Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

moral support needed!!!

Just had confirmation of details regarding our complaint against Social Services about lack of services for autistic adults in our area.

Its a bit of a shock to see it set out in writing and I feel as though its a court appearance. It will consist of an independant panel of 3 people and 3 from SS and yours truly. I will have my friend to support me, she is a regular on here and could argue for England.

SS have gone into a bit of a spin and I now seem to have a constant stream of telephone calls and letters after years of no one giving a dam. We have been promised all sorts and I feel quite proud of myself for sticking to my guns. It does make me very angry that people only sit up and take notice if you complain and many people are unable to do that for a number of reasons.

Wish me luck!!!

Lorry 100% with you in spirit. What you are doing is not only justified it will prove to lots of other parents that it can be done. Wishing you all of the success that you deserve with this. >:D<<'>

Cat

Wishing you lots and lots of luck.

I only got as far as a stage 2 complaint and then started to get the help I required at the time, why they couldn't do it before hand eh!!

Keep going cos not only will you be helping yourself, you'll be helping others to have the strength to do it in the future >:D<<'>

Just had confirmation of details regarding our complaint against Social Services about lack of services for autistic adults in our area.

Its a bit of a shock to see it set out in writing and I feel as though its a court appearance. It will consist of an independant panel of 3 people and 3 from SS and yours truly. I will have my friend to support me, she is a regular on here and could argue for England.

SS have gone into a bit of a spin and I now seem to have a constant stream of telephone calls and letters after years of no one giving a dam. We have been promised all sorts and I feel quite proud of myself for sticking to my guns. It does make me very angry that people only sit up and take notice if you complain and many people are unable to do that for a number of reasons.

Wish me luck!!!

>:D<<'> despite :wallbash:>:D<<'> I hope you succeed, our children will grow into adults one day and you are setting the standard for us,so >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Isnt it annoying that the SS are now calling you and writing to offer this and that now the S3 is here, Its really disgusting that the only time the ss really do anything is with a Staged Complaint, I emailed copies of 3 different complaints about my areas ss to the directer and the next day we had support it goes to show that once things are in writing and clear to see that when a family is struggling because of a disability then the services need to support them.

I was talking to a friend sw and she said that if say 100 people say they are going to put in a complaint only 1 of them actually do, so ss are not really concerned until they actually get a letter of complaint.

When I write letters of complaints I always send a copy to the local ombusman now just to let them know that is happening, and I feel that it has really helped.

You doing what not many will actually do, so its an important thing to do to get the services you NEED and the help to support you, I really do admire people like you, the challenge sounds massive but if you win its your victory.

Good Luck, and weldone so far.

JsMum

:notworthy: , totally admire you for what you are doing, pity we have to fight to get it, :wallbash: , good luck and PLEASE let us know how it goes

go girl! :notworthy::thumbs:>:D<<'> , hugs suzex

Oh thanks guys you have really cheered me up.

I am really not the sort of person to make a fuss. It took almost 3 years of nonsense before I decided enough was enough. My son deserves so much more and I now realise that to get anywhere in this world you have to make a lot of noise. I have been lied to and my son treated as an inconvenience, it is a long sorry saga.

We have now been told an autistic specific day service is about to take shape and we have been invited to work on the blue print. We were promised a service over 7 years ago and will not let this go until it actually materialises. I am aware of other youngsters who are languishing at home after leaving school/college because historically the next step has been a long term care home. Local authorities and government have buried their heads firmly in the sand seemingly hoping we will all simply disappear. I take my hat off to all those of you who have fought for your childrens rights throughout education.

I have been very lucky and supported and urged on by some fantastic people, many on this site. I will keep everything well and truly crossed for my meeting and let you know how it goes.

cheers and thanks for the support

Loraine

Sorry....who said I could argue for England???!!!...........it's true though :ph34r::bat::ninja: in a strange way I'm almost looking forward to it, seeing the county tying themselves in knots. Love Kat

Will plan a campaign :star: practicing my assertiveness. Going to wear red for agression with shoulder pads - superwoman outfit should do it!!!

And choose the highest chair so you can look down on 'em all!! :lol:

Best of luck Lorraine!! :thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Will phone tomorrow Lorry to plan campaign and catch up. Off to swim now. Sometimes on Saturday swimming the head of EECU in my county (early education and childcare unit) is in "lanes" with me. If anyone wants me to splash him let me know.......