Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

Anyone can come it dosent matter if you dont know anyone, l havenft actually met anyone in the flesh before, so dont be shy we wont bite!!! See you all tommorow :clap::clap:

Gutted your not coming Enid but l totally understand about DS, it is impossible to leave them and relax when they are not good. Sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Maybe we can meet another time.

Hi Michelle, :)

We're meeting at 11:30 on Saturday 12th July at the bow of the BOW (Burnt Out Wreck) - The same place as last year. The people currently coming are:

Baggy

Baggy (Mr)

Baguette 1

Baguette 2

Baguette 3

Bard

Bid

DMB

Hev

Kathryn

llisa32

Mumble

NickiSmith

Pearl

Pearl's JP

Sallya

Sallya's ickle ones

SG

SG's Mum

SG's Friend Robin

Smiley

Smiley's Friend L

Soraya

Tally

Warren if he escapes Croydon

We plan to go to the park for a picnic and may split up later. However, the weather is not looking great, and if Pearl's praying to the picnic angel doesn't work, we may need to take cover, inwhich case the National Maritime Museum and/or Observatory have been suggested as they are both free so we can pop in and out depending on the weather and the NMM at least has a cafe.

***N.B. Canoes are optional for this meetup. Wellies are not. ***

Just a thought - dunno how we do this, if enough people have others mobile numbers, but if it is absolutely deluging at the meet-up time, there is a St**bucks coffee place very near the ship (you should be able to see it) where people could meet and decide on a plan.

Mumble, sorry not been around much of late and I had originally said I would come, see I am not on the list, so guess you have realised I am not longer coming.

I am so very sorry to be missing you all and hope there will be another opportunity in the near future to catch up and finally meet you guys.

Have a great day tomorrow !

Clare x x x

Mumble, sorry not been around much of late and I had originally said I would come, see I am not on the list, so guess you have realised I am not longer coming.

I am so very sorry to be missing you all and hope there will be another opportunity in the near future to catch up and finally meet you guys.

Have a great day tomorrow !

Clare x x x

No problem Clare - see you next year - same time, same place, less rain :lol: Or if you fancy it we're doing York on the 9th August - Baggy's in charge of that one, so if it rains then, you can blame her :whistle:

it is impossible to leave them and relax when they are not good. Sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Maybe we can meet another time.

Its not only that, NOBODY will have him at the mo, just a close friend but not if I was far away, shame really cos when he`s "normal" ! like tonight he is SOOO LOVELY.

Have just been allocated a social worker so hoping I will get some support/repsite. Have a lovely time :thumbs: Enid

Hope you all have a fandabydoozy time tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing all about it :D

Flo' XX

I'm almost packed, and I've planned my train journey. I should get to Greenwich station at 11.07, so I don't know if that allows me enough time to get to the meeting place by 11.30, or if I might be a bit late. I have several phone numbers, so I can ring someone if you decide to move on because of the weather.

Thanks Fran, I may seem a little spacey today (even more than usual) as I haven't had any sleep. I was too nervous about meeting so many new people plus I find it really difficult to sleep anywhere that isn't home. :wacko:

Just leaving home and ITS SUNNY!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::clap::clap:

Sssssshhhhhhhhhh, don't jinx things, it looks like my reverse psychology with the weather is working :thumbs: :thumbs: It's windy, but it dry and sunny with blue sky. It did rain loads here last night however, so anyone who hasn't left yet would be advised to bring something waterproof to sit on as the grass could be very soggy.

Haha, look, no one online, I wonder where everyone is? :unsure: Oh, that's right, they're travelling back from the lovely meet-up in glorious sunshine :D :D :lol:

I really enjoyed myself, thanks everyone, thanks for the picnic Bard (and let me know when choccy brownies are next on the menu :lol::eat:) and whatever anyone says, I did not try to drown Lisa in the lake - the fact that the boat was a little slanted to her side and taking in water rapidly was nothing to do with me :whistle::devil:

Oh, and I suppose I should apologise to the mods, I think you may be a mod down, I lost Tally :oops: I thought she was in the group going to the market rather than up the hill ...

Hope you all had a great day - and BOY didn't the sun shine later in the day! (assuming Greenwich wasn't that different to TW!)

Did you all meet up by the burnt out wreck okay? Personally, I think that's a really awful way to speak about bard, but at least it gave you a common point of reference :whistle::devil:

Look forward to seeing some piccies :)

:D

Both my mum and I had a great time today. My mum enjoyed herself so much that she is going to join the forum :thumbs: I took some pictures on the digital camera but won't be able to upload them until Tuesday. :thumbs:

I took some pictures on the digital camera but won't be able to upload them until Tuesday. :thumbs:

Hi SG (and others) - just to avoid the probs we had last year which put a bit of a damper on a really good day, please do not post any pictures of people on the forum unless you have their express permission to do so - I'm a bit tetchy (shh, Lisa, I heard that!! :P) about keeping my identity private on the forum, so really don't want any pictures of me put on the forum where anyone can access them - thanks :D

Hi all,

I too really enojoyed today and putting faces to names - it was great to meet up >:D<<'>

Re the boat.....funny how we had to 'change' boats cos apprently the first one had 'dodgy' steering...**said the captain*** :whistle: then the next one we got mysteriously let in tons of water on my side 'alledgedly' cos I was heavier! :whistle::P - never mind - I got a pina colada by way of consolation for my wet backside and very nice it (they ;) was too!! >:D<<'>

Really good to meet everyone and hope the rest all got back safely too >:D<<'>

im so gutted i couldnt go but due to k being sick i couldnt chance it,glad you had a good time :thumbs:

was it quiet without me mumble? :P

Had a really nice day, it was so good to see everyone in the flesh!! Thanks Mumble for organising the day it was great :notworthy::notworthy: So sorry not to see you Hev, hope katie gets better soon, maybe next year?

Sorry you couldn't come Hev. I'm saying nowt about the quiet - I'll only get in trouble :P

Great to see everyone, :thumbs:. Miraculously the sun shone quite a lot, :thumbs::thumbs: and O said "that was a really great day out Mum". :)

Mumble and Lisa, so near yet so far! :rolleyes: Sorry not to see you - we were late arriving.

Hev - bad luck, hope Katie's getting better.

K x

that was the annoying thing k,she was sick at 4 am and i thought oh i cant be doing with a sick child on a train and then had visions of her being sick in the park,needless to say,she wasent sick again!!im defo coming next year though

:clap::dance::D

LOVELY to see everyone! :D The weather was perfect! (when we eventually got there....via Trafalgar Square... Harrods.... *no giggling DMB :shame: *)

Hev, :( we missed you (and Bid >:D<<'> & BD >:D<<'> ).......... it was soooo quiet! :devil::o

We ended up watching Mamma Mia at 11pm last night..... the majority of the 15 strong audience was slightly tipsy :whistle: - so we all had a dance and a sing-song!

And today............ sparklie shopping! :clap:

oh i really want to see mama mia,i saw a prog on it the other day,did you enjoy it smiley?

(when we eventually got there....via Trafalgar Square... Harrods.... *no giggling DMB :shame: *)

I think hysterics, more than giggling, comes closer to the state of everyone when DMB relayed the message that the three of you were driving round Trafalgar Square with a sat nav looking for Greenwich :lol: :lol: You should have ditched your car in one of the fountains (doubles up as a car wash) and headed for the tube .... :rolleyes:

Sorry you couldn't come Hev. We missed you. Glad to hear Katie's OK now though :)

I enjoyed Bard's picnic :) We must remember to invite Bard next year!

We must remember to invite Bard next year!

