Frangipani

The funny things our kids say thread!

Hi Just for fun >:D<<'> :thumbs::wub:

We all may recall some funny things our kids have said that we often remember and often makes us laugh.

I thought we could start a thread like this, and each could type in things their kids have said, that warm the heart or make you laugh. I think this would be a fun thread. I will start the ball rolling with a few things my daughter said when she was almost three, that always makes me giggle.

I was doing my make up and J was standing by watching me paint my face :) amazed, I was applying red lipstick.

J had trouble with the letters 'L' and 'R' so she pronounced all her "L's" and "R's" as W's. This is what she said which still makes me laugh, and I often say it to her now, :lol:

QUOTE: That's woverwy wed wipstick on your wips mummy!. :lol: I erupted into inconsolable laughter. She was soooo cute. :wub:

:D

Edited by Frangipani

Awwwwww soooo cute, that's weally wovwey !

When Connor was small and I was taking him up stairs to bed I said "oh I must close the landing window or we'll get a draught", he said " yes Mummy please shut the window we don't what one of those poking its head through the window"..... he thought I meant giraffe :lol:

Clare x x x

Sure I posted this elsewhere, but what the hey....

cereal pulses (for cerebral palsy)

its my hawthorns (hormones)

Davids cheese (Dairylea)

When he was about 6 he was obsessed with the DK human body cd rom. He got some of S's nail varnish in his eye (dont ask) and had to have it washed out in Casualty. I watched the doctor's jaw drop as he shouted, MIND MY IRIS! MIND MY CORNEA! MIND MY SCLERA! :notworthy:

he thought I meant giraffe :lol:

For a long time as a kid, I thought the snake shaped thing my mum put by the door was a giraffe excluder. I always wondered why they would try and come under the door when it would clearly be easier for them to stick their heads in upstairs . . . :wacko:

Friend's son (L) - was on holiday in Ibiza - playing alongside another child - other child said "What year are you in?" - L replied 2006!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by UltraMum

Bill has a very good friend from when we lived in Newcastle. They are still friends now and speak on the phone every day and as they've been friends since reception hopefully it'll be a life long friend ship

When they were little they both had trouble with some letters. Bill replaced L with W and his friend 'K' with 't'.

this was a conversation they once had in the back of the car... still makes me chuckle to remember it.

bill...'I can't wait for you to meet our new kitten... he's wuvwy'.

friend..'I love tittens'.

bill... 'I wuv kittens too'

friend..'Oh look over there... there's a little titty by the side of the road'

:lol:

You really had to be there!! :unsure:

Friend's son (L) - was on holiday in Ibiza - playing alongside another child - other child said "What year are you in?" - L replied 2006!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbs: Exactly what my lil monkey has been saying to everyone at school......... :unsure::lol:

Flora,

that sounds like a Two Ronnies sketch :lol: !

My 4 year old said the other day that he has 'peas and noodles' in his leg, (pins and needles).

Back after a long break and this is my first post, they do say some funny things!

In a supermarket the other day and our cashier did our stuff and told people behind me he was closed, he was in a big hurry and leapt up my DS said in a loud voice "wheres he going?" I said to have his lunch and DS said in a very loud voice "well I think he needs the toilet" very matter of fact and the poor boy looked so embarressed, anouther time in the bank there was a man clad in red M/C leathers and DS said, "is that a power ranger" everyone laughed but the man!

perry chie

J was telling me the other night that we should adopt him a brother, I was asking him why he wanted one now etc and he said 'so I've got someone to play xbox games with - then he double checked with me how old he was before he could play them - I said 'around 5 years old' - he said okay I'll have a 5 year old one then..

He then said 'But I don't want one thats 'Disciplined! eh? says me....what do you mean?

turns out he meant one that takes his own plate after dinner to the kitchen! - cos then he knew he'd have less defence for not doing the same!

Maisie always gets "at" and "out" mixed up so when I give her the stare, the one that most kids realise they will be in trouble if they carry on :shame: , Maisie says wot you looking out!

Also during a melt down oneday she said I will throw you out the door, under my breath I mumbled you wont have to I will walk! To which she replied I will throw you out then push you in again so you have to listen to me all your life!! I did have to hide my smile lol.

She also says pins and noodles lol. So sweet when they are little. :clap:

R to my mum whilst having a cuddle "nanny I bet you would be really pritty if you didnt have all them lines on your face....." I found it very amusing my mum didnt she had just turned 50 a few days before hand dont think it done much for her confidence!!!

Have to advise we've had some complaints about the nature of this thread from a well known talk show host.......................................... ;):shame:

Ben sometimes has trouble with his 'N's' (but can negotiate them when he concentrates)

What's really nice is he laughs at himself when he does it rather than being upset by it - 'Actually, I didn't mean "Nonny" i meant "lolly" sort of thing...

My favourite non-word of his was "SpiderLasers" for stabilisers on his bike - Istill call them this if i see them on other kids bikes, and couldn't care less about the odd looks :)

L&P

BD :D

We have a collie x puppy in our family and when ever there's a funny smell coming from the dog my hubby always says 'Who's dropped one?'

Anyway we are all sitting in the lounge one day and my youngest ds say - 'It stinks, has someone picked one up?'

Well we couldn't stopped giggling, and it is now always what is said in our house!!!!

It was just before my daughter started Preschool - we had all the family sitting around enjoying a Sunday afternoon barbeque. My daughter then 3 yrs old put on her brand new school back pack and gave us a demo on how it was supposed to be worn. She ran around giving us a look over her shoulder -not amused as to WHY everyone started giggling at her. We said the backpack is almost as big as you sweetheart. Then she gave us the look with the big bottom lip :( she was not happy. My dad called her 'Miss Pooh Pooh' gently for us to hear - but oops she heard him. :lol: My daughter hand on hip gave us the look again- :lol: to this we were all in tears laughing.

My daughter from this day on inherited 'Miss Poo Poo' not happy - the next time the family got together she pulled me aside and said Mummy I don't like Pa calling me Miss Pooh Pooh - I said to her you go and tell him. Thinking she would just let it go. But no she ran over and stood right in front of Pa looking up - she gave him the 'third degree' - said 'I don't like you calling me Miss Pooh Pooh - I am ..Firstname.. ..Middlename.. ..Surname.. hands on hip - she just stared right at him until she was satisfied that he got it - he apologised and she continued the look not once breaking eye contact - my dad struggling really hard to keep a straight face :shame::lol::whistle:

That's my girl !!- to that I got like mother like daughter :lol: very vague memory - who me never!

:thumbs:

Edited by Frangipani

my ds was chewing the wire on the toaster and I warned him of the hazard of being electrocuted (and also unplugged the toaster!!)

Few days later he said mum if I chew wires I will be electro-shooted - I said no it's electrocuted and he said I will get shot by the electrics. Love it.

I was playing badminton with my ds and he kept calling the shuttlecock a "cockle shell" - so thats what it is now.

Also this week he's been a bit upset at what one of the other boys at school has been saying to him - bragging I think or nagging him about something so I told him (before I had really thought about it properly) to tell him to "go boil his head" next time he nagged him and then of course had to explain it meant to mind his own business. So he comes home today and says he told him to "go boil his egg".

Rebecca has no idea about idioms, the other day stopped the adult she was talking to in her tracks!

Conversation:

"Why is your son angry?"

"Oh don't worry about him, he got out of the wrong side of the bed"

Instantly Rebecca replied "Oh did he hurt himself?"

Hubby said the look on the mother's face was a picture! :clap: :clap: :clap:

During her CELF assessment the SALT touched on idioms and asked Rebecca what it meant when some one was "like a fish out of water"

To her it meant bad tempered as "the fish would be really angry"

One nephew always called aeroplanes ombidanes, we still use that word 12 years later.

In a certain shop my other nephew really did it to my sister in law!

Mummy, mummy look F***ing roller, F***ing rolller!

She left the shop very quickly and was very embarrased.

This went on for a few vissits to the shops until one day she was in the toy section and the was a line of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff.

All the time he had been excited about seeing the Fat Controller! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

my NT daughter says ''dressing downg'' still for dressing gown

a couple of years ago she said to my mother whilst on the phone...'' nanny.. when i kiss mummy she has whiskers'' :oops:

a few weeks ago my AS child © and older son (M) were in on way home from tesco and were playing guess the animal..this made me laugh..

C- is it a monkey?

M- no its not a monkey.. but its a part of the monkey family

C- is it the mummy, daddy or the baby?

:lol:

This is a good thread!

Last week we were on our way home from our usual Friday night pizza, driving along the bypass Lewis must have noticed the signs overhead, we were all quiet, nice and full up when my hubby took a drink of coke, lewis pipes up "DAAAAAD- you mustn't drink and drive or serious injury might occur!!" We were laughing all the way home. :lol:

He also says breakstiff for breakfast!! cute!.

that did make me laugh kirstie they r funny aint they..

reece calls a trampoline a bounceline and we all call it that now..

people look at me abit funny wen i call it that as if ive lost it

donnaxx

For a long time as a kid, I thought the snake shaped thing my mum put by the door was a giraffe excluder. I always wondered why they would try and come under the door when it would clearly be easier for them to stick their heads in upstairs . . . :wacko:

Absolute classic. :thumbs::thumbs:

I once asked kieran where his hands were. As he ate a yougurt (he had his hands under the table). - he replied. On the end of the spoon.

Another time, another boy was riding his scooter - kieran yelled loudly. OI HE'S WEARING MY SCOOTER!

:thumbs:

Reading the Old F*rts Thread reminded me of a time DH was sorting out the loft and brought down his old records, Connor "Cor Dad look at the size of those CD's" !!!!

Clare x

My ds said tonight that he gets "strussfrated" - which to me is infinitely harder to say than frustrated :rolleyes:

We went on a walk to a beauty spot on Exmoor and when we got there a bloke was on his bike in all his Lycra cycling gear. My ds says in a loud enough voice for all to hear - "why's that man only wearing just his pants" :)

I was out on a walk once with my daughter when we passed by a big house, she looked at the house and said "that's a big house I'd like to live there" to which I replied "oh yes probably has lots of bedrooms". " oh that would be good, you and mummy wouldn't have to share then" Oh, the innocence of youth...

I was out on a walk once with my daughter when we passed by a big house, she looked at the house and said "that's a big house I'd like to live there" to which I replied "oh yes probably has lots of bedrooms". " oh that would be good, you and mummy wouldn't have to share then" Oh, the innocence of youth...

Whats wrong with that, I'd love to get away from mr pearl's snoring! :lol:

my ds has problems saying the m sound

as hes just started school i thought it would be good to teach him some nice manners

unfortunatly 'pleased to eat you' wasn't what i had in mind

this is made even funnier as he has a nasty habit of biting small children

kiz

My daughter said I look pretty without make-up today ;):wub:

:notworthy: love my daughter :wub:

My son told me that I must be going bald because he could see 'all the skin on top of my head'!

:whistle::whistle:

Simon

My son told me that I must be going bald because he could see 'all the skin on top of my head'!

:whistle::whistle:

Simon

Kids are always bluntly honest :wub: when we least expect it.

A hair time tip if thinning - there are supposed to be 4 strands of hair per follicle - if thinning only 'one'.

Fish oils / evening primrose oil along with minerals for hair do the trick to thicken it up. :thumbs:

This is more about me being unclear...

The other day I was going shopping with my two boys and I saw someone I knew and her kids in the distance. Good time to brush up on some social stuff. I said to the boys, "if we bump into someone we know, what should you you say?"

They both answered at the same time, "sorry!". :thumbs:

I've been laughing at all this and wanted to add one of my own from today. We went to the cinema this morning to watch Ratatouille, halfway through the film dd shouts 'BOGIES!' oops! How come they always pick up this stuff from videos instead of the nice bits? :rolleyes::lol: