Sign in to follow this  
hev

i hate this weather

i cannot stand this heat,its too hot,I CANT STAND IT!!!! gravesend is always the hottest place in england,i dont know why,maybe god decided as i live there he would make it boiling hot,something wrong i did in an earlier life i spose!!

im also one of them whingers who moan when its cold,theres no pleasing me :crying:

Guest flutter

>:D<<'>

no cooler by the sea and i have a mountain of stuffs to do and got no ooomph to do it :(

i'm oki, spent most of the time in the paddling pool with the kids :)

not great when i have to go out in the car, Zeus had a vets appointment today & he absolutely hated being in the car....he's used to being in the front room with a fan on! probably didnt even know the sun was out lol

Cameron spent the whole journey spraying water on him :D he liked that bit lol

I'm with you on this one Hev :( I like a few warm days, but this heat is too much, and we seem to be having an unusually long spell of it don't we :( I also find the evenings tough, because we get gangs of youths hanging about till all hours, music blaring out from bbq's till all hours, house full of flies which dd is terrified of...ooohhhh...ever had one of those moments when you know its your mother talking, and its happened, you have finally turned into your parent...I think I've just had that moment :o

Im sick to death of it also. yesterday i fealt like i was going to pass out i was that bloomeing hot,id headache fealt sick and was seaing black spots in front of me eyes i was realy dizzy.I dont think i was dehydrated coz id been drinking loads of water.

Unfortunalty today im whingeing coz its raining here this morning apparently itll brighten up later.ive washing to hang out.

yer cant win.

Guest hallyscomet

All I can say is lucky you, I love it around 32 thats mild for us in Aussie :D

We have had rain all week and are predicting more rain every day until next Wednesday I love the rain but its interfering with my evening walks I like to do with my son.

I was just thinking of you the other evening here we were in the middle of winter walking around in the evening just trackys and sloppy joe no head gear or scarfs and the stars were out and its really mild, I cant imagine you being able to do that in the middle of winter. No bragging, just grateful, I hate being couped up and not being outdoors.

32 would be unbearable when you are going from one extreme to the other. What temps do you find it most of the time over there in winter, on average. Just wondering.....

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

The thing I hate most about the hot days is that they are unreliable and come at the wrong time. This week we are all flagging and panting like dogs in the shade, and next week we will be within 5 minutes of a beach and it'll probably rain. Good ol' british summer time :huh::D

Lauren

I'm the only mum in the school yard who's still pasty white, everyone else is out baking in it and I haven't been outside any more than I need to. Much too hot for me.

Ah joy, there's the rain starting.

Karen

x

Me arms,face and feet are lovely and brown. But me legs and belly and basically every where else are drip white.But the joy of the british summer is yer dont have to strip of into a skimpy bikini so yer never see the naff bits.I dont even wear a skirt ever me i hate me legs.I stick to those 3/4 lenth jeans and a tshirt teamed with wedges on yer feet so yer ankles look slimmer.

Hot weather brings me out in pimples sometimes due to sun lotion and stuff.

Ive just dried me clothes in the tumble dryer and now its cracking the pigging flags againe. Sod of sun yer too late..................................

Heck i sound a right pimpley spotty pasty mess i aint honest well not if im viewed from a distance...........

Edited by Paula

32 would be unbearable when you are going from one extreme to the other. What temps do you find it most of the time over there in winter, on average. Just wondering.....

H.

H, in winter, December/january time we can reach the heady heights of 5/6 degrees on a good day. but we are more likely to be minus 2/3. My sister in law was telling me that she went to Florida in February and they were all in the pool in swimwear while the life guards were wearing wooly hats and big coats. It was about 25 degrees. Us brits are tough mate. unless it gets hot and then we are just miserable f***ers. :lol:

Yesterday we had the hottest July day on record. 36/37 depending on where you are. It made the national news. Roads were melting and planes couldn't take off cos runways were too sticky. I don't suppose you have gritter lorries over there? They are used in winter to spray salt on the roads to melt the snow. Yesterday they sent them out to spray gravel on the roads to stop the cars sticking.

Edited by Viper

Guest hallyscomet

Oooh send some of that hot air over here please, my toes are like icecubes fffffffreezing tonight.

Have a nice day, its almost midnight here :lol::blink:

H.

I can just about cope with the weather.

What I can't cope with is the guy next door but one, who complains when its too hot, complains when its too cold ... he spends all winter waiting for the summer to come and then moans about it when it arrives.

... and why do old people moan about how hot it is, as they stand there in a sweltering post office, with fur lined boots and 3 overcoats and a pair of mittens on??

:lol::lol::lol:

Old folks also sit on boiling hot buses wearing hats and scarves and moan when yer dare to open a window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its nuts.

I always say some folks would sit in a greenhouse in a desert.

i think i must be the only one here who likes the hot weather except when i get in my car. I think i dont mind it so much as it reminds me of being on holiday and i get so sick of the cold we seem to have it all year round sometimes.

Dont like all the skinny people looking so great though makes me feel like a right pie :lol:

What I don't understand is how we're just not geared up in this country for heat, cold, rain,, leaves, whatever!!! There's always some weather crisis.

I lived in the States as a child (New England) and we used to have freezing, snowy winters, iceskating on frozen rivers and lakes etc, and then glorious, sunbaked summers on the beach. But there were snowploughs in the winter, chains on car tyres, airconditioning everywhere in the summer and everything was organised. No one ever complained.

Why can't we do it???

We cant do it coz the british goverment are useless and so are the councils that run places.We couldnt organize a ###### up in abrewry coz theres too many chiefs paper work and beurocricy to decide the simplest things like shall we grit the roads ect..........................

my mum and dad still wear cardigans in this weather,steves walking about in a massive fleece!!dont know how they do it,im so hot today but im not moaning,i promise!!any rain due though?!!

I LOVE this weather, apart from when you first get in the car...

I've even been in the garden in my bikini!! :o:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Boho :dance:

I don't mind the weather as long as I don't have to do anything. As for sitting in the garden, I have to clear up all the dog poo first but even thats better in this weather cos it dries it up makes for less :sick:

It also means I don't see the kids for hours, they go out to play. :thumbs:

I love this weather (sorry!) , probably because I grew up in the tropics. We used to get this kind of weather for months. I never remember being uncomfortably hot there though. I think it's because the buildings here aren't built to cope with the heat - carpeted floors, small windows and no air conditioning, for example. And there aren't enough outdoor swimming pools!!

I hope it rains later - I do love thunderstorms. :)

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Guest hallyscomet
I love this weather (sorry!) , probably because I grew up in the tropics. We used to get this kind of weather for months. I never remember being uncomfortably hot there though. I think it's because the buildings here aren't built to cope with the heat - carpeted floors, small windows and no air conditioning, for example. And there aren't enough outdoor swimming pools!!

I hope it rains later - I do love thunderstorms. :)

K x

Sydney is the opposite, we are set up for the heat but not the cold :lol::lol:

We have lovely airconditioning everywhere, but when you walk out of the buildings and through those big glass doors its like walking into a hot oven the heat is stifling in summer, certainly need to keep a bottle of water with you over here so you dont dehydrate, another thing that helps us cope with the heat is those drinks with the salt replacement in them, without those I think I would have a permanent migraine.

Reverse cycle airconditioning is a must over here. :)

Most of the offices and shops have them now. I guess we are lucky only have to drive 2 mins to the beach being near the coast makes it 10 degrees cooler than other inner suburbs. B)

H

H

My husband has a colleague over from the US with him at work this week, and he is staying in a swanky London hotel ... all he is doing is moaning about the lack of air conditioning we have in this country - none in hotels, on trains etc etc. I guess he just thinks the weather in London is always like this - pah!

My little neice has just moved into a newly built school.Millions have been spent on it but alas no air conditioning.Its crazey epecially with global warming this weather is getting more and more the norm all buildings especialy new ones should be built with air con.The kids were roasting in the heat wave.

And has for buses :crying::crying::crying: Windows dont open enough,heaters dont switch of its a nightmare.

I just never know what to wear in this weather. Nothing feels comfortable or you're mutton dressed as lamb.

The Sweet Young Things look great in cut downs and cropped tops, but hey I'm not 21 any more!

And you expose all those bits you'd rather not, but at least everythings having an airing.!!!!!!

my post office has no air conditioning,i came over all faint in there yesterday and then i went to the bus stop and a lady actually fainted in front of me,ambulance came she was ok in end,thunderstorms forecast for tommorrow :dance::dance: