hev

my positive thread

Aye, but what I didn't mention was that the chocolate stains around my knees are awful :ph34r:

:lol::notworthy:

I sucked up to the librarian and got a book that was on hold

You never suck up to me, whats she got that I havent? Oh thats right, a book you wanted :lol:

Go Mumble go, you are doing great! :thumbs:

Brilliant Mumble! :notworthy::notworthy::clap::clap:

I'm a bit :dance: a bit :unsure: and a bit :clap:

Going away for the weekend - to a nice hotel - for a training thing, so not all that exciting! But, someone else will cook :clap: somone else will make me a cuppa :dance: and i have a whole nights sleep waiting for me :thumbs:

Still a bit :unsure: though.......

Glad to hear things are going well Mumble. :D

Thanks for reminding me how long I've got again. :rolleyes: My practice walk this weekend never left the ground as I was sick numerous times yesterday and had the runs too. One of my students probably gave it to me, as they were ill on Friday. A positive for today is that it seems to have just been a 1 day (or 24 hour) bug as I feel a lot better.

So what do you want for your Birthday?

Another positive is that I've been asked if I'll be a group leader on my old churches (I've not been for ages but my dad is a regular) activity weekend. It means I'll get to go kayaking, cycling, walking, etc...

Hopefully with all this increased activity my fitness levels should start to go up too. :)

Thanks for reminding me how long I've got again. :rolleyes: My practice walk this weekend never left the ground

Yippee! You definitely coming? You doing the whole weekend or just the day?

I've been practising getting stuck in mud and being a chicken... Oh well, I guess I could fly up the mountain :unsure::lol: What do you mean chickens don't fly, haven't you watched Chicken Run... :lol: :lol:

So what do you want for your Birthday?

Good weather, good company and a mountain :D:lol: A certain rhino seems to think it's going to be all doom, gloom and thunder storms that weekend - I personally just think she's jealous she's not coming with us :P:lol: :lol:

I finally start my new job a week tomorrow! :thumbs: Some more money coming in at last! Plus I've lost another 4lbs bring the total to 3stone 11lbs! :thumbs:

We are refurbing our bedroom, & my gawjuss sparkly mini chandelier arrived today!

It needed assembling, there were loads of separate metal bits plus 27 crystals, all wrapped individually & with the hook poking through the plastic so each bit had to be cut off separately :hypno:

So I did that bit & mr p did the assembly bit, now I know I have complained about his diy skills, lack of, but he is really good at this kind of thing & it is now up & twinkling beautifully!

Take a look, its second on the left

twinklysparklystuff

I'm down for the whole weekend. Got dad to pay the basic amount as won't collect money from others till afterwards. Which reminds me I still need to ask primary staff if they'll sponsor me. I'm looking forward to it but not sure exactly how fit I am. Kayaking certainly made my back ache last week, still going this week though.

Edit: Forgot to add have also used it as an excuse to upgrade my waterproof jacket, trousers, fleece and rucksack. Decided it was worthwhile as I also want to do mountain leadership

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I'm down for the whole weekend.

Great :thumbs:

have also used it as an excuse to upgrade my waterproof jacket, trousers, fleece and rucksack.

I've been searching for a new fleece for 6 months now and I can't find one with the right 'feel' in the right colour and the right size and the right shape so I think I'll be taking my old one, even though it's heavy. I'm also taking a dog-proof 6-foot fence to wear all around me as I can't get a guarantee of the room being dog free :( I do however have poles with deadly spikes so I may be kebabing any dog that comes too close :whistle:

I made a great discovery today.

You can use brown mascara to cover up the scuffs in your favourite pair of brown leather F***h kitten heels :thumbs:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh preddy sparklies Pearl :hypno::clap:

I got to go and shout at lots of 'Head of this, that, and the other' bods today, damn silly of them to ask my opinion really..... - :dance: - and got to do a bita networking (how bleugh does that sound! :sick::lol: ).

Monkey came out of school smiling :D

I'm tired - but a happy tired. :)

Networking is good :thumbs: posey word yes but no other way to describe it. I'm networking on Fri at my transitions conference. And if one is naturally gobby, one might as well use that talent to good advantage, I do it all the time :thumbs:

Oooooh, I'm on such a high today :clap:

Fired-up Aspie moment at work over Klimt paintings :dance:

Being taught Reiki :clap:

Found someone else who is into Omar Khayyam for the first time ever :bounce:

Boho :thumbs:

And althought i'm working a fifth night tonight ( :crying: ), I don't have to start until 2200 :thumbs:

Edited by bid

You can use brown mascara to cover up the scuffs in your favourite pair of brown leather F***h kitten heels :thumbs:

I hope it's waterproof mascara given the weather :lol:

I don't have to start until 2200 :thumbs:

Cor, that's a holiday and a half - how old will you be then? 233? :whistle::P

I don't have a positive so I'm making fun of others :)

Found someone else who is into Omar Khayyam for the first time ever

Awake! For morning in the bowl of night

Has flung the stone that puts the stars to flight

:thumbs: I didnt google, honnist!

I hope it's waterproof mascara given the weather

but of course *flutters eyelashes* I don't do smudged B)

Edited by pearl

Yay, I've finished work for the week. :)

Long weekend and my first day back is a non teaching day. So I can relax till Wednesday.

:dance:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Found someone else who is into Omar Khayyam for the first time ever :bounce:

Awake! For morning in the bowl of night

Has flung the stone that puts the stars to flight

Here with a loaf of bread beneath the bough,

A flask of wine, a book of verse and thou

Beside me singing in the wilderness-

And wilderness is Paradise enow.

See, you never asked us! Got given my copy by OH in 1983 because I loved it so much.

I love Klimt too.

Did you notice my huuuge Klimt canvas?? :wub:

Boho :dance:

That would make a good chat up line: would you like to come home with me & see my Klimt? :lol:

Sorry, I'll get me coat ... :ph34r:

My pos: All day conference in sunny Blackpool today on Transition. Awesome. Will post tomo as I'm bushed.

Night night all xx

We are going out tonight!! Mum and Dad are hving the girls for the night and we are off to a friends birthday party! And it's in a pub! Woo hoo!!! Bought myself some new clothes specially ( better buy my mate a burfday prezzie too :whistle: )

Positives for yesterday:

My T-Shirts have arrived from NAS for Hike the Pike (not quite sure why I need 2 however unless they expect us to wear the same on saturday & sunday).

Managed to wear me and mum out completely on a 4 mile walk... (now worrying about HtP) ...however it did have the toughest scramble I've ever done on it. According to the guide I'd used it was a grade 1. I would agree the bottom was, I'm sure the top wasn't but that might just be we ended off the best route. It's interesting when you have to climb using grass and heather as handholds. Managed it though and got some lovely views. (Which reminds me have photos to post still from the holiday will add some from yesterday too when I get round to it.)

Had a nice evening out at The Sage, Gateshead where we went to see the Northern Symphonia. Mum was worried we wouldn't get back in time from the walk (as it took longer than expected due to the difficulty level. Might also teach me not to switch to the West side of the Pennines and almost get into the Lakes when have other plans but I doubt it). They were very good but in the future I think I'd rather avoid the front row as the view isn't great. Though been able to see the facial expressions was interesting. The conductor was also a very good pianist.

One positive for today:

I can still move and suprisingly haven't seised up. I thought I was going to have fun and games today. The scramble really wore me out as it kept going and going. I do like scrambling though. The waterfalls (lets guess you all knew they'd exist right) were wonderful too. It's a place to go back to but next time we'll stick with the easier route I think.

My T-Shirts have arrived from NAS for Hike the Pike (not quite sure why I need 2 however unless they expect us to wear the same on saturday & sunday).

Ha ha, I got two too - I thought maybe they read 'autistic' on my application and thought I was bound to spill my food down my front ... :lol:

Have you worked out their contradiction yet? They send us a letter telling us not to wear cotton - and then they send us 100% cotton T-Shirts :wacko:

I'm sure the top wasn't but that might just be we ended off the best route. It's interesting when you have to climb using grass and heather as handholds.

Erm, remind me not to follow you up the Pike - hmm, actually on second thoughts, maybe I will, the climb up the other side looks far more interesting than the route we're taking :) We'll just have mountain rescue on stand-by.

The conductor was also a very good pianist.

How does that work - plays a bit, waves his baton a bit, plays a bit more ... Brings a new meaning to 'duet' :lol:

How does that work - plays a bit, waves his baton a bit, plays a bit more ... Brings a new meaning to 'duet' :lol:

More or less. I was a bit suprised too. He went from vigarously playing the piano to vigarously waving around his arms. He also must have seen someone dozing in the crowd (further down the front row) as he threw his baton at them. Took me a long while to work out what had happened and why half the audience and orchestra were trying to supress laughter. (It slipped out of his hand by mistake, mum happened to be watching when it happened). I was personally watching the lead violin at the time. The conductors facial expressions were also very interesting.

Have you worked out their contradiction yet? They send us a letter telling us not to wear cotton - and then they send us 100% cotton T-Shirts.

No had missed that one. I've always worn cotton when walking in the past. It drys fairly quickly and is still fairly warm when wet. For a long time I've always used tracksuit bottoms when walking. I just have a good pair of overtrousers if I need them. That said I have just got a new top which is designed to pump moisture away from your body so was wondering about wearing that. Problem is there would be no point wearing it if directly above it is a cotton t-shirt. Hence if I do I won't be wearing anything that says NAS on it. I hope the weather is as nice as we had yesterday. We could see right out to the coast when up on top and I caught the sun. Hopefully my legs won't feel as much like jelly though. The walk back down yesterday was interesting. One slope I decided just to sit down on a let myself slide down, fun and saved the legs. :D

Erm, remind me not to follow you up the Pike - hmm, actually on second thoughts, maybe I will, the climb up the other side looks far more interesting than the route we're taking We'll just have mountain rescue on stand-by.

I don't plan on trying an ascent as challenging as yesterdays next weekend. Even if such an ascent is far more interesting and makes the climb less labourous. I must admit I'd rather have a more interesting route up. I'd have gone upto Scafell and then transfered across to the Pike. That is meant to be interesting. A bit of scrambling is good fun. Yesterday's climb was a bit close to my limit for my liking. There were one or two places I got up I'm not sure I could have got back down again. Mind you a few other places I thought that I went back and helped my mum up. Often first having deposited my rucksack. For once I didn't do my normal trick of collecting any geological samples. (Have some nice stones with quartz, etc... in the back garden that I've taken a liking to in the past when I was younger and carried across some quite long walks. One a leader even decided to help me with and later regretted it. It was full of lead and rather heavy.)

I'm going to have the same positive today as I had for Sunday. I don't ache too much after walking yesterday. Can also add to that I had a nice peaceful day at school. It is a bit more varied now as the member of staff I have been covering is now back in and working mornings this week. It was a lovely warm (too warm up at the local mainstream) day up here.

Monday:

Had a lovely walk up High Street. It took us a while longer than I would have liked (started at 11:30am and didn't get back to the vehicle till just after 8pm!) but it was good practice for the coming weekend. Hopefully the initial ascent was harder than anything that will be needed for Scafell. I was meant to be navigating but dad decided it would be good practice for me to go upto the quarry rather than follow the normal path. What followed was one of the most grulling slogs I've done up a hill for a long time. It was rather steep and there was no discernable path (other than the occasional sheep track) so I had to keep a close eye on where we were to make sure we passed through a gap between the crags. Was rather pleased when we reached the top. At one point it took us an hour to cover something like 600 yards! Argh! I'm glad to say we were a lot faster once we reached the top of that climb (upto Stony Cove Pike) and the later climbs felt a lot easier. I think this coming weekend I'll try and assure my pack is lighter. Not carrying 4l of water would help a lot. Had lovely weather early on though it was a little hot and hence perhaps a blessing when it clouded over though it spoilt the views a bit. Now just need to log it down in my mountain leadership log book. Here's some photos of the walk:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/D.../High%20Street/

I'm enjoying all the walking I'm getting to do at the moment. :D Managing a nice variety of places too. :D

Sunday:

My brother asked to come to the cinema with me. My brother very rarely will leave the house unless he has to so this was a bit of a miracle. He wanted to see Ironman. It was a very good film in my opinion and I'm happy to say my fav. out of the ones Marvel has done so far.

Family Fund stuff is here! :clap::dance::clap:

We have a swing....................a trampoline.................a swingball set thingy..............bedroom furniture...............LOVELY bubble lamp :hypno::wub: (Arg*s if anyone's interested....).............and loads more!

Soooooooooooooooooooo exciting! :clap::dance::D

Anyone good at flat packed furniture?? :unsure: Anyone got a screwdriver.........??? :unsure::rolleyes:

Family Fund stuff is here! :clap::dance::clap:

We have a swing....................a trampoline.................a swingball set thingy..............bedroom furniture...............LOVELY bubble lamp :hypno::wub: (Arg*s if anyone's interested....).............and loads more!

Soooooooooooooooooooo exciting! :clap::dance::D

Anyone good at flat packed furniture?? :unsure: Anyone got a screwdriver.........??? :unsure::rolleyes:

Glad someone's had a good day - Mine's been Merde! :lol::lol:

I'd be happy to lend you my daughter, who is stunningly fantastic at all sorts of complicated furniture. She's so organised that she never ends up with screws left over, or having to use brute force and glue to make stuff stick together...

Her wages are usually one roast dinner per item of furniture, I make tickets that she redeems at her leisure.

Well the table and stool I "made" ten years ago are still standing.. :lol:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Wellllllllllllllllllllll - i've built (i use the term loosely...........) the bedside cabinet and the drawers (akward ones too, with two ickle drawers at the top, n three big drawers at the bottom (- BD, don't go there.. :shame: ))

And the trampoline is together - ish.....

Wardrobe tonight :unsure:

My hand still hurts from thumping the drawers when the wooden dowling bit wouldn't fit properly...... :rolleyes:

:D

Done some serious studying today...read 3 chapters about very complex stuff :wallbash: But I've taken some of it in! :thumbs:

Well done with the furniture Smiley :thumbs: I can never put stuff together these days coz like you said the bits never fit together properly and I'm a weakling!

Good luck with the wardrobe... >:D<<'>

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I hardly want to be too positive but it looks like I have good news.

Weeks after changing our internet provider I think the service is working.

We have cable TV back....and I think the puter is doing what I ask it to.

As Ben has a broken arm it is great to have some new entertainment. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I do not need to phone a certain intenet company and listen to Liona Lewis today whilst waiting for customer care. :groupwave::bounce::bounce: Karen.