Sign in to follow this  
helenl53

The Saddos have left the Building

They're back, but not for good.

(joke stolen from ITV1 guy)

Edited by Teaorcoffee

It made me sad - I love Robbie - cheeky chappie - but I think he is a tragic figure and it came across in the docu.

Considering the drugs and drink that Robbie was in to - he has worn pretty well compared to the others. They all looked a bit peaky!

Bit knackered tonite so off to bed.

Could someone turn the light off - ta

HelenL

Annie

I Genuinely saw them by Accident!

It was at the Aintree fair outside Liverpool before they got famous, I think it was one of the May Bank Holidays in 1992 ( I think they had had one minor hit single) , they were part of the afternoons entertainment and only played about a few songs to a couple of hundred excited shoolgirls. The sounded like they were about half a note flat. I certainly got no inkling of what was to come!

Simon

I have to buy my Mother a PC sometime soon. She watches all of the programmes that you guys watch :o She must be the oldest swinger in town ;) In truth she now watches all of the things on TV that my Dad would never approve off. Boy Bands ha :shame:

I caught the end of the programme at my Mum's and I have to say that from what I saw Robbie may have been the star but he was not the winner :(

Carole

PS I'm a Celeb begins this Sunday I think? Mother is already gearing up for that one :lol:

Annie

I Genuinely saw them by Accident!

It was at the Aintree fair outside Liverpool before they got famous, I think it was one of the May Bank Holidays in 1992 ( I think they had had one minor hit single) , they were part of the afternoons entertainment and only played about a few songs to a couple of hundred excited shoolgirls. The sounded like they were about half a note flat. I certainly got no inkling of what was to come!

Simon

me too!!

well not there but in a random under 18's night before they were famous, hmmm lemme think musta been about 1991 ish??

they were dressed in some silly random leather gear :lol:

how sad! i think this is the first time i ever actually admitted to seeing them live LOL

have to say i wasnt watching the tv thing tho, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally not my thing :shame:

I have seen West Life and I am proud to say so :o They were BRILLIANT I had never seen a live act for years (years ago I was Free person) but since then I have seen quite a few bands with my eldest and his mates at the Arena - hm and I just said that my Mum was the oldest swinger in town :lol:

Carole

Well I'm an old swinger as well, I make a hobby out of going to see as many live acts as I can and much prefer the young ones, :D I think its all to do with making up for being married at 18 and the mother of 5 by the time I was 33.

So far this year I've seen Craig David, Ronan Keating, Blue (that's twice now) Destinys child, Phil Collins and Tom Jones, Toms an annual pilgrimage, he looks

very orange nowadays :wacko: and has given up on the sexy dancing :(

but his voice is still out of this world.

I go to these concerts and feel rejuvinated, I know that at nearly 50 I'm old enough to know better but I don't care. I really don't :devil: I take one or two of the kids with me as a cover :D:D:D but the truth is their street cred is ruined because of the concerts I take them to :D:D:D

I am desperate to see >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Robbie Williams >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

and just hope that when I do, and I will one day, that I'm still up to shaking it about and at least have the spirit in me to still want to rush the stage.

Is it possible to get a 'lecherous smilie'

lecherous smiley,lol!!

ive seen westlife they were brill,i would love to see will young but apparently his shows are boring someone told me yesterday :o i wouldnt be bored,i love will young,i also love robbie,i wonder why he didnt go to the reunion,i thought he was going to be there,oh well ive got to go and have a boogie to my will young cd now :lol:

I used to work at a supermarket near to where robbie lived about 12 years ago and he came in to buy some ciggies,I heard everyone getting excited and saying robbie williams is here,although I was 21 at the time the only williams I knew was robin williams (Mork!!) so when he came to be served he made some crackpot remark and I gave him the dirty look from hell as if to say "Just who the hell do you think you are !!"

Next time he came in to be served i had found out who he was and was shaking like a leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just soooooooooooooooooooooo shallow!! :D

Made me sad last night it would have been the perfect opp' to let by gones be by gones and I felt Robbie let himself down a bit by not going. :tearful:

Was quite taken with the programme last night and it actualy made me like them a lot more than I did. I was a hudge fan of East 17 back then and it wasn't cool to like Take that cause east 17 where more my sort of thing.

Have to say don't go to many concerts but did go to recent Queen with Paul Rodgers it was fantastic!!!

Bit of an old rocker in a young person body have to say well old before my time not into the new stuff it's far too much about looks and not voices.

Like Queen, Rainbow,Tina turner , Brian Mays solo stuff, Journey.

Best concert ever for me has to be Tina's last tour in Cardiff had to travel from Rotherham down there cause we where going to be away when she was doing the Sheff arena.It was a long day and we queued for 5 hours just to get to the front in the rain.It was fantasic best concert ever!!!!

Lisa x

Will Young's shows boring :o No way Hev don't believe it. I took Terry to see him live for a Birthday presant :devil: he was FANtastic :thumbs:

Terry loved him to :thumbs:

Carole

Best concert ever for me was the late great KirstyMacColl who just stood on the stage without lights and fireworks and did what only she could do - better than eanyone else. :tearful:

I have seen Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and the guy from Stiltskin - but Kirsty was one of the most unasuming and enoyable. :tearful:

Also saw AC/DC twice!

Bowie was my love when I was a girl, so much so that I got 5 Diamond Dog albums for my 21st. He is still good but a bit too poncie and laid back for me now.

HelenL

I was really looking forward to hear take thats stories but i went ionto work and i forgot to set the vc im sure it will be repeated on itv 2 in the next week or so i ll have to watch out for it. lynn

[Robbie Williams has as much sex appeal as Kermit the Frog. ]

and we all know what happens to frogs when you kiss them ;)

Good answer.

I haven't got the slightest intention of kissing Robbie Willimas though! :sick:

Simon

Watched with great interest last night , as Nidge(their manager) was someone I knew back then through work.Met the guys too as I was a make-up artist/stylist back then :rolleyes: ( .Must say on first impressions I thought they were all :whistle: , you know.) Must say I thought Robbie was a bit of a jerk,the other boys seemed genuinely upset he did,nt turn up.Maybe too much water under the bridge and all that.

I have to admit to watching it too - have a totally un-adult crush on Robbie :wub:

Makes my toes wiggle ...... :D ..... :wub:

Though not as crazy as that fan who said she points to the t.v and tells her 3 year old, 'that's daddy!' ....... :o ....... Someones spent toooooo long in crazy town! :lol:

Last night was the first evening that i did'nt come on, to busy watching the Take That docu. Sorry i'm one of those saddo's, i just love Robbie. It was sad that he did'nt meet up with the rest of them, but i can understand why. I was just glued to that tv :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I luv Robbie :wub:

Saddo NIkrix x

One of them went to the college I go to now,apparently. :(

I hated their music and everything about them,their singles had less talent than Timmy Mallet's Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini ever did.

Edited by TuX

come on leave timmy mallet alone!i had that song on 12 inch and i played it ALL the time,i am definately leader of the saddo club :lol::lol:

Ye what wrong with Timmy Mallet I was a saddo too had that record god I sound old record ya can't buy the lastest stuff on them anymore!!! LOL

Lisa x

[Robbie Williams has as much sex appeal as Kermit the Frog. ]

and we all know what happens to frogs when you kiss them ;)

Good answer.

I haven't got the slightest intention of kissing Robbie Willimas though! :sick:

Simon

Kissing Robbie Williams??!!!!

NOOOOOOO!

:o:o:o:o

That's the stuff nightmares are made of :ph34r:

K :devil:

i loved that joe dolce song!what about renee and renatas song save your love?thats one of my faves,god i am sad! :rolleyes:

Hey come on dont get on to the sad song saga this post could go on for ever lol .Well i ll chuck my pennys worth in AGADOO agh. Wemay mock but these songs made small fortunetalking of saddos has anyone evr watched them one hit wonder programs they sometimes they have on channnel f4 that goes on for about 3 hours? lynn

Whenever there is a programme of worst TV moments, Joe Dolce seems to crop up. TOTP - crowd dancing around him, hat on his head (from memory).

Renee and Renata - I remember the rose being thrown up onto the balacony and the continuity looking really bad.

But the two acts are certainly more memorable than some of the plastic pop that has been around (I sound like my mother)

Talking of plastic, who remembers Plastic Bertrand