Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

He asked for bolognaise sauce!

Now I know if I said this to the parents of NT children they would just wonder what all the fuss was about but I would just like to share with you all that Martin ASKED FOR BOLOGNAISE SAUCE on his spaghetti! :dance:

I was dishing out the spag bol to the family (Martin has always had spaghetti with grated cheese because apart from tomato ketchup he won't even look at tomato) and Martin said - he did he said - next time we have this can I try just a little of the bolognaise sauce! :D

My heart leapt for joy! :D:D:D

That's wonderful news - I'm really pleased for you. Just out of interest is not being keen to try new foods and having a problem with certain types of food a typical AS symptom? I was very fussy as a kid and still have a lot of food 'rules'. I have a phobia about baked beans and runny egg, and have very strict rules about tomatoes and fruit.

DPF - so pleased for you - I know my daughter only recently started eating this - although it has to be just a little bit of sauce with 'no bits'. It's great when they start eating something new.

qthewingedserpent - yes I think it's quite common looking at many of the posts I've seen on the forum and going by my own experience with my daughter - texture, taste and smells (of foods) have a terrible bearing on their eating.

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

:D:D:D:D

Brilliant stuff.Its the tiny little things that parents with only Nt kids dont understand that make all the difference.

My son actualyy touched a paper napkin on monday when we were out :D I was gobsmaked first time hes done this in the whole of his life :D coz of his toilet paper phobia saga thing.

Excellent! My ds is the same will only eat pasta with grated chese and tomato sauce, but recently he will try a little bolgenase- in a seperate dish of course! He now declares it his favorite meal! When on holiday he even treid some different sauces ON THE SAME PLATE! A huge leap forward for us and yourselves- congratulations! :D:D

That's brilliant :)

Great to hear your good news :D I can fully understand where you are coming from with this one, and i also would be jumping for joy if our dd tried something "new" :D

Had to laugh at this. We live in a different world don't we ?.

If I went to work tomorrow and said "guess what, Ashleigh actually asked for bolognaise sauce on her spaghetti" they would all look at me like I had gone mad. Yet with us it means the world.

Congratulations. :D

All Ashleigh ever wants to eat is toast with butter. Yet when she goes to her grandmas she will eat other things. Ashleigh tells me that she doesn't like my ccoking. The thing is that she tells me this when all I have made her is a jam sandwich. :lol:

:dance::dance: Daisy :dance::dance:

I too had a chuckle at this thread, my son has never liked tomato ketchup,

he wouldn't even look at it, then a few weeks back he said "can I have ketchup with my

chips"? I gave it to him and he has been eating it since :D

I also remember a time when he would scream the place down if any different items of

food were touching eachother on his plate, he doesn't care now. :blink:

Brook :D

Daisy :thumbs::thumbs:

Great stuff..... it's funny the things that make us lot pleased.... you've got all these parents of NT kids cheering and harping on about trophies, awards, medals, OBEs :huh: etc... and here's us lot jumping with excitement when our guys are hinting at the possiblity they might try a new food :lol:

:thumbs:

Lauren X

I can remember the day when some ASD children were at a party.My friend's son was there and the party boy's Mother brought Pizza to the table.My friend said 'if M eats that pizza,I'll run a marathon!!'

Lo and behold,M ate the pizza (and has done ever since).We're still waiting for M's Mum to run a marathon,though!!xx

thats brilliant!! M is very similiar, he often will have just spagetti/pasta wth just grated cheese on top, he hates sauce on anything, though he will eat bolognaise :)

Brilliant news my son eatss his pasta plain to so thats great progress!!!! :dance:

Mine too! Three pieces each of yellow, green and red and there's hell to pay if I get the numbers wrong.

I fantasise about having him eat some form or sauce or soup. You can hide a multitude of 'good' foods in them if you're good at it.

Well done Daisy, and Martin of course!

Karen

x

Yaayy Martin :dance:

It's amazing how wonderful such simple things become - at nursery my little fella eats chilli and rice?!?!?! He never touches anything even remotely like that at home - I didnt believe them and took a camera in for them to take a picture......they must think I'm completely off my trolley :blink:

Nope you aren't off your trolley, my son will only eat crisps and chocolate spread on toast :sick: even tho its vile, at my sisters house. At home he'll only have plain toast and skips are the only crisps he'll eat.