Hi! I am new to the forum. I am a single mum to two boys. Chris is aged 10 and about to start his final year in junior school. Mike is aged 8 and recently diagnosed with ASD after struggling since he was about 3 to get someone to listen to me. Am still trying to get a dx of ADHD as well as I think he has this as well................ yet another battle to be done!

School are going to apply for ESAP funding in Sept to get him some one-to-one help. The last school year has been a nightmare!

I suffer from M.E (Chronic fatigue) as well so find it pretty tiring coping with Mike. I work part time as a teaching asst in a Special Needs school as well.

Am hoping to meet other people in similar situations as I am in and to get some support?

Hi and welcome. I am Liz and have 3 children. Hayley is 9 going into yr5, Matthew is 7 and has Asperger syndrome/asd/pdd/adhd. he was dx with aspergers at 5 and the adhd only recently. then there is Nathan almost 4. Matthew has also had a very bad year at school, he has always found it very difficult with groups etc, nursery he would cry every day i took him, reception and yr 1 weren't too bad although had their bad moments, like escaping out of school etc, yr 2 has been the worst, he only last in the class 2 months as he was very disruptive, throwing stuff etc or making a den under the chairs/tables annd singing etc aswell as running off, he just couldn't cope, so he ended up in a room on his own since november with 2 different teacher/assistants to help him although he hasn't learnt much over the last year, and on a part time basis. he is now about to start a special needs school on 5th sept.

anyway sorry about going on there lol. just wanted to welcome you here and hope you get the dx sorted soon! >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Hello and welcome to the forum. I've always found this a very warm and supportive place to be.

I have 2 boys aged 6 and 7. The youngest was diagnosed at 2 and a half with severe autism and SLD. He is ADHD and SID also. The eldest has always been 'different' which is 100% fine with me but he is now struggling to 'fit in' in school and is constantly in trouble for things such as 'answering back' which he percieves as 'telling the truth'. I've finally plucked up courage to have him assessed and he is seeing EP in the Autumn term. I'm a primary school teacher part time at the moment, and dh works shifts in order to juggle childcare. Anyway, sorry to go on! Welcome again!

Elun xxx

Hi, and welcome to the forum, ASue.

Lots of people here will understand the daily battles you face, you'll get plenty of support, information and even the occasional laugh. :)

K x

Welcome ...

Your year sounds similar to my youngest (P3 - aged 8) although they never got as far as putting him on his own with 2 SLAs he went down the 'part-time' schooling route instead - he also starts at a new school in August (Scottish summer hols June-August) in an Autistic Base.

My eldest (now 14+) had over a year of 'single-room' schooling aged 8 ...

I hate P3 year at school ...each of my children have 'blown' that year.

I am still very new and I've found here very friendly.

Louise

Hi Sue, and Welcome!

I have J who's 8 with AS, I too have ME and yes, it's a struggle to get through the 'normal' things as well as working with a child with ASD. I'd love to chat later - I'm sure we could give each other a lot of support. It's hard for people who don't have ME to understand what it's like day to day. Far more to it than 'a bit tired', isn't it?!

Off on holiday tomorrow morning so hope to talk to you more after that.

Karen

x

Thanks for all the welcomes from everyone!

I hope that I can get on the boards a bit and find out a bit more about what goes on. M tends to hog the computer a lot of the time but I will try my best to get on and chat!

Thanks again!

Hi and welcome Sue, >:D<<'>

Some of your situation mirrors mine.

M is 7 diagnosed ASD several months ago after us fighting to get some answers since he was 2. Now we also have the ADHD fight. M's consultant is sure he has it but CAMHS have to diagnose. M's teacher made such a mess of filling out the questionnaire that CAMHS decided by that alone he doesn't have it so I have had to fight to get them to go through it again! My younger son is 4 and waiting to be assessed at CDAC after the health visitor actually listened to my concerns second time round :whistle:

Yes it is all such a battle isn't it but you are in great company here.

mum22boys

welcome asue. these wonderful people hav been a life saver 4 me i am sure u will get alot of help and supportxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

love donnax

Welcome, welcome, welcome......

This is one fab forum, evryone is lovely, understanding and supportive.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi :)

i also have M.E so can sympathise with how difficult life can be, i am married but pretty much live as a single parent as dh does absolute diddly squat and hides out of the way most of the time leaving me to do everything with the children. all my children are still little so havent had the joy of schools yet, my son is diagnosed asd and our nursery is convinced that my daughter is also asd but we are being told to 'wait and see' a lot of the time by the professionals.

hope you find this site very helpful, i have found the support of the members a big help. feel free to message me if you want to chat :)

hi :)

i also have M.E so can sympathise with how difficult life can be, i am married but pretty much live as a single parent as dh does absolute diddly squat and hides out of the way most of the time leaving me to do everything with the children. all my children are still little so havent had the joy of schools yet, my son is diagnosed asd and our nursery is convinced that my daughter is also asd but we are being told to 'wait and see' a lot of the time by the professionals.

hope you find this site very helpful, i have found the support of the members a big help. feel free to message me if you want to chat :)

Thanks for that! It will be nice to chat to other people who understand!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome......

This is one fab forum, evryone is lovely, understanding and supportive.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

except baddad :o (only joking,i dont want to get a slap from the mods :D

welcome to the forum,a very friendly place >:D<<'>