hev

my positive thread

We had a lovely day yestreday. Took the dogs and the kids for a long walk in the forest and it started to snow! Looked really pretty as it came down through the trees and started to lie around us. Felt really Christmassy even though it was Easter!!!

DH had the morning off so we went for a 33 mile bike ride this a.m. My bum is very, very sore, been a long, long time since we've been out on our bikes like that.

~ Mel ~

I've treated myself for losing some weight......and bought myself a DIY spray on tan :D

I won't repeat the horror that was my previous tanning experience, where I ended up looking like Bubbles Devere after a salon spray tan went horribly wrong :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for it to develop :unsure:

I just hope I don't over develop :unsure: Mahogany really isn't my colour :lol:

I just hope I don't over develop :unsure: Mahogany really isn't my colour :lol:

Baggy!!!!! what happened???!!! You've seriously over-developed - your hair in your avvy looks white you're so over-cooked!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay has only managed to get to one of his Youth groups so far, a month ago now. Me and DH had been soooooooooo looking forward to having a meal in a pub a few weeks ago while he was there and in the end he was too tired and stressed after school to go. Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, tonight he is okay!! I'm set to get him an early tea soon and then me and DH will drop him off and we'll go off to the pub for a meal, and it's the first time in, oh, many, many years, I can't tell you how long it's been!! Sooooooooooooo, excited. I'll be an actual, REAL person for two hours!! :bounce:

~ Mel ~

Jay has only managed to get to one of his Youth groups so far, a month ago now. Me and DH had been soooooooooo looking forward to having a meal in a pub a few weeks ago while he was there and in the end he was too tired and stressed after school to go. Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, tonight he is okay!! I'm set to get him an early tea soon and then me and DH will drop him off and we'll go off to the pub for a meal, and it's the first time in, oh, many, many years, I can't tell you how long it's been!! Sooooooooooooo, excited. I'll be an actual, REAL person for two hours!! :bounce:

~ Mel ~

Enjoy! >:D<<'> And no calorie counting tonight Mel :shame:

Guest Lya of the Nox

omg

do i need coloured glasses, coloured glass box?????? :blink::tearful:

what happened to baggggggggyyyyyyyyy

I'm sorry, the avvy made me laugh so much I had to use it :D

I'm not looking too bad, a tad blotchy when the can slipped :oops: , and certain areas are white underneath :ph34r: , but I didn't have enough hands to direct can, lift and spray :lol:

Had a fab night last night :thumbs:

Such a long time since I ventured out into pubs on a Friday night...blimey, I was worried I wouldn't make the loo in time, or find a seat :curlers:

We then went to a lovely Italian restaurant, and DH was even proposed to by a very nice lady, bent down on one knee...and nope, twas not me :lol:

He got a standing ovation :clap::clap:

Enjoy! >:D<<'> And no calorie counting tonight Mel :shame:

Thanks Baggy, we managed to get there and it was very nice. I had a lovely cottage pie and felt stuffed afterwards. :)

Glad you had a good night as well. :thumbs:>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Here's a good thing that happened for me- I got my taekwondo suit!!! :ph34r:

Me and Hong Kong Phooey, we're like THAT, I tell you.......

' By day, a mild-mannered lecturer.......'

;)

And to be honest, by night, a knackered mum on sofa, but I can dream, can't I? Tis good fun, this martial arts malarkey, but don't worry, I'm only a white belt....and judging by the mess I made of class the other night, I shall remain that way for some time to come!!! Heheh!

There's something rather humbling about being lined up with a bunch of 5 year olds that could literally beat the belt off you in a sparring match.....as one of the munchkins said, when I got the pattern wrong AGAIN, 'Dont worry, you'll get there!!'

:o

:P She patted my hand as she said it too!!! Wot larks!!

Mel, Baggy, glad you had a great meal, these things make such a difference.

SG, glad the weddings all paid up, thats fab!!

Esther x

Aw, Baggy, hope you're okay. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I ran 5.5 miles yesterday, the furthest I've been for a year. My usual is 4 miles. I'm gonna work towards doing another 10k in a few months.

~ Mel ~

Yay, well done Mel :thumbs::thumbs:

Don't be worrying about me, I'm ok.....I'll be ravenous again tomorrow morning :rolleyes: It's very rare I lose my appetite, only morning sickness have ever stopped me munching :sick:

I survived the dentist!!! :clap: :clap: Although didn't quite engage brain in time when she said "shall we give them a little clean now?" and brought out the whirry thingy and the sucky thingy ....

Oh, and I got told off. Apparently Oreos are not a food group :eat::lol:

I hate the sucky thingy....quite apart from the vile sensation, i find it rather degrading having my spit sooked away(accompanied by the most expressive noise!) by a bright eyed,fresh faced young thing!

And WHY must they ask you questions when your mouth is crammed full of equipment and foamy things and the dentists own fingers???!!!??

Anyway.... :) Well done mumble!

My sons teacher called yesterday regarding the steering group for his schools amalgamation with another local unit....and started telling me how proud she was of Caghal. Apparently, as part of their outdoor ed, they went downhill mountainbiking. Well, it started to hail and the wind was blowing strongly as they went up a hill, having to get off and push.Cal was scared his bike would blow away so kept the brakes on as he pushed, screaming constantly as the noise of the wind was really getting to him. And when they eventually crested he hill, they had to go back down t'other side on the bike....

Cal was terrified, apparently, and dallied at the top for quite some time,desperate to go down but lacking the courage.....However, in a sudden burst of bravado, he jumped on his bike and flung himself down the hill, yelling like a barbarian the whole way!!

Waytogo, kid!!! :clap::notworthy:

I wudda bin too chicken!!!! :crying:

Very proud of him though,as trying new things is very difficult for him. Yaaay, Cal!!!!

Esther x

I was just five seconds off my personal best for three miles today, set this time last year. Felt cheerful today. :D

~ Mel ~

Apparently Oreos are not a food group

Really?! Are they not?? I thought they were! :lol:

Food Groups =

The Jam

The Spice girls

Limp Biscuit

Lemon Jelly

Hot Chip

Korn

Black Eyed Peas

Marmalade

Trex (cheat - you left the full-stop out!)

Hot Chocolate

Cream

Flying Burrito Brothers....

see what i did- they're all foods and their all groups!

If you bend the rules a bit you can come up with stuff like 'Iggy Popsicle' and 'The Peach Boys' and that famous singer/songwriter duo John Lemon and Pork McCarpney....

Go on - knock yourselves out! :lol:

My positive: It was sunny today and me and Ben had a lovely cycle ride into town and it was good. Yep. And it's Friday so we will have curry and i will drink some Guinness with it and it will be good. Yep. :D

Ben's positive - he got two 'man of the matches' in his Match Attax :rolleyes:

Oh my other positive...

TODAY - I didn't walk into the kitchen and tread on a dead slow-worm the cat had brought in and find myself flat on my back with a mocassin covered in skink giblets...

guess what happened to me yesterday? ;)

BD :D

Guest Lya of the Nox

:whistle::lol: @ BD

tis friday, got 2 weeks off, i can rest, and get well

did ok at Apps this week, got to see a new one now :(:(

but tis still weeked and the sun has been shining, and i got me ankle bracelets on again

:thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox
ankle bracelets... :o:o

Oh, they don't mean that any more?

Ah :shame:;)

oi you casting asperwhotisits on my pruney murals!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The weather didn't listen to the weather man and the sun is still shining :D, I've found some wonderfully relaxing music on the radio, people have remembered that I exist, and I'm just feeling so much calmer. :)

JP has gone away for the weekend with his youth group.

Mr P & I have the house to ourselves for the first time in 23 years ...

and all we want to do is sleep :lol:

Jay went to the youth group again last night and me and DH had a nice meal in the nearby pub. :thumbs: I had a lovely chili con carne and we sat and chatted for a couple of hours, something I'm very out of practice at. :)

~ Mel ~

Still enjoying school. Have been asked to go in after the 'spring holiday'. This means that I'm likely to get bored for the next 2 weeks with not much to do. Should perhaps try and get myself fitter as Mumble kindly has a thing on her profile that reminds me I'm running out of time. ;) Presently providing consistant cover for a support assistant who works with a class of 3 students. They are a higher ability group and spend sometime up at the local mainstream. One day I even managed to end up with a 1 to 1 student : staff ratio. Is a group I get on well with too. Has been a bit boring at times though as have had the joy of invigulating mock exams. Still had a good party on Friday, that me, one of my students, and a support assistant from a different class threw for the two classes teachers. One was 30 and the other 50. Hence lots of cakes, crisps, etc... I also took in a bottle of helium and we put up a few balloons (16 to be precise). Also found out one of the non-aural students enjoys investigating things. He tried to balance the 'lift' of a helium balloon with various objects. I think he'd have managed if we let him use water. The only problem with been back is I get home exhausted but 99% of the time after I've had a good day. Sometimes stay to one of the after school clubs for fun too.

On Friday had a nice night out with some of the staff from the school (though I found some of the bars a little loud for my taste, I couldn't properly hear someone who was sitting next to the person next to me). Dad also kindly picked me up. There are more 'permanent' positions (I.E. might also be temporary contracts but I'm on supply) coming up after Easter and various people have been encouraging me to apply. Presently think I'll take the next year to decide on best course for me. Need to work out primary or secondary first still. Trying to arrange a meetup with another friend this week. That's one of the things I'll talk to her about as I'd appreciate her opinion.

Sorry hadn't popped in for a while. I'm still around though. I hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully I'll start getting used to working again soon. I'd say this is harder than my teacher training in some ways (as requires more physical fitness) but it is more rewarding. Also might be able to do a placement at the school if I could find a training scheme that would let me. See you all around, David.

I just found out that the coursework I am struggling with and thought was due tomorrow isn't due for another week :thumbs: The pieces I haven't attempted yet are due tomorrow, I'd got the dates mixed up! Eeep! :unsure: