Bagpuss

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

At Baggy Towers it will be a quiet one. Just DH, I and the kiddies, although off to my sister's for New Year's Day. We always stay up till midnight though, and see in the New Year, even the kiddies, and will probably involve lots of chocolate :D

I can't remember the last time DH and I celebrated New Year by going out, think it was 1991 :lol:

we are the same!! Dh at work till 8pm then just staying in, ive never really liked new year just another day to me, except everywhere puts the prices up!!!!

We're all usually in bed by 10pm, and even that's a late night for me.

J wants to stay up this year - don't know what he expects will happen on the stroke of 12 but he just wants to experience it. So we're having a nap in the afternoon, to rest up for the big push, then we'll spend the evening playing Cluedo and Wii Sports and having a competition to see who can make the most ridiculous Mii. Then at 12 (if we're still up) we'll kick J out the back door with a packet of biscuits and a bottle of beer and send him round the front to be first foot. I'll be fast asleep by 12.05.

Karen

x

Watch Jools hootanany and drink alcohol ...

Wake up ben at midnight to hear the fireworks/bells then off to bed...

New Years Resolution - get a life! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD

new years eve is my abso fave time of year,i physically cannot stay in,ive tried one year but i felt so left out,its mums birthday :notworthy::notworthy: so thats my excuse,nick dont see the fuss of new years eve so he stays in with k :thumbs: ,i dont know what im doing yet though,last year i ran up and down 3 roads with a giant bell at twelve,i thought it was highly amusing but looking back it was probably a pain in the backside for everyone in bed,so this year im going to be sensible and think of others :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

we spend new year in, TRY and wake kids up at 2355 (they sleep through anything so it'll be hard to wake them)

Although this year we were invited to a friends house but we declined gracefully as I've got this horrible cold thing and the kids get soo tired that they get miserable and whinge at everyone and everything!! WE have tried the sleep thing in the afternoon DH and I manage it but the boys don't.

All that said it will be a quiet one for us and then i'll be asleep as soon as poss afterwards :lol:

Won't be doing much at all, am usually in bed before 10pm!

Will video the Take that new year special on ITV in case I don't manage to stay awake.

Ideally I want to go to sleep until all the fuss is over!!!!!! :unsure:

ive not been out on new years eve in years.................will be doing the usual staying in with my boys watching the box or listening to tunes.

i want to try and make 2008 a more positive year for myself and my boys . :party:

We have got friends coming up. At 12 o'clock, we shall all have pink champagne and then watch the fireworks in the garden. :gather::party::wine:

Kids will hopefully be asleep in their beds.

Edited by forbsay

I'll be asleep with ear plugs in trying not to hear the noise :rolleyes:

Unless anyone's having a quiet predictable bash and needs an extra guest . . . :wine::cheers::party:

:lol::unsure:

I love new year at hogmany there is usually lots of house parties to go to, my brother is having one this year but because i am child free (yes child free) i had planned to go dancing.

Now though having got back from london i feel the need to clean the house put things away and start the year not so tired.

Im with baddad i love jools' hootenanny it is one of my favourite programmes over the festive period and will also be having lots of alcohol probably a nice chablis or white burgandy. My friend is coming over and he is a fabulous cook so it will also involve gorgeous food.

Enjoy the bells everyone

Nic

Watch Jools hootanany and drink alcohol ...

Ditto

Wake up ben monkey at midnight to hear the fireworks/bells then off to bed...

Ditto..

New Years Resolution - get a life! :lol::lol::lol:

Ditto...

:lol:

My little monkey was going to his dads - but he's poorly with a :sick: bug. (That's my excuse - and i'm sticking to it..)

We'll be staying in too with a bottle of bubbly stuff and some nice snacks. We went to a good party yesterday so I don't feel too hard done by! :rolleyes:

In past years we've rented a cottage somewhere nice with a large group of friends - that guarantees a party and gets round the babysitting problem, but this year we all went away together in October instead.

As you've probably seen, I'm often awake way after midnight, so staying up tomorrow night shouldn't present too much of a challenge!

K x

The days of a New Years party seem to be long behind me ! So its a quiet one at home for the boys no doubt on PS3 all night as its been since Christmas Day, me asleep on the sofa or on here and sadly no alcohol as I am on call from 1am.........could be a long night.

Looking forward, as ever, to a fresh start and new beginnings.

What ever you do.... Happy New Year.

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

new years eve is my abso fave time of year,i physically cannot stay in,ive tried one year but i felt so left out,its mums birthday :notworthy::notworthy: so thats my excuse,nick dont see the fuss of new years eve so he stays in with k :thumbs: ,i dont know what im doing yet though,last year i ran up and down 3 roads with a giant bell at twelve,i thought it was highly amusing but looking back it was probably a pain in the backside for everyone in bed,so this year im going to be sensible and think of others :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Oh Hev that did make me laugh!

I'll be having a boring one like everyone else (except you :notworthy: ) - Jools & our annual game of Jenga with JP.

Maybe all of us stopping in could have a forum new years party :cheers::drunk::party::partytime::pepsi::sick::wine:

Edited by pearl

Maybe all of us stopping in could have a forum new years party :cheers::drunk::party::partytime::pepsi::sick::wine:

I like that idea Pearl :)

Maybe I'll get myself something edible (will make a change from this past week (:sick:) and something nice to drink :wine: today and join you :cheers::gather:, if I can stay awake :rolleyes:!!!!

We're off out with friends for an early meal (7.30ish). Coming back to ours later to watch Jools and open a bottle of bubbly as soon as it hits midnight :thumbs: .

Both sons out with friends tonight, one partaying, the other going to celebrate in London.

I like that idea Pearl :)

Maybe I'll get myself something edible (will make a change from this past week (:sick:) and something nice to drink :wine: today and join you :cheers::gather:, if I can stay awake :rolleyes:!!!!

And I'll bring the Lee Meade CD that DS bought me for Xmas, mind you, I'm not keen if I'm honest :ph34r:

And I'll bring the Lee Meade CD that DS bought me for Xmas, mind you, I'm not keen if I'm honest :ph34r:

You'd think being a supposed Lee fan loonie, you'd know how to spell his name :P:lol:

I'm not a great fan of his CD either - too much different 'stuff' rather than him developing his own style. Nice piccy on the cover though :wub:

I feel like such a misery guts admitting this, but I hate New Year's Eve. :whistle::ph34r: Am I the only one??!! :o I just find it so depressing and boring and such an anticlimax. If I had my way, I'd just go to bed, but DH insists on staying up and watching all the terrible end of year progs. I get overtaken by such a flat feeling when the clock ticks past 12.00 and it's, 'oh well, that's that then' and off to bed. Jay will go to bed at his normal time, he can't see the point of staying up, not that I'd want him up 'til 12.00!! :o

Think I'd best sidle off to my hole now. :ph34r:

~ misery guts Mel ~

I would like to go to a party or something, but I don't know anyone so I am staying home by myself. I feel so left out his time of year and it really gets me down, so I try to ignore that it's a special day.

I feel like such a misery guts admitting this, but I hate New Year's Eve. :whistle::ph34r: Am I the only one??!! :o I just find it so depressing and boring and such an anticlimax. If I had my way, I'd just go to bed, but DH insists on staying up and watching all the terrible end of year progs. I get overtaken by such a flat feeling when the clock ticks past 12.00 and it's, 'oh well, that's that then' and off to bed. Jay will go to bed at his normal time, he can't see the point of staying up, not that I'd want him up 'til 12.00!! :o

Think I'd best sidle off to my hole now. :ph34r:

~ misery guts Mel ~

I'm with you Mel!!!!! Have got a cracking headache at moment and am already exhausted - M has been really hard work today. Feel ready to go to bed right now.......

:(

Come to the forum party Tally, none of us are going out either!

:clap: :clap: The more the merrier :gather::cheers:

Baggy's bringing the music, I'm bringing food (there's a surprise :eat::eat1:) (and possibly the wine that's chillin in the fridge if the other students don't notice it's there :wine:) and Pearl's bringing the tone down . . . :P

:clap: :clap: The more the merrier :gather::cheers:

Baggy's bringing the music, I'm bringing food (there's a surprise :eat::eat1:) (and possibly the wine that's chillin in the fridge if the other students don't notice it's there :wine:) and Pearl's bringing the tone down . . . :P

im coming :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: mum and dad are coming over for chinese,steve is very excited,first year for years ive stayed in,im peed allready but loving it :drunk::drunk:

that reminds me,i gotta start another thread.........

Well i was going out to the local working mans club cheap :cheers: but..................... the bug that the kiddy winkles and dh had before christmas... the one i thought i had got away with(thanks kids :angry: has hit me (and my loo) hard. Mother in law did say why dont you still come and sit right near the door but the idea of sitting in a ladies public loo going pffhhhhhhhhttttttttttt :oops: splash was not my idea of fun. so dh has gone with out me to keep his mother happy :fight: and left me here all on my own :shame:

Edited by rach04