Flora

Kill me!

Well it's started.... the living room is ringing to the dulcet tones of the world cup...it's 1000 degrees outside and Luke and his friend are sitting in there with the curtains shut..... :huh: Germany and somethingorother..... GREAT BIG SIGH..... I've put my foot down... I'm not putting a bloomin flag on me car :o

We've got weeks of this....

Lauren

Edited by Lauren

Guest flutter

well i have a ................................................................................

footy free house

but i not happys cos neighbours aint on!!! i do ironing to that, so instead Dd has got charmed on

I know what you mean. I have been moaning that my hubby is working away and he now tells me he is on his way home and has miraculously got a week off. Strange that init?

England will be out first round anyway girls. :devil:

Flutter, you disgust me, you do ironing? :o you will have to stop that habit, join ironers anon straight away, I will be your suport buddy. :P

Edited by Viper

Did you here about the man who went to the opening match and was about to take his seat when he spotted an empty seat with a better view. He asked the guy next to it whether it was occupied and the guy explained that it had been meant for his wife but that she had unfortunately died, 'She was really looking forward to it. It's the first match I've been to without her in twenty five years'.

The other man offered his condolences and asked 'But couldn't you have given her ticket to another member of the family, or even a friend rather than come alone?

'No,' said the guy 'they're at the funeral.'

:lol::lol:

At the risk of getting mobbed and beaten, i hate football too, and i can't see WHY we get so excited about a game that (at international level at least) we are second rate at! we might have invented the game, but didn't we invent cricket, tennis and rugby too? and we never win those any more either :lol::lol::lol:

To hear people harping on about the one time we did win 40 ###### years ago before the rest of the world learnt to play makes my blood boil... GET OVER IT!!!!

My prediction: After the quarter finals the only British people involved will be players who transferred to european teams and/or the hairy knuckled gorillas who see the whole sorry affair as an opportunity to re-hash WW2.

Roll on the day when the yanks actually start throwing money at 'soccer' and take over EVERYTHING about it... :devil::devil::angry::angry:

Er... I'll just get me coat......... :ph34r::ph34r:

L&P

BD :o

baddad.... no need to get your coat... you're in good company here....

I detest everything about football... the yob fans, the noise, the noise, the noise.... and was even more put off a few years ago when we lived in Scotland... England were playing Germany and they were cheering the Germans on!!!! :o I knew the English aren't too popular with our Scottish neighbours but it was only then that I realised how much the Scots absolutely detest the English. I couldn't open my mouth in public for weeks without someone yelling 'FREEDOM' ... :huh:

Lauren

Guest flutter

Lauren soz for my kinfolk :crying:

the hatred is down to many things: poll tax and nuclear waste for a few,

but on the other hand lots of scots men are funny beasties any how

C ( who has been down south for over 20 years) x }I{

I agree, football is a pointless obsession. Sitting glued to the telly for days on end, not interacting with anyone - it's no way to conduct one's life. All I can say is..

Bring on the tennis!!! - Wimbledon in 2 weeks! :):):):thumbs::thumbs:

K x

Hate football, detest tennis (except when my cousin plays at Wimbledon - which he does every year :D ), like rugby :wub: (all those men playing with their funny shaped balls! :o ).......and I actually like golf too and showjumping and downhill ski-ing, but football ......... naar get sick of all this prattle about broken metatarsals and whatnot. Rugby players they can have blood pouring into their eyes and still dive into the next scrum ....... simply marvellous :wub:

Lauren soz for my kinfolk :crying:

the hatred is down to many things: poll tax and nuclear waste for a few,

but on the other hand lots of scots men are funny beasties any how

C ( who has been down south for over 20 years) x }I{

flutter thanks... :D I don't like nuclear waste or the poll tax myself, but I don't hate the Scots for it :P

Lauren >:D<<'>

Aro - not much use when they're hogging the tele :crying:

But luckily my DP is at work tonight, but he'll be in when the England match is on tomorrow :tearful:

DH got married to football before he met me. He's out along the Fulham Road somewhere, reliving his achilles injury. Better out than at home :)

What annoys me is they are so patriotic when it comes to football, but most of them have no idea when St Georges Day is or anything else important in England, but I bet most celebrate St Patricks day :unsure:

At least women are allowed not to like football. For us there seems to be some NT unwritten law that if you don't like football you're not a 'real' man...

As the Bonzo's (and Stephen Fry) put it:

Sport, Sport, Masculine Sport

Equips a young man for society

Yes, sport turns out a jolly good sort

It?s an odd boy who doesn?t like sport!

And then again there's the Tour de France, 200+ of the fittest men on the planet (fitter by far than footballers) all in multicoloured lycra, mostly filmed from behind at waist level... :whistle:

Roll on July

nemo ;)

That is very true Nemo. But the reverse can be said too. If a woman likes football she is classed as a gezzer bird. I have even heard that a woman who likes football is only saying they do to get a man.

I don't like football personally but I do think man or woman have the right to decide for themselves and not be stereotyped for their choice.

I always say that if the players were all naked they might get more woman supporters. :devil:

Edited by Viper

Guest hallyscomet

Oh I hate it too but what the heck COME ON AUSTRALIA :groupwave::devil::lol::lol::notworthy::notworthy:

We are in with a chance, all I am interested in is the results. Never really watch it but there are a lot of cars driving around with flags :hypno: not my style.

Footy has taken a dive over here too, but AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OY OY OY :P:lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

WHO SAID THAT :o:ph34r::rolleyes:

Anonymous B)

I managed to escape the footie :D David and I went for a spell of retail therapy while the other three watched the game. They tell me we won although we did not actually score a goal :wacko: Strange game this footie :lol: I am Soooooooooooooo pleased that I managed to convince David that shopping can be good for you. He came home with a couple of DVD's and I got a new blouse a handbag and that's all really :whistle: Problem is I will be bankrupt when this is all over :lol::lol:

Oracle

At the risk of being mobbed - I love football - watching the Argentina game at the moment - it's just watching all the different styles of play and the flair of some of the teams - Brazil obviously.

Although having said that I can perfectly understand anyone who doesn't like it - will hate the whole time. I hate cricket, snooker, rugby and most other sports - so can imagine if that was on non-stop for weeks it would do my head in.....

Anyway, back to it.....

Take care,

Jb

Well my satelite dish blew away last night, it was pretty windy, so it's a good job I don't need a football fix, then again I was always littlenemo's odd boy who didn't like sport. (Well that's not true really - I just liked sailing)

Funny thing was, when I was 13 I became a National Champion, the following Monday the Headmaster of our Comp got up to read the notices and at the end said he had a great sporting achievement to report, sh** thinks me, he'll embarass me in front of 1500 pupils (everybody knows that all adolescents who don't like team games are queer - well they were according to my school), I needn't have worried because Dougy Stones had been selected to run for the County. (Good old Dougy - wonder where he is now)

Ironically, I've worked in sport all my adult life as a coach and now as a development officer for sailing, I even live on a boat when I'm not at home. Today in the Marina it was gorgeous, 26 degrees, nice breeze, friendly folks around, a family I work with even popped over in their boat for coffee, can't get better than that. Here's me having to remember I get paid for this.

Perhaps they ought to give me a nice cold shower! (I think only littlenemo will get that one! :D )

cant stand footie luckily for me no other footie fans in my household couldnt stand watching grown men running around all eveing over a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not usually a footie fan but must admit that i have been caught up in the hype of it all, watched the match tonight with hubby and i shouting so loud he told me to be quiet cant hear the game :lol: he would prefer to be left in peace to watch the next few matches.... still not sure about the off side rule though...

Well my satelite dish blew away last night, it was pretty windy, so it's a good job I don't need a football fix, then again I was always littlenemo's odd boy who didn't like sport. (Well that's not true really - I just liked sailing)

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry Richt I shouldn't laugh but I just had this vision of your satellite dish sailing away. So sad am I :D