Sign in to follow this  
Viper

OT Anyone remember Donald Sinden?

Hi,

Anyone out there remember him? He is now a Sir, he lives qiute near me and we saw him in our little town today, window shopping. I heard his voice and knew who it was straight away, he has such a rich british accent you could not mistake it. He was in Doctor in the house and did a lot of Shakespear plays and films.

My kids all said "who" when I told them, there must be at least one of you out there who remembers him. Baddad?

Viper.

Edited by Viper

i remember him but thought he would be dead by now :unsure: when me and my sister were on a flight back from new york bill beaumont was on our flight,whenever we tell people they just say "who?" lol :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one who is old enough to remember him :lol:

I think he was in a series called "Never the twain" too. He played an antiques dealer I think?

Viper.

He's still alive, IMDb says he was born in 1923 so he's an old antique himself :lol:

OMG - Yes I remember him, I loved Twos Company and Never the Twain ( I know I've always been a bit sad :lol: ). Windsor Davies was in Never the Twain with him (is he still alive?) and my sister and I still laugh now about the fact that at the end of each episode the announcer would say "Donald Sinden is currently appearing in When did you Last See Your Trousers.." for some reason this still makes us laugh :lol:Witsend

PS Viper did you try and get his autograph or were you to starstruck? :lol:

Edited by witsend

Witsend, Me star struck, I see stars all the time, usually when Ben smacks me over the head with his best car during a meltdown. :lol::wacko::hypno:

No I didn't get his autograph. :(

Viper.

Well shame on you Viper :lol: when I met Stuart Hall (It's a knockout - remember him??) years ago my mum forced me to go over and get his autograph - I still cringe now when I think of it but hey it's my one and only claim to fame (except for once holding Marc Almonds hand during a concert in bristol circa 1989 :lol: )

Luv Witsend.

yes I do, he does have a very distinctive voice. I didnt know he was still alive!

I remember Donald Sinden (but never met him) and while we're on the subject of name dropping I have also met Princess Diana and the Duke of Edinburgh - not at the same time of course :lol:

Also: Ian Gillan, Keith Chegwin, Tim Healy ........ I used to be a journalist. Although Keithy baby was when I was a teen :wub: