Sign in to follow this  
jen

LSA

The LSA teaching support assistance and catering staff are all on strike on Tuesday. Is this happening all over England or just in my area.

Jen

Because there is no provision I will be keeping my son at home. Not only do they not have the LSA TA the canteen is shut and they all have to take in sandwichs and eat them in the classroom. Too much confusion for my son.

Jen

Nope, it's happening here in Wales too.

Got a letter from school today saying that some Union staff members are striking and for health and safety reasons, the school will be closed on Tuesday due to staff shortage! :blink:

We had a letter this morning re the strike, but it mentioned that ONLY the canteen staff would be affected and foods on offer would be limited. It did not mention anyone else. I am now going to find out though, there is no way son can be in school without his LSA.

It's happening all over the country. My hubbs is on strike too, it's about pensions.

For some reason my twins school is closed, my eldest son's school is closed but my 13 year old's school is open so he's MIGHTY MIFFED and refusing to go in anyway!

it is country wide but not all schools will close

i'm out as are all ta's but the school is still open.

we only have one child who has 1:1 support and his ta is not in the union so will still be in school to support.

it will disrupt G's day and he will have to take packed lunch so i know i will pay for it tuesday night but i do feel strongly that it has to be done

Edited by jools

The strike is affecting Gateshead too but we won't know until Monday whether or not J's school is closed on Tuesday, although some schools have already made the decision to close. I think it's down to the individual school. Our leisure centre (local authority) is also closed on Tuesday.

KAren

x

Hi Karen,

I work in a special school in Gateshead. We will be closed tho teachers will be in. Our letters went out to parents on Wednesday. Your right about leisure centres, also libraries and the Metro system :o

I dont like striking but I think in this case its necessary.

SV

There's an official announcement on our county website (Hertfordshire) that the strike will happen and that some schools and services will be affected, but no further details yet.