Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

please dont boot me - read on!

I have been having some real nasty headaches. I wake with them and i cannot get out of bed, they make me sick all day long too. my dh has to keep having time off work, and my family is suffering because of thyem.

I have migraines, but these are much worse, i cannot keep anything down long enough to have an effect on them.

I went to the docs this morning and she wants me to see an neurologist, and have a cat scan to see what is happening. I also have to have blood tests and an eye examination.

I may not be in much, as i dont want to tempt fate with these headaches, they are terrible.

I will keep popping in though, keep your fingers crossed. :pray:

Oh dear,I hope that you get some answers to what is going on soon.Be kind to yourself and we'll hear from you when you feel able to pop in.I do hope that you feel much better soon.xx

Hi Elaine,

I found out 4 weeks ago that I have a tumour on my pituitary gland. Its giving me blinding headaches but they are easily treatable and not life threatening, maybe thats what they suspect?

Went elsewhere and whilst surfing I remembered reading something recently about headaches. There is something called either 'Cyclic(al) headaches' or 'Waterfall headaches'. Mrs Phasmid and I read it as she used to suffer miagraine headaches so it was interesting. Can't remember what we read the article in. A google search might throw something up. We can remember it saying that some people get them so badly they cannot function, to break the cycle some people had to be knocked out in hospital.

I have cluster headaches that are like these. The pain is centre behind the eye and it feels as though something is pushing it out. The pain is constant for about 4 hours and then relents abit for a few hours and then returns. This goes on for weeks. Painkillers don't touch it but sometimes the doctor administers oxygen which does sometimes help temporarily.

Im am so sorry to hear of your pain

My mother used to suffer with cluster headaches. I can sympathise

I do hope that you find an answer soon - theres nthing worse than not knowing. Please keep us updated - it sounds as if you have a lot of people here concerned for you - me included.

I realy hope everything goes well -

Hugs Rae

Im am so sorry to hear of your pain

My mother used to suffer with cluster headaches. I can sympathise

I do hope that you find an answer soon - theres nthing worse than not knowing. Please keep us updated - it sounds as if you have a lot of people here concerned for you - me included.

I realy hope everything goes well -

Hugs Rae

Sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell, I've been getting bad headaches lately and the GP thinks its eye related and stress, he said 'Make opticians appointment as soon as possible' I said ' Are you paying ?' of course he wasn't, so I said I'll book one when I can afford to.

>:D<<'>

Hope you feel well soon.

Try not to worry, it could be stress (I once had 'cluster headaches' which sound a bit similar to your symptoms, I also get migraine and I'd say that the cluster headache thing was worse because it never ever went away... lasted for weeks went to docs, got some really strong pain killers and anti sickness pills and it eventually stopped.... just a thought).

Do hope all turns out ok.

Best wishes

Lauren >:D<<'>

Don't know if this is helpful, but could maybe weather related...? I get a lot more sinus headaches/migraines in hot weather because (I think) of all the different pollutants & pollens floating about... If you've ever had sinus headaches, they feel like someone sticking an icepick through your eye. If you cough or sneeze, you think your head will split in half... Luckily I only get really bad ones rarely these days, but when i do the only cure is when i actually throw up - somehow it usually gets it gone.,.. Again, may be totally irrelevent, but food intolerances - particularly caffeine, dairy and chocolate - can cause serious headaches. Unusual weather patterns can mean that intake of certain foods goes up (more caffeine through i.e. cold cokes or just more coffee/tea; more dairy from similar sources and Ice cream etc), or in some cases mean you cut back... caffeine in particular can cause raging headaches as a withdrawal symptom.

Whatever the problem, hope you find some answers soon >:D<<'>

L&P

BD

thank you for yr responses. i dont think theyre cluster headches cos my uncle had those and they were worse than mine, in that the pain is unbearable and they lasted for days. he used to bang his head against the wall in an effort to stop them.

after some research i think they may be due to arthritis in my neck, as i have had them after visintg the dentist and hairdressers, where pressure has been put on my neck, from the chair at a funny angel or the sink edge.

anyhoo, am going to the docs again on thursday, had the ye test and it was fine, no problems there,