Frangipani

The funny things our kids say thread!

Ben was talking about Christmas this morning... he's still in that 'not entirely sure' phase re you-know-who so has decided to play cagey and go with it for this year 'just in case'...

Ben: 'So will we leave a drink out for santa?'

Me: 'Yes'

Ben: 'Beer or wine?'

Me: 'Wine- he doesn't get time to drink a beer'

Ben: 'And will we leave a carrot out for Roald Dahl?'

All together now peeps

Roald Dahl the red-nosed reindeer

Had a very shiney nose...

L&P

BD :D

Ben was talking about Christmas this morning... he's still in that 'not entirely sure' phase re you-know-who so has decided to play cagey and go with it for this year 'just in case'...

Ben: 'So will we leave a drink out for santa?'

Me: 'Yes'

Ben: 'Beer or wine?'

Me: 'Wine- he doesn't get time to drink a beer'

Ben: 'And will we leave a carrot out for Roald Dahl?'

All together now peeps

Roald Dahl the red-nosed reindeer

Had a very shiney nose...

L&P

BD :D

awww.. :wub: I love these posts :D they are sooo precious. Some of the things they say stay with you forever:)

makes you feel all goosy :)

:thumbs: xx

awww.. :wub: I love these posts :D they are sooo precious. Some of the things they say stay with you forever:)

makes you feel all goosy :)

:thumbs: xx

Hen, I'm guessing in Oz 'Goosy' means the same as 'broody' over here...

'Goosy' here means you would like to pinch somebody's bum. Most of the time I could quite happily kick Ben's :lol::lol::lol::whistle:

'Goosy' here means you would like to pinch somebody's bum. Most of the time I could quite happily kick Ben's :lol::lol::lol::whistle:

I would have thought Goosy was referring to Goose Bumps?? :unsure:

This is more about me being unclear...

The other day I was going shopping with my two boys and I saw someone I knew and her kids in the distance. Good time to brush up on some social stuff. I said to the boys, "if we bump into someone we know, what should you you say?"

They both answered at the same time, "sorry!". :thumbs:

High five :thumbs::lol: :lol:

No :) over here it means 'warm and fuzzy inside' again explained in Aussie terms like this emoticon :wub: 'ah bless' :)

I wonder how often my comments have had completely different connotations :o

Glad we cleared that up.....

:)

I am petrified of mice!! - even the ickle pink and white chocolate ones do nothing for me!!

One of the cats brought her second mouse of the day home for me tonight and ran into the living room where J was

J shouts ' Mum, Mum...cats got a mouse!!!''' I ran around around using bad words and jumping up and down like a mad woman... :o

J then tells me to leave the room...he's not scared of mice! :)

He says I'll call dad and he can tell me what I need to do :)...in the meantime I shut J in the room with the cat and the mouse and dished J his dinner up. Took the dinner back in and said here u go and put it on his table...J said 'I'm not sitting there incase the mouse comes back to life and runs up my trouser leg!

I said 'Well don't worry, I'll stay here on watch out whilst you eat'

J then said 'Mum...whats the point of you standing there?? as soon as the mouse comes up you're gonna run!! ;)

I remember back about 3 years ago, Daniel was then 9............me and my hubby were watching a films on TV and as you know some film will show the couple doing their business (and no.....its wasn't that type of film) lol :o

Well Daniel as we thought was settled down in bed for a change, he suddenly crept up and yelled "oh my god, mum, dad, look that man is killing her" :o:o:o hmmm........so you can guess what he seen and what he thought lol !! :lol::lol::oops:

Me and hubby still have a laugh about that now lol, even when a couple are just kissing on TV now Daniel will just walk out of the room. :lol: So now he must really know what these people are doing. :thumbs:

Di xxx

Di - that did make me giggle!! :lol:

Hayden had an inset day just before he broke up for half term, so he turned to me & said 'Mum do i have a insect day tomorrow' we call them 'Hayden's Gems' :lol: another one of his Gems, is his name for the black widow spider, he calls it the black weirdo :P

:lol::lol::lol: That did make me laugh, 'aww' bless Hayden ! :lol:

A bit like 'Grand prix' even my hubby calls its the other. :lol:

Di. :thumbs:

after the 10th time of running up and downstairs to separate the boys from fighting i shouted "im sick of being a referee!" ds1 came up and said "your not a referee mum!!" well i found it funny!

after the 10th time of running up and downstairs to separate the boys from fighting i shouted "im sick of being a referee!" ds1 came up and said "your not a referee mum!!" well i found it funny!

Precious ah bless them - that made me giggle. My daughter often takes me literally and corrects me :lol:

Thanks for sharing >:D<<'>

We were making mince pies together over Christmas with the help of our just turned two year old. His job was to put the lids on. I put the big tray of prepared pies in front of him, and told him to put the lids on. He stood there for ten minutes trying to put the mincemeat jar lid on them before he gave up. DD and I couldn't do much but laugh.

Our eldest son was very late talking. He'd just turned 3 and we were getting pretty concerned that he still hadn't mumbled so much as 'mum'. We were parking the car in the multi storey one day and got stuck behind an old bloke who couldn't park. After sitting behind him for ages, Daniel piped up 'for f***s sake just park the f****n car'. I was so gobsmacked and elated that he'd finally spoken, I couldn't tell him off, and vowed that day that I'd never swear again.

This one is mine from when I first started school. My mum has taken great pleasure over the years embaressing me with it.

ME: mummy, mummy, I know the difference between boys and girls.

MUM: yes dear, what is it?

ME: boys have balls

MUM: silence

MUM: and what do girls have?

ME: skipping ropes

I still have the worksheet I'd been colouring in with a picture of a boy kicking a ball and a girl skipping.

My daughter used to call the kitchen, 'the chicken' so she would tell people that the dog was in the chicken!!! and a biscuit was a mic mic!

Talking to M yesterday ..

'Happy birthday mummy - how old are you?'

'21'

'How old are you really?'

'21'

'No, you not being twooful'

'Oh, ok, 32.'

'OH NO POOR mummy - you're not even thirty one anymore.....'

Then told the whole of the school :shame:

Anyone want a free child on ebay - comes with instructions, ish...

(On the cutest side - little man has never coped so well with my b'day :( I normally spend half of my b'day trying to calm a meltdown.

It's packed with confusion / change of normal life for him - why arn't i the same number of years as him? - (because our birthdays are days apart) - why are people coming into the house on a weekday? - etc

But, he managed really, really well :notworthy: - and even remembered to wish me happy b'day :wub: )

Edited by smiley

'Happy birthday mummy - how old are you?'

'21'

'How old are you really?'

'21'

'No, you not being twooful'

'Oh, ok, 31.'

'OH NO POOR mummy - you're not even thirty one anymore.....'

Then told the whole of the school :shame:

It's even less amusing when you happen to be 47 and the whole world knows.

Karen

x

Hi Matthew can come out with some funny stuff. The latest one was the other day I had lipstick on (well lip gloss really) and I wanted to give him a kiss, he said no you have lipstick on, then he said when people go on dates they can't kiss if they have lipstick on .... this is because he doesn't like anything getting on him lol

just thought of another, matthew can be very literal which can be quite funny bless him. when we going home off our holiday about 2 years ago we are talking about the things we would do when we go home. I said we will all have to go in the bath, he thought we were all literally going in the bath together!

another, I was getting quite angry the other day and said to matthew I was going to snap. he got worried as he thought I literally was going to snap in 2!

Edited by LizC

This weekend...

Auriel (looking at something on the TV) to his mate G: Who is this 'Ice Tea'??

G: Mmmm, well, I am not familiar with the entire canon of his work, but let me see...

Boho :lol::notworthy:

me: right time to chuck you two in the bath

dd: :o mummy that's really nasty, I think you should go on the naughty step for that!!!

Turns to DS, 'can you beileve she just said that!?!'

:wub: