Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

Can we see some piccies of the meet up.

Please!! :pray::wub:

:)

Sorry Fran >:D<<'> - but no.

I will only show pictures of people (and that will only be through the PM system) if the people in the picture have given me permission.

It's not nice to think of photos of yourself going off to everyone - caused chaos last year - and i don't think it's fair. >:D<<'>

Once my photos are on the PC, i will PM everyone who was there & share the ones i took - and then it will be entirely down to them each individually if they are happy for me to share them.

Sorry >:D<<'>

Hope your son has recovered, Baggy, from Smiley scaring the life out of him....never seen such a look of horror :o when she said come over and give me a hug!!

:lol::devil::clap:

He looked so nervous, i couldn't resist!

Baggy made me do it - honest she did........ :whistle:

:D

I escaped the piccies :devil: See, there was logic to my turning up late :whistle:

Fran, I look like Kylie, only a little bit teenier....honest I do :ph34r:

Oh Smiley/Sallya, DS has not recovered, so, so funny :lol: I've never seen him so happy to wander round a park with youngest DD just to avoid coming back over to us......naughty Smiley :shame::lol:

Can we see some piccies of the meet up.

Please!! :pray::wub:

:)

Frangipani, please accept the fact that my answer, and some other people's is the same as last year's.

I DO NOT want photos of me on the internet, or sent to people I do not know.

Yet again, I've written hasty pms to people that might take you at your word and post stuff before a mod stops them.

It makes a lovely event have a very stressful and worrying finale, like last year when I managed to upset someone by asking them not to post in a rather panicky message, and they got irritated at the thought that they might do it without my permission.

I'm sorry that your plea cannot be answered by me, but I will always be of the same mind.

I will only show pictures of people (and that will only be through the PM system) if the people in the picture have given me permission.

It's not nice to think of photos of yourself going off to everyone - caused chaos last year - and i don't think it's fair. >:D<<'>

Thank you so much smiley. I can start breathing again!

Once my photos are on the PC, i will PM everyone who was there & share the ones i took - and then it will be entirely down to them each individually if they are happy for me to share them.

Sorry >:D<<'>

:D

I understand and respect that. Somehow I lost all the photos you sent me from last year and the video, during some changes to my computer :( so if anyone has those and are okay for me to have them again, that would be really nice. :)

But, as I am in Aussie, and if some from the latest meet up don't mind me having some piccies, that would be really nice to. Just so I can put faces to names like you do. As I have no way of getting over there in the near future. But, you never, never know.

PM me if you prefer.

xx >:D<<'>

Fran

Sorry you've lost the other pictures, i realise it must be disappointing - but there were only 25 at the very most at the meet-up.

I'm fairly sure the forum has far more members who weren't there!

You are not the only one not to see 'us' in the flesh. >:D<<'>

I personally feel it's unkind to try to persuade people to show you photos because you are far away. :(

The forum is a private place to come and talk through issues we are having, to share things that have worked for us - (and to get some much needed happiness, when some of us don't see another soul from one day to the next) - sometimes these are very personal things. So it is very understandable when people want to remain anonymous. I'm happy to go along to meet-ups, and to have my pictures shared with THOSE WHO WERE THERE, but others will be put off going if they are worried about their anonymity being discovered because photos have been shared.

It would be such a shame to spoil such a lovely day.

I would ask that anyone PM'ing photos to anyone who did not attend (from either this year...or the last....or the one before that!) could please, please contact those in the photos first and check with them before they click that send button.

Bard - >:D<<'> >:D<

Just to clarify as I dont think I was specific enough earlier, in the unlikely event I actually scan my photos into the pooter, I shan't be sending anyone anything without peeps permission :)

Well, I just pulled out a photo, for anyone interested in swapping. But only via pm. Just like we did last year.

:) No one has to feel pressured to exchange photo's. Its just a thought.

:) xx >:D<<'>

I wouldn't post any pictures without permission of the people in them. I'll probably just take them off the camera and send to the people and then they can decide what they want to do with them. :thumbs:

I wouldn't post any pictures without permission of the people in them. I'll probably just take them off the camera and send to the people and then they can decide what they want to do with them. :thumbs:

Don't worry, I just lost interest in exchanging photo's.

:) Stupid idea.

:whistle::rolleyes:

How about seeing if people nearer you would like to meet-up.

Found this...

http://www.asperger.asn.au/forums.html

I remember suggesting something along the same lines a few months ago.

I thought it was a good idea for someone who wants contact, faces, voices and to be a part of something more tangible.

I know this forum is special, but Sydney must have local groups with people and families that you could meet and get to know.

Please, please, please, no photos, no sound recordings, no facial descriptions, no personal details, no real names, no nothing identifiable related to me. Anyone who was there who gets any by PM, please don't pass them on (not that I think I'm in any photos, I seem to remember legging it when Pearl brought out the camera!! :photo::D )

Please, please, please, no photos, no sound recordings, no facial descriptions, no personal details, no real names, no nothing identifiable related to me. Anyone who was there who gets any by PM, please don't pass them on (not that I think I'm in any photos, I seem to remember legging it when Pearl brought out the camera!! :photo::D )

hahahaha! I caught you :lol: No worries about them getting out in the wide world though.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

This is what I was meaning...flashback to last year and memories tinged with worry and anxiety that our privacy will not be respected because of another's curiosity.

I'm sure that we can relax, because SG and smiley can understand exactly how we feel about this and wouldn't be so unkind.

Last year I had only been a member for a few months and was very distressed that I may have had to leave the forum if my picture was posted, and I was very grateful that my wishes were respected.

Edited by Bard

Ahem! OK here's the Official Response - if one is needed - as smiley has already said it all in a previous post. :)

Please don't post any photos of people on the forum.

Please only send photos to people who were at the meetup. If you want to send any pics to anyone else, please first ask permission of each individual in the photo - if anyone says no, don't send it. This goes for future meet ups as well.

It's hard enough meeting a bunch of strange people - it's important that people can relax during meetups without worrying that their privacy is about to be invaded.

As for me - you're welcome to distrubute my image - subject of course to the usual fee: my agent will be in touch. ;)

K x

Here is a slideshow. There are no people in it. Photos taken in Greenwich park of the very brave squirrel, views from the top of the hill where the observatory is, thames barrier. :thumbs:

Edit: Doh! Forgot link... http://www.flickr.com/photos/83063719@N00/...166249081/show/

Aaaarrrrggghhhh you got me!!! Told you I was going as a tree!! :lol: :lol: I love the one looking down the Thames with the Gherkin centre and the last one is excellent with the O2 Arena in the background and the pier/steps thing in the foreground :thumbs: :thumbs:

:notworthy: Great pics SG :D

The squirrel's soooooo cute! :wub:

(K - we told Mr Squirrel the mods would pay the agents fee........ two crusts of bread and a tic tac . ;) )

:notworthy: Great pics SG :D

The squirrel's soooooo cute! :wub:

(K - we told Mr Squirrel the mods would pay the agents fee........ two crusts of bread and a tic tac . ;) )

Oh no Tally already paid him in marble cake :thumbs:

Oh no Tally already paid him in marble cake :thumbs:

The marble cake was too good for squirrels!! :o For that we should have demanded an interview as well. :)

K x

How about seeing if people nearer you would like to meet-up.

Found this...

http://www.asperger.asn.au/forums.html

I remember suggesting something along the same lines a few months ago.

I thought it was a good idea for someone who wants contact, faces, voices and to be a part of something more tangible.

I know this forum is special, but Sydney must have local groups with people and families that you could meet and get to know.

Thanks for your advise about a new forum,

however, if I want that sort of advice I will ask for it. Please don't be offended by this.

:)>:D<<'>

Thanks for your advise about a new forum,

however, if I want that sort of advice I will ask for it. Please don't be offended by this.

:)>:D<<'>

I'm not offended at all, you seem to be a very lonely and isolated person with a need to reach out to others, and as you often point out, you are a long way from Britain.

I was not suggesting at all that you leave this forum, although it was something you did do in January.

I think you need to make close links with members of your own ASD community in your neighbourhood as well.

Real life support and communication will make you feel much more included, and you will have the pleasure of making connections with others who feel the same way. And you will know what they look like and what they sound like.

Can Eva not help you locate a local group, as she may be more informed about the possibilities in Australia?

Then you can have picnics on the beach and tell us all about them.

I don't know about others on the forum, but over the years, especially when my son was little, I belonged to a local support group for families with kids with additional needs.

I found it enormously supportive and helpful to meet other parents. In fact now the teenage son of one of those parents goes to the residesi school where I work...it really is a small world when it comes to special needs on a local basis.

I'm sure there must be face-to-face support groups where you live Fran, so that you can widen your support base :)

Boho >:D<<'>

Thanks Bid, >:D<<'>

I see what you are all saying. The problem for me at the moment, is I am coming to terms with some huge issues within my family. Even if all of you were in Sydney and had meet ups, I wouldn't turn up. I have become very reclusive due to a lot of deception that has gone on with my mother and sister.

A few months ago I told my mother I never wanted to see her again.

She has hurt me deeply over some things I really cant talk about. I always needed a mother to talk to, but, she is just so two faced. iykwim. It has affected my approach to friendships.

I have so many friends through my church, sending me notes, leaving me messages, and I cant handle the sympathy eyes. They know the fear I suffer with my daughters illness. My meds are slowly starting to work.

I will branch out soon, my counsellor is more concerned with me just getting back into hobbies at the moment. I do wish you were all in Aussie, as I feel you really are the only ones that know me or understand me, because of being parents of kids with ASD.

I know I would love to go back to support groups over here too, I found them enormously helpful in the past, I just have to work through the deception in my biological family. That has crushed me.

Sorry if this upsets anyone. I am coping, gently but slowly, its just taking a bit longer. My daughter was in tears last night as she doesnt know what has happened to me, she said I used to be such a rock and a strong person. I assured her it am getting there, you just cant rebuild your life on sand, you need to build it on a rock, and I am restoring those foundations in my life.

But I am doing it alone. But, gracefully. Slowly but surely. So please don't worry. I will get there.

Thank you for being there for me over the past years, I couldnt have gotten where I am without you all. I don't know where I would have been if I didnt have you.

One day at a time. I am getting there. But I am taking your tips on board, they sound good, I will discuss this with my counsellor tomorrow, who I have been seeing weekly for the past three months.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Love

Fran xx

Yes Smiley! it happened on the M11 while driving to Stansted airport at "70 ish" mph. :lol: Suddenly got loads of vibration and started weaving all over the road so pulled onto hard shoulder noticing how as the tyre breaks up it gives out so much smoke as the rubber melts that all the cars behind me were slamming on brakes and backing off :lol:

Sorry not posted yet and this will have to be brief (shock horror I must be feeling ill ;)).

The meetup was very good. Nice to meet some old friendly faces and some new ones (at least new in person). As last time happy for photos of me to be shown if there is any. Placed my photo up around the web enough and linked it here in the past so a bit late to try and stay anon now. Not that I'd overly want to but understand why others do like the protection. Was posted in the past to help others spot me for meets.

Nice to find out there is a meet in York. Planning to come still. Hope car fixed by then. (See below.)

LotR was superb. Will post in more detail at some point. If you get the chance (not that it is on for much longer see it). Me and mum were both completely blown away by it. Still some areas where it strays from the book but many aspects are done better than in the films. Black Riders, Balrog, and Shelob in particular were all impressive. Gollum stole the show and got the greatest applause. Would love to know how they had Bilbo vanish when he put the ring on at the start. I'm guessing they used mirrors.

New kayak was very nice when I took it out. Felt a bit tippy at first but soon got used to it. Also towed a couple of the scouts. Had a lot of fun. Including smashing my cars rear window when leaving. Opps. Wasn't thinking when parked. Wheels just span on wet grass and I ended up hitting tree 1m behind me (part of the reason I hadn't posted yet) hence was late back last night. On sat didn't stay up that long when got back felt shattered.

Mum seemed to enjoy herself all round during London. Liked meeting you lot, going on the river and said she wouldn't have missed LotR for the world. Was a bit tight time wise in the end. Got to YHA, changed and just made the start with about a min to spare. Glad mum convinced me to leave when we did. She survived okay though (for those who don't know she had a heart attack about 3 weeks ago). Got a bike taxi the last bit of the way there. Didn't do much on sun. other than fly home. Personally still wish people would do plain sandwiches (yuck yuck BA ones on way home). Had to go for Duck with sauce in Grenwich as it was all I could see that I thought I'd eat.

Will try and post again soon and in a bit more detail. Looks like even my concise posts end up rather long. Better get to bed now as have to get up earlier tomorrow as don't have a car to use at the moment. Dad's giving me a lift tomorrow, used rather expensive public transport today (trains). Getting a quote for new boot lid tomorrow. Not contacted insurance company yet. Think it might be too expensive to do otherwise though. Anyone know where to get a cheep Daihatsu Charade boot door?

Off sailing this weekend. (Level 1 RYA Dingy Course.) Will try and post again soon. All the best, a rather busy, David. Who is still getting followed by a particular student. Now happening when we go out. I seem to be a surrogate mum. (He has problems leaving her.) Was on a residential 3 days last week and everytime I left the room he followed me. Had fun stopping him following me into the toilets! Still he's a nice lad and has come on an awful long way since starting with us. There would be a lot worse shadows at the school. Hope everyone is well and enjoying themselves. See you all soon. So much for the short post. I seem to have done it again! :rolleyes: