Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Just Had a Phonecall

from the LEA.

After reading my letter, our LEA lady phoned the EP. She clarified whether the EPs recommendations were what she wanted Louis' current school to put in place, or whether she thought that was what she (EP) thought Louis needed. It was the latter.

She also looked at all the other information they have recieved since the original decision was made not to assess.

Our LEA lady also spoke to her manager.

It has been decided that THEY ARE GOING AHEAD WITH STATUTORY ASSESSMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

I am getting it in writing tomorrow.

I am jumping for joy at the moment, although whether they decide to give him the statement is another matter, but it is one hurdle jumped!!!!

Louis is also going to EOTAS unit every morning now rather than in a few weeks time when the Exclusion has been formally agreed by the Governors.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thats fantastic, were all here to help with the parental evidence :devil: , I feel really hopeful for you on this, the fact that the decision did,nt go to a panel meeting is good.Suzex.

It did Suze. That is why it was rejected in the first place. after speaking to our LEA lady (who wasn't in on the decision as she was on maternity leave, and just came back the day I phoned to find out what I needed to do), she advised me to write a letter detailing what support the school have given and for how long.

It was this letter she recieved yesterday, and read today :wallbash: , got onto the EP, and her manager, and they have decided to do the assessment! Am soooo glad that I didn't have to go through the formal appeal process!

Edited by fiorelli

That is fantastic news!

Glad to see that they do sometimes do the right thing - even if it is just beginning with saying yes for the statutory assessment (may it long continue for you!) B)

Yeehaw!!!!! :dance: