hev

my positive thread

10 days later, and my dad's out of hospital...until the next time something on his knackered old body breaks down.

:unsure:

I missed the begining of this but really glad he's home...

Hope he enjoyed the cake :)

BD >:D<<'>

Thank you so much everyone, my dad's an embarrassing, noisy dose of testosterone-on-legs usually, and I can't bear to think of what my world will be without him around.

He finds it hard to see that I'm grown-up now and can make my own decisions..many of you know the sort! :lol:

Dad in hospital, with my mum riding shotgun to make sure everything was OK, is the reason why B has been bringing himself home from school for almost 2 weeks to an empty house, letting himself in and managing til I get off work and collect him around 5pm.

Usually the grandparents are there for him, but he rose to the challenge very well indeed. He also coped with the amount of times I've been doing lifts to and from hospital ( it's about 45 mins drive one way ) so I haven't been around in the evenings to help with homework etc. No one else but me and dad drive in our family, brother is too far away to help.

Back to the routine now, B's been allowed to keep his front door key as a reward.

Edited by Bard

:clap: Great response from B :notworthy::notworthy::D

Little monkey today - playing on a ds game...... another mum approached him - all the poor woman said was 'How is the game M?'

M - "I can squash the mushrooms - but i can't get the humans"

Mum - "Oh, yes - humans are tricky"

M - "I know - humans are all weird - and dumb."

Then had a little think about it (you could see the cogs turning in his brain....)

M - "I know you're a human - so no offence...."

:blink:

:huh:

:lol::lol:

LOVE my boy! :lol:

I've just finished my chapter I was writing. 16000 words of pure riveting nonsense, but I'm proud of it :D

Now I just have to convince the doctor tomorrow that yes I've been taking things easy and no I haven't been over-working :unsure::oops:

Eldest DD's (10 AS) Parent's Evening last night...and it went really well :thumbs:

So, so proud of her, she's doing so fab :clap: Her teacher said her English was at Year 9 level :blink: (sorry, hope this isn't coming across as smug :unsure: )

He did say sometimes he forgot that she was Aspie, and he'd ask her to do something, and she'd give him a blank look, and he'd remember and have to reword the instructions to make them simpler to understand.

Keeping everything crossed she continues to do so well at secondary school when she transfers next year (have been dreading it so much :( )

Youngest DD (7 ASD) managed her first solo poo & bottom wiping at school yesterday........she's refused to "go" at school, being unable to wipe her bottom...and now she's able to bless her :wub:

Unfortunately, like most things in life, it's not all good news.......DS's hamster is looking dead, but twitchy :tearful:

I got so stressed out in the supermarket I started eating my shopping list. :tearful: Meant I couldn't buy 'normal' stuff, so had to do what any stressed soul does in such circumstances - I bought polar bear flavoured ice-cream :eat: Will have to eat it quick before the other students steal it. :eat1:

I cooked two delicious boiled eggs and shoulders for brekkie :eat::eat1: (I know they're really called soldiers, I used to mix up and mis-pronounce words as a kid and shoulders is one that's stuck)

Given that I've seen another student finish last night's pizza and I was getting in such a flap about having to do 'food' and I'm having huge trouble at the moment with routine and eating generally, I'm quite proud of this, albeit little, achievement.

Oh and a second positive - this forum - where else can a 28 year old explain that boiling eggs feels like an achievement? :unsure::notworthy:

Was trying to teach J how to do toast this morning but he's just taken the choccie croissant option instead :)

Damn! Why didn't I think of that? :eat: That's one smart boy :lol::)

I've got the first series of Life on Mars on DVD, so roll on kiddiwinks' bedtime!! :clap:

Can you entice them into bad behaviour so you have to punish them by sending them to bed early? :unsure::devil: :devil: Or else, surreptitiously move all the clocks forward an hour or so (yes, it is getting much lighter in the evenings - well it was officially spring yesterday ...) ... :whistle:

I've got the first series of Life on Mars on DVD, so roll on kiddiwinks' bedtime!! :clap:

DCI Gene Hunt :wub::devil:

Boho :dance:

That's my DH's hero :notworthy: ....he models himself on him at work :lol:

Only kidding :P Enjoy Bid :thumbs:

Edited by Bagpuss

That's my DH's hero :notworthy: ....he models himself on him at work :lol:

Only kidding :P Enjoy Bid :thumbs:

He is garjuss :clap:

I was thinking about getting the DVD for my brothers for Christmas, 'cos they were both coppers in the 70s :devil:

Does your DH have a pair of grey crocodile skin cowboy boots...and if not, why not?? :shame:

Does your DH have a pair of grey crocodile skin cowboy boots...and if not, why not?? :shame:

Only for private use at home :lol:;) I'm scared one day he will come home in a Cortina :devil:

Have a new episode of the big bang theory downloaded to watch :thumbs: Fiancees parents have agreed to pay for the reception venue, food and our room for the wedding night!! :thumbs:

Only for private use at home :lol:;) I'm scared one day he will come home in a Cortina :devil:

Just had 3 hours of Gene Hunt :clap::wub:

My brothers both had Ford Capris :o:o:devil:

Eeeh, those were the days...when men were men and women were grateful :devil:

Just picked up the original 'Fame' film for �3 from the supermarket...so going to have a load of that this arvo with my girlies, all wrapped up against he snowy weather :clap::dance:

Boho :dance::dance:

Edited by bid

DCI Gene Hunt :wub::devil:

Threaten to stamp on all their toys!

(This will make sense once you've watched the DVD.)

I loved Life on Mars . . . got a bit obsessed with it actually. How are you enjoying Ashes to Ashes?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:IT'S SNOWING!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

It started about an hour ago with small bits and it's doing proper flakes now and stating to settle. I took the long route back from brekkie and ran around in the falling snow for a while - security looked slightly bemused when I came in, covered in white and dripping :lol: I'm hoping it snows a bit more so I can go out and play later :D:pray:

And I've got a Kinder chocolate wabbit :robbie: to nibble on :eat:, and they had my second favourite (Lemon marmalade) for breakfast this morning, and, even though it's a family type holiday day, I get to spend the day how I want without having to negotiate the complexities of people :D Edited by Mumble

Threaten to stamp on all their toys!

(This will make sense once you've watched the DVD.)

I loved Life on Mars . . . got a bit obsessed with it actually. How are you enjoying Ashes to Ashes?

I'm definitely obsessed :devil:

Only seen 3 episodes of Ashes to Ashes because it's clashed with work...fun, but not as brilliant as LOM, although The Gene Genie is still just as fabby :wub:

Are you enjoying ATA?

Who is your fave character?

Just picked up the original 'Fame' film for �3 from the supermarket...so going to have a load of that this arvo with my girlies, all wrapped up against he snowy weather :clap::dance:

Boho :dance::dance:

oh bid i love that film :thumbs:

Glad the wedding planning is going well, SG, i'm awfy excited for you!! :thumbs:

Bet her dress is stunning!!

Anyway, my good news is that the Colour of Magic is on Sky One this evening, YAAAY!! Can't wait!!!!! How fab, and I'll eat my easter egg as I watch it, YAAY!!!

(Oofs, I'm so dull, my 16 year old self would roll her eyes in disbelief that she would turn into such a boring old fart!!! Heheh, well I like it anyway!)

Esther x

Only seen 3 episodes of Ashes to Ashes because it's clashed with work...fun, but not as brilliant as LOM, although The Gene Genie is still just as fabby :wub:

I've altered my whole sleep routine to watch it :rolleyes: I did miss one episode, but it was on BBC iplayer, so I managed to watch it in the end. I think the same as you, it's more fun than Life on Mars and much lighter. There aren't so many of Gene's one-liners either.

I'm not sure who my favourite character is. Gene is definitely the biggest personality. Alex isn't as good-looking as Sam!

I'm not sure who my favourite character is. Gene is definitely the biggest personality. Alex isn't as good-looking as Sam!

Her hair isn't quite right either...and I speak as one who had 3 perms in the 80s!! :o:o:ph34r:

And waddya mean about Sam being good-looking?? Pah!! Nothing compared to The Gene Genie!! :wub::devil::lol: (That's probably age talking!! :crying: )