hev

my positive thread

Guest Lya of the Nox
Just make sure you don't wear them inside out! :devil:

After a largely pants day, involving an unfortunate highlighting incident at the hairdressers :o and breaking one of my just-arrived-from-ebay spanish house number tiles :crying: , I finally found the perfect wallpaper for the chimney breast in the sitting room in the new house!! :clap: It's soooo garjuss (cream with a gold design) and will lend itself to the judicious addition of stick-on gems if I feel the need :wub::D

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/invt/210147

Boho :dance:

that the wallpaper i think meggz is having in her room

so you are both in good company

xxx

Well done with the weightloss SG :thumbs:

Just planted some bulbs in garden. Now going to have a break and a look through dd1's report which the postman just delivered. And a cuppa with some choccies :whistle: no weight loss here :lol:

Woohoo, a forum wedding! :wub:

My carpet guy :notworthy: and laminate guy :notworthy: came today & did my hall stairs & landing. They did a superb job & it looks fantastic.

After 16 years of living with the previous owners 70s swirly floral carpet :hypno:which would not wear out you can imagine why I'm so thrilled :D

Woohoo, a forum wedding! :wub:

My carpet guy :notworthy: and laminate guy :notworthy: came today & did my hall stairs & landing. They did a superb job & it looks fantastic.

After 16 years of living with the previous owners 70s swirly floral carpet :hypno:which would not wear out you can imagine why I'm so thrilled :D

Ooooh laminate flooring! We have laminate flooring in our livingroom/kitchen. There used to be half and half, the floral carpet was horrible and used to make me feel sick.

Laminate flooring is evil............evil I tell you! :lol:

One of things I loved about our house when we viewed it, was the flooring, lovely gorgeous laminate, all downstairs, and in some of the bedrooms too. :wub:

I have never cleaned so much in my life, big balls of dust, mushed up with piggie poo and sawdust, all over the place.

Every day I have to sweep, and then mop :hypno::hypno:

Never again :lol:

Although it is verrrrry clean and mark free, years later, so I suppose it lasts if nowt else. :rolleyes:

Sorry, forgot to add my positive...eldest DD 10 AS is being sworn in at Brownies tonight :wub:

She's none too impressed though, doesn't want anyone to go and watch, and finds it all abit weird that she has to say the Brownie Promise in front of everyone :lol:

I've just finished painting the sitting room ceiling :thumbs:

Just waiting with fear and trembling for it to dry to see if it needs another coat (please god, not :pray: ) :ph34r::ph34r:

Boho :dance:

I just paid my solicitor's bill. Everything associated with the divorce is now completely, 100% finished, after 14 months :groupwave:

And The Ex hasn't contacted me for around 3 weeks now :)

Laminate flooring is evil............evil I tell you! :lol:

One of things I loved about our house when we viewed it, was the flooring, lovely gorgeous laminate, all downstairs, and in some of the bedrooms too. :wub:

I have never cleaned so much in my life, big balls of dust, mushed up with piggie poo and sawdust, all over the place.

Every day I have to sweep, and then mop :hypno::hypno:

Never again :lol:

Although it is verrrrry clean and mark free, years later, so I suppose it lasts if nowt else. :rolleyes:

Tis just in the hall, cos I am so paranoid about the new living room carpet getting dirty I knew I couldnt cope with peeps muddy feet on hall carpet too. Anyhoo for next instalment visit the screaming thread .... :ph34r:

I'm cracking the whip......think it's about time my kids, epsecially eldest two, 10 & 14 pulled their weight abit more. So...today I have got them to clean their own pets out :thumbs: So far, so good :clap:

Scrap me positive.......youngest DD is so volatile today, and is threatening to run away. I've locked the door and hid the key. She keeps growling like a dog :unsure:

DS wanted to cook himself a jacket potato...so I told him to make sure he put kitchen roll underneath it. After he'd finished cooking it in the microwave, he said "Did you say put a tea towel underneath it?" :wallbash::wallbash: It's burnt :rolleyes:

He has also left his bedroom window open this morning, in the strong winds we have, and a signed M'bro picture has fallen off his window sill and smashed.

Then I went into the bathroom, and he's managed to bleach me best towels, by not washing his face properly after using his acne treatment :fight:

I've had enough....I've off to the Give Us a Hug thread.....or mebbees the Arrgghhh thread....infact b*ggar the hugs, just give me chocolate :wallbash:

Well you've given me a positive Baggy - you have told me what has been bleaching my towels/duvet covers all these years! :thumbs: I had no idea.

Monkey is poorly :(

But i've had some really snuggly snuggles from him :wub::D

.......... i'm sick of watching Star Wars................... :sick:

......but i found a great film for me at the vid place whilst getting Star Wars - to watch when / if monkey goes to sleep :clap:

(oh, and a ickle bottle of something scrummy AND nice crispies fell into my shopping basket............t'wern't me........ :whistle::unsure: )

smiley hope lil monkey feels better soon >:D<<'>

my positive is me and nick getting a chinese tonight(diet starts monday now :rolleyes: )

Ta hun >:D<<'> i've never known him to sit still for so long! :unsure:

I may have had a little glass of something with my dinner - me heads gone all fuzzy round the edges *sigh* :D

Going for another snuggle with lurgy boy :wub: - flippin' star wars - why did they have to make so many of them..........? :shame:

Oh - forgot to say (head fuzz) - i'll have chicken chop suey please me'dear :eat: yum!

Edited by smiley

im not really into chinese food so i had cheese omelette and chips and a pancake roll :D nick gets the same every time,chicken curry,egg fried rice,i cant stand curries

Took dd2 to the O2 on Fri to see Rihanna :thumbs: only bad thing was we were only a couple of rows from the back on level 4,ie almost in the roof! We were terrified and held on to our seats the whole time! :rolleyes: I'm not good with heights. David Jordan was the support act and was great :thumbs:

Took dd1 to Crufts yesterday, was a very long day and we both had separate meltdowns, but I eventually got out of mine because I knew dd1 needed me too. Dd1 loved seeing all the different dogs especially the Borzoi's which are her current favourite.

Spent yesterday gardening and got nearly all the weeds cleared and also hubby had built me a raised bed for vegetables so planted carrot, turnip,radish and pea seeds!

I thought I was getting flu, all achy last night, took today off work but felt much better so had a duvet day & watched all the property progs! :thumbs:

Still enjoying been back at the special school. Now trying to decide what to do next. Will post a seperate thread later as would appreciate advice. Various things have been suggested and not sure what is my best route now. I can see many advantages for each.

My appeal to the better nature of the food thieves seems to be working (though I don't hold out so much hope for the weekend :() - I wrote a note on it saying I'm sick, I really need this food, please, please don't take it - so far so good :pray:

Broke my personal best, set this time last year, for four mile run this morning. I hadn't managed to get anywhere near my previous pb for the last year, I must have been flying this morning!! Must be all that weight I've lost! :pray::dance:

~ Mel ~

I just backed the winner in the Cheltenham Gold Cup!

Drinks and jaffa cakes are on Pearl for the Greenwich Meet! :lol::cheers::eat::wine::eat1::party::drunk::partytime:

10 days later, and my dad's out of hospital...until the next time something on his knackered old body breaks down.

:unsure:

G made him a Monty Python cake with " I'm Not Dead Yet " written on it as a belated birthday celebration.

He was too exhausted to laugh, but he did grin a bit. :D

10 days later, and my dad's out of hospital

:unsure:

Glad he's a bit better Bard :)>:D<<'>

Now what's this about cake and hospitals? :eat: Where's mine? Lisa??? :unsure::shame:

Mumble >:D<<'> Hmmmm....cake....now lets fink....was there a bakers open at the time?? - nope :whistle: was there any chance of you stopping there if you didn't have to until one opened...ermmm nope! :):whistle:

I'll gladly post you one though if you feel like you've missed out on some food now you've got your appetite back ;)

Glad you dads doing okay now Bard >:D<<'>

Pearl - well done! :thumbs:

Oxgirl - well done you for the run - I couldn't even walk that far!! :thumbs: