hev

my positive thread

Katie's doing tap - Hev's doing doolally-tap! Nice to hear of families doing stuff together...

Ben's doing flip-flop... it's like hip hop only more laid back...

I'm doing plip plop - must remember to eat more fibre ;)

Have you been on the red again, BD?? :shame::lol:

Boho :dance:

Acherly - no:

I decided about three weeks ago not to drink at all in the week as it was getting a bit too ingrained as a lifestyle choice (I also thought it might help with the battle of the bulge, but sadly not having much effect yet - wine vs slowing metabolism :()

:D

I decided about three weeks ago not to drink at all in the week as it was getting a bit too ingrained as a lifestyle choice (I also thought it might help with the battle of the bulge, but sadly not having much effect yet - wine vs slowing metabolism :()

I've decided to stop only drinking at weekends, and adopt mid-week drinking as a lifestyle choice :devil:

Boho :clap:

sleeping at mums tonight with katie,i feel all cosy here :wub: plus my mums got a new pc and its so much faster than mine

I've decided to stop only drinking at weekends, and adopt mid-week drinking as a lifestyle choice :devil:

Boho :clap:

Mid week drinking is mandatory for me. I only drink after 5 pm though.

It's always after 5 pm though, if you think about it... :unsure::devil:

K x

Just been shopping and got myself a pair of jeans and a top. They were 2 sizes smaller than normal so I thought I would put them away to 'shrink into'. Tried them on when I got home and guess what.......... They fit perfectly!!!! I'm so chuffed! :thumbs:

Wow - looby and Baggy! :notworthy::notworthy:

Inpsiration for me :) . The torutre has been moved, friend wants to go to a different one - coz of the times or summit. New day of torture is next thurs morning.... :unsure:

dd HAS JUST USED MY HAIR STRAIGHTNERS FOR FIRST TIME! She looks fab, I have never seen her take an interest in the way she looks before, she says all the other girls do it each morning. At last some personal grooming YIPPIE

Harmony

DH has taken the girlies away for 3 days in the caravan B) I have lots of treats lined up.....DLA renewal form, 2 weeks worth of ironing, trying to drag DS out of his room, revamping our bedroom, glossing all the door frames in the house.....oh, it's fun, fun, fun here :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it'll be nice to spend some one to one time with DS, and good that I've have some time to crack on with thing which have been neglected over the hols.

I was really excited about them going......they only left at 8.30 am, and I'm kinda missing them already :rolleyes:

Jay has been on a three-day animation workshop, finishes today. It's been really good and he's really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how he'd cope with the long days, 10a.m.-3p.m., thought he might have had enough by lunchtime, but he's coped great. They've made wire and plasticine models and have been using them to make a little film and will get to bring the model home along with a copy of the film on cd. Can't wait to see it. There were only 10 kids on it, so a really good number, all the others NT, and it's been very good for him. And all that for just �10. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

My tumble drier wasn't working properly and I thought I was going to have to use my 5 years guarantee thingy and call an engineer but I couldn't be bothered to ring and wait for appointments etc. I took it to bits and cleared all the soggy gunky lint stuff out of the condenser, and now it's working like a brand new drier.

Do you think I need to get out more??? What a sad 'postive' :lol:

Flo'

My positive -Ben and I had a fit of the giggles when shopping this arvo... I hadn't got around to having any lunch and had to buy a sandwich- Ben picked one up and said ' try a "Blerhhhhhhhhhhhht" (BLT) , probably you had to be there, but he actually meant it as a joke which is a double + (he's really starting to get humour these days - :thumbs: )... we both got very silly and giggly and embarrassed ourselves but it was cool (ben typed "cool" - he's standing behind me now, feeling a bit cocky about his joke, so i will sign off now and beat him unconscious as it is his bedtime.)

*Breathes HUGE sigh of relief*

My files are OK on the college 'puters'. :dance::groupwave: Still means my laptop's knackered, but that's fixable, I haven't lost 4 years of work which I was fearing yesterday. :D :D

My tumble drier wasn't working properly and I thought I was going to have to use my 5 years guarantee thingy and call an engineer but I couldn't be bothered to ring and wait for appointments etc. I took it to bits and cleared all the soggy gunky lint stuff out of the condenser, and now it's working like a brand new drier.

Do you think I need to get out more??? What a sad 'postive' :lol:

Flo'

flo that is a brilliant poitive,i would be so proud of myself if i done that.

i know who to call on now if mine breaks down ;)

My positive -Ben and I had a fit of the giggles when shopping this arvo... I hadn't got around to having any lunch and had to buy a sandwich- Ben picked one up and said ' try a "Blerhhhhhhhhhhhht" (BLT) , probably you had to be there, but he actually meant it as a joke which is a double + (he's really starting to get humour these days - :thumbs: )... we both got very silly and giggly and embarrassed ourselves but it was cool (ben typed "cool" - he's standing behind me now, feeling a bit cocky about his joke, so i will sign off now and beat him unconscious as it is his bedtime.)

bd i know what you mean,me and steve laugh for ages at the silliest things which no one else finds funny but we think is hilarious :lol: we have a very similar sense of humour and just know what the other one is thinking and we are both trying not to laugh

I went swimming in the River Wear today...

Also things have slowly been getting more settled at school after a shaky start after the holiday. Also got to go to a media event this afternoon with school.

Also yesterday applied for a mountain leadership log book as have decided I'd like the qualification. Had been thinking about doing it for a while. Will mean I'll need to do a lot of walking. 40 days in total.

... the swimming was because I decided to join local kayak club. I managed to capsize. Oops!!!

*Breathes HUGE sigh of relief*

My files are OK on the college 'puters'. :dance::groupwave: Still means my laptop's knackered, but that's fixable, I haven't lost 4 years of work which I was fearing yesterday. :D :D

Great news Mumble :thumbs: - I must say when you posted about this the other day I thought you were remarkably calm under the circumstances! I get upset if I lose half an hour's work, let alone four years... :unsure:

K x

I'm on leave this week so have time to do stuff I dont normally have time for ....

like SHOPPING!!!!!!! :thumbs:

I bought bras that fit :thumbs:

New summer tops :thumbs:

Priddy satin ballet pumps :thumbs:

Nice new skin stuff & makeup :thumbs:

And I know its shallow but new stuff doesnt half lift the spirits :thumbs:

i could lose entire jaffa cakes in mine :whistle:

Show off :lol:

Went shopping AGAIN today :thumbs:

Bought posh oblong M&S jaffa cakes :eat:

And bought mr p some socks :ph34r: why cant men do their own shopping? I wouldnt expect him to buy my tights for me! :rolleyes:

I'm on leave this week so have time to do stuff I dont normally have time for ....

like SHOPPING!!!!!!! :thumbs:

I bought bras that fit :thumbs:

New summer tops :thumbs:

Priddy satin ballet pumps :thumbs:

Nice new skin stuff & makeup :thumbs:

And I know its shallow but new stuff doesnt half lift the spirits :thumbs:

bras that fit,i am impressed :thumbs: my size changes whenever i go into be fitted :rolleyes:

my positive today,its friday and me and nick have bet on the racing so we going to watch that later :thumbs:

My laptop's almost mended :D I went in search of my own techi guys with offerings of choccie biccies :eat::ph34r:

I've found somewhere quiet to work in college

I sucked up to the librarian and got a book that was on hold :whistle:

I made some friends in college and went for coffee with them :eat::gather::)

I've made some decisions about what I want out of life and how I'm going to achieve it :) I'm refusing to accept second best. :fight:

I've ditched all the useless people in my life :thumbs: and really feel like a great weight has lifted off my shoulders :thumbs:

I went to the docs and a)coped without having things in writing, b)got him to understand me and provide support I'm happy with and, c)told the receptionist (politely) to bog off when she told me I had to use a telephone and ring them in a week ...

I had my paper accepted for a major conference (just the small matter of actually presenting it now... :unsure:)

I've written the equivalent of a whole chapter this week - nearly 13,000 words.

In exactly two weeks time I'll be in a pub somewhere very North celebrating my birthday and preparing for my ickle mountain climb :D - really really excited :)

Hmm, maybe my laptop should die more often, it's been a pretty productive week ... :unsure:

Mumble,

Can't add much to that except :thumbs::thumbs:

Long may the good stuff continue!

K x

Edited by Kathryn