son likes Jetix , or 609 as he calls it because it has robot wars on, he would much rather watch a factual programme on sealife inc fishing on one of the discovery channels

James rarely watches proper tv because he prefers to make his own choice about what he watches, rather than wait and see what comes on. Lil-me, James is a Robot Wars fan as well, and watches repeats on UK Gold at his gran's. Also likes nature programmes.

Karen

x

:D ....Can,t vote where,s discovery channel ? :rolleyes: .....does no one elses child watch time team, top gear, scrap heap challenge, robot wars , mega machines,? :lol:

Not sure what channels that these are on but here goes.

Raven,

CBBC channel (Tracey beaker)

Mainly got CBBC channel on most of the time.

He likes to watch Animals or people doing funny things on camera makes him laugh.

If he wants his dvd player on in his room its always Actionman being played over and over again.

O by the way he likes believe it or not The Chuckle brothers.... :wallbash: what rubbish.

Most of his time though is on the XBox playing Midtown Madness yet we bought plenty of games but that's the only one he plays nothing else.

My son and daughter have been having fun at the moment like all yours probably in the pool out the garden as it been so hot.

Take care

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

eurosport.

he would have it on 24/7 if allowed.

they seem to show a constant run of football but if it changes he will watch whatever sport is on while waiting for football to return!

Guest flutter

we seem to be over 'charmed' to the great relief of the males in the house!

we into reruns of very strange cartoons, ( farily oddparents and others like it)

My dd loves cbeebies, we always watch the Bedtime Hour then she knows when that is finished it is time to get ready for bed so it's nice to end the day on a routine. She also loves anything with music and dancing, I've just got a DVD from Avon with a group of girls and a dance teacher, they go through the moves then do the dances to 5 songs, she loves it.

Although I voted for Cartoon Network Matthews favourite channel is Animal Planet, followed closely by Discovery. He only really watches Cartoon Network when he is slowing down and needs to chill out. That's his version of tat TV - where mine is BB at the moment.

Carole

I can't vote .... unlike his brothers, my son doesn't watch TV at all! He's too busy playing football. He used to be glued to Disney videos, but we've been at the very little/none stage for about two and a half years now. He's eight.

Com watches odd things - science programmes, science fiction and such - but he's not a great TV watcher and only shows interest in even some of those occasionally.

he prefers radio I think and likes stuff like just a minute and old peter cook and dudley moore sketches that nemo listens to - word play

so I can't vote either

Couldn't vote as you don't list CBBC or CITV - If we had cable ben would like Nick etc, but we don't so it's CBBC in the main on the digibox...

Mad on anything with Sonic in (Sonic X/Sonic Underground - even Sonic the movie which is the worst of the lot!) Also anything Hanna Barbera after getting into Wacky races from PS2, but thats more a 'nostalgia' thing (odd word I know, when he's only 8, but the only word that fits!) now. Loves any sort of quiz/competition (50/50, Best of friends/Raven etc) and wants to get me on 'Get your own back'...), but also starting to like science and nature, and some comedy too. Oh, and Narnia/Harry Potter sort of stuff too, but only the action bits! Hates things like 'Kerching' and Basil Brush, thank heavens!

BD :D

CBBC and CITV are sugar coated politically correct cr*p nowadays. That's why they probably aren't listed. Back in the 80s CBBC was brilliant. They showed excellent cartoons like Ulysses 31, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. CITV showed plenty of good stuff as well.

I think that British TV has got like American TV. We have a telly for cash (satellite/cable) and a telly for trash (terrestrial). I rarely ever find myself watching any of the terrestrial channels and mainly watch stuff like Discovery, National Geographic, and the History Channel because thats where the good documentaries are found.

The BBC has totally gone down the pan over the past 10 or so years and I think the TV licence is poor value for money in today's world. Don't even get me started about the political bias of the BBC and how it is being used to promote the Blairite cause.

can't vote.

my son watches either the music channels or sky movies he's not really into cartoons, never has been.

he also like reality tv shows as well!!!!! (but not big bro, thank goodness.)

h x

Edited by cjsmum

My 5yr-old loves the Jetix channel as it has his 2 favourites on there - Power Rangers and Spiderman.

My 2yr-old likes CBeebies but, as a mini-geek, he also loves the Sci-Fi programmes on Sky One. He also loves Dr Who over on the BBC. :ph34r:

J loves Boomarang and Cartoon network but his obsession at the moment is adverts.You mention a headache and he says have you tried 4head!

I was cleaning the loo with the toilet brush he said "you do realise you are just transfering germs from there to there".(I must get a new one with disposable head!).I could go on for ever he relates an advert to almost every situation at the moment.It is hilarious though. :lol:

Hi LKU

I know what you mean with the adverts, my son likes to repeat some of them.

There's an advert not sure which one but Natasha bedingfields song is playing and he gets all embarrassed as he likes her...... :wub::wub:

Then that advert: I saw you baby..shaking that ar*e shaking that ar*e......... :lol::lol: He told me he wasn't sure if he was allowed to repeat it because of the word... :D

He has started to watch Top gear as his dad watches it, tells me what some of the cars are called..... :unsure: I haven't got a clue what names of different cars are... :unsure: He gets over excited.... :dance: when he sees a Mini cooper or new beetle his eyes are wide open. I can remember when he was younger he did the same thing but with the flapping, lets hope this doesn't come back... :oops:

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

Thankyou eveyone for voteing i really appriciate it sorry i didnt include enough channels i would edit it now if i could but dont know how lol but i will try and do another one soon and include more channels when i put BBC 1 I MEANT CBEEBIES etc as they are on that channel anyway vote for fun keep smiling guys x x x :bat:

Voted Boomerang, but Max also loves Nick Jnr and Noggin, but his favourite is also Adverts. He quotes em alot, right now he keeps saying "I'm an expert in potty training, get the DVD", so I say "do you want me to", and he says no. Typical, we are slowly and badly potty training right now.

Jo

Lewis loves Cartoon Network and has 'adopted' some of the characters as his very own imaginary friends! It's great, we have to put seat belts on them, pull their chair out at the table and the like, but don't ask Lewis what they'd like for tea, because out will come, "They can't eat Mum, they're not real!" :lol:

He has also discovered Jetix lately and loves Monkey business, which is on early in the morning.

Hi Amanda

Our kids could be twins!!! He repeats ads - echolalia they call it.

We watch Jeremy Clarkson every night and when we are out, I have to hear about the BHP (brake horse power) of every ###### car that goes past :blink::blink::blink:

Brainiac - Science Abuse and of course Red Dwarf in the recent past.

Scrapheap Challenge Robot Wars

When he was around 4 or 5 we watched Tom and Jerry day and day out and then Dexters Laboratory.

Oh and I forgot - when he was three he watched a video that his dad had made of a press from the factory he works at :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

He and dad just loved to watch this machine and the cams etc and there was an amazing shot of a compressor :rolleyes::rolleyes: and they both just loved the bit when the oil was leaking from it :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Oh well back to bed for me - I got up because it is really hot and I can't sleep.

Night Night :lol::lol::lol:

HelenL

The repeating adverts I find he funniest when we are walking round a supermarket and everything I put in the trolley he comes out with the slogan or the song off the advert. Even when we walk into a supermarkert or I say which one we are going to he comes out with their slogans. There is only one problem, he tends to believe whatever they say on the adverts, if they say something is better for you, cheaper or tastes great, or even 'Kids love them' then he pressumed he likes them, wants them and they end up in the bin :rolleyes: etc. Maybe this is just proof, too many adverts on television.

My son too is swayed by adverts and is an avid reader of packets. He does not want to eat anything high in fat.

I forgot - he also loves things like How Clean is Your House as he is germ phobic and likes to reasure himself that we have a reasonably germ free house (or so he thinks) .

He loves consumer programmes and then preaches to everyone about what he saw on a programme - say on contaminated meat - he will then ask if I serve him contaminated meat - he will ask the cook at school if she serves contaminated meat.

Unbeknownst to me, he once watched a programme on Shaken Baby Syndrome and as he shakes his head a lot, he was convinced he was going to die. That programme which was shown at around 7.00pm was catastrophic for us.

Best wishes

HelenL

Julian will not watch telly unless it is Top of the Pops (and that depends now as it is really quite rubbish) and anything with Planes in, we have a selection of plane dvd's that he requests to watch about a million times a day. He would sit and watch them back to back forever if he thought he could get away with it. Occasionaly he asks for Thomas Tank but given the choice planes win every time. He can identify about 20 planes by silhoutte alone! :clap: Can't speak but can say Lancaster, Wolf, Hercules, sea hawk and other plane names - work that one out!

Caroline

The favourites are

Discovery kids channel - full of wierd scientific facts - especially "Mystery Hunters"

Boomerang - for Scooby Doo

Videos - especially if Harry Potter, Narnia or Scooby Doo

Hi All,

My boy loves ads and today saw an ad for Sainsburys Insurance and there is a little 'bill' walking along and everyone singing about 'little bill'. I asked him why he didn't like the ad - he says " I don't know much about Insurance, but Direct Line have the cheapest insurance" (he is 9)

There was then a baby who is only 6 months old on breakfast time and she needs a heart donor. They explained that her heart is enlarged - Jordan says - "I would have thought that a larger heart would have been of more benefit to a person than an undersized heart" - my goodness I am glad we were at home when he came out with that one.

I have a 4x4 and he feels quite justified in calling me an idiot -because Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear - his fave at the moment) said people who drive them are idiots! I am glad I am anonymous.

Best wishes

Helen L

Matthew had a HUGE interest in adverts that were advertising insurance cover. He kept asking me how much cover we had for this that and of course his Guniea Pigs :lol: He kept quoting me prices which were not making me 'happy' and so I asked my eldest to have quiet indpeth conversation with him. Eldest is a manger for More Than - Matthew now rests safe in the knowledge that we are covered for eveything by them because his brother works for them. Now that's 'Lucky' maybe not as their dog in their ads has died :( Not told Matthew that one so far.

Carole

Edited by carole

Used to be the Food Network but now it is HGTV (House and Garden TV), the most normal/kid shows he likes is one called Cyberchase (math concepts in cartoon form) and one called George Shrinks (2-inch high kid and his gadgets) on our public education channel.

When I was a kid:

Favourite TV programme: Tomorrows World.

Favourite cartoon: The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Favourite channel: Only had 4 channels back then, but seemed to spend more time with teletext that watching TV.

Worst TV programme: Varied depending what was on. I particularly disliked Coronation Street.

Now:

Favourite TV programme: The Sky at Night.

Favourite cartoon: Still seems to be the Mysterious Cities of Gold. The old stuff is always the best.

Favourite channel: Discovery.

Worst TV programme: Eastenders.

Call me immature/eccentric but I like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Guess I must be the only Buffy fan here then. Buffy is a very admirable person. Spike can be very funny even though he is a baddy. At least he sometimes tries to be good.

What is you favourite Tv channel ?

BOOMARANG HERE C LOVES TOM AND JERRY ALTHOUGH WATCHING IT NOW IT HAS SOME CRAZY IDEAS HOPE HE DOESN'T COPY THE IRON ON HEAD AND SETTING FIRE TO CATS TAILS IDEAS THOUGH!!! HE HE HE

:pray:

Col used to love nick junior - right up until a leaflet came with the sky mag - and in small writing at the top - was the sentence - veiwing fun for under fives.

that was it - he never watched it again - and now likes bbc1 -

but he likes the weakest link too! - and takeshis castle!!!!!