:oops: Did we forget this year? Knew there was something I was missing - I packed sausage rolls, forks, plates, picnic rug, train ticket, map, ginger bread men made from real ground ginger people, mobile numbers and a people list but couldn't work out why my bag had a Bard shaped space and was too light ... :whistle::ph34r:

I think hysterics, more than giggling, comes closer to the state of everyone when DMB relayed the message that the three of you were driving round Trafalgar Square with a sat nav looking for Greenwich :lol: :lol:

Was never any good at geography................. :ph34r::lol:

Hysterics.......yeeesssss.......... he nearly had to hand over the phone to you if i remember rightly, because he was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe!!

:oops::D

>:D<<'>

Hellooooo

Got back at 5 after lovely train journey

*note to self: find QuietZone in future, full of lovely civilised peeps who don't bellow down their mobile phones*

JP & I had a lovely lovely time, great food (thanks Bard, next year put a patio heater in that capacious bag too) :notworthy: and wonderful company. So nice to meet you all. JP really enjoyed it, said it was the best part of our weekend away. It was good for him to meet some adult Aspies & feel less alone :thumbs:

Thanks Mumble for being so organised :notworthy:

Can we do it again next summer? :pray:

Here's JP:

Thankyou. I really enjoyed myself. It was nice meeting you all.

:oops: Did we forget this year? Knew there was something I was missing - I packed sausage rolls, forks, plates, picnic rug, train ticket, map, ginger bread men made from real ground ginger people, mobile numbers and a people list but couldn't work out why my bag had a Bard shaped space and was too light ... :whistle::ph34r:

I think I just invited myself, I'm like that you know.

If you had been packing a bard in your bag, you would have needed one of robust construction with wheels on the bottom.

Or a luggage-elephant.

Terrific marble cake Tally, with all the colours separate too.

Hi everyone!!!

didnt get chance to post until now!!

Thanks for the good day!! I shall remember next year to look by the side of the Burnt out wreck rather than literally standing by the bow :lol:

JP sorry i didnt explain the driving to you! I ran out of time. maybe another time?

Glad i allowed an extra hour to get to the airport as I had a blowout on the M11 heading to stansted and had to wait for a truck to tow me to the car park!!! Got there just in time though. :lol:

We had a great time as well; but I really got it in the neck from the kids, cos to start with they were the only ones.

They beat up DMB. son asked if he could torture him; DMB said yes, can't be any worse than the kids at school, I said you were meant to say no.

Found out later, DMB thought he had said, can I talk to ya.........

Hope your son has recovered, Baggy, from Smiley scaring the life out of him....never seen such a look of horror :o when she said come over and give me a hug!!

Kathryn saved the day arriving with her son O, and the two boys had a great time playing camps and digging tunnels in the sandpit. Little girl just yakked all day long, I think she made up for Hev not being there; apparently it was more rowdy last year.......

Pearl, JP is lovely...so patient with dd...very funny when she just grabbed him and started running off across the park with him....hope he's got his breath back!

Bard, Soraya.... >:D<<'> :thumbs: thankyou for travelling up together...

and I was going to get a sat nav....but I can get lost on my own, so I won't........

s xxx

PS SG hope you got some sleep.............

Can we see some piccies of the meet up.

Please!! :pray::wub:

:)

Not publicly Fran, (or not any with people in at least) to protect people's privacy. If you pm some peeps I'm sure they'll show you some. I've not got digi but I'll try & scan some in when the film is developed ... (don't hold your breath) :lol:

We had a great time as well; but I really got it in the neck from the kids, cos to start with they were the only ones.

They beat up DMB. son asked if he could torture him; DMB said yes, can't be any worse than the kids at school, I said you were meant to say no.

Found out later, DMB thought he had said, can I talk to ya.........

Hope your son has recovered, Baggy, from Smiley scaring the life out of him....never seen such a look of horror :o when she said come over and give me a hug!!

Kathryn saved the day arriving with her son O, and the two boys had a great time playing camps and digging tunnels in the sandpit. Little girl just yakked all day long, I think she made up for Hev not being there; apparently it was more rowdy last year.......

Pearl, JP is lovely...so patient with dd...very funny when she just grabbed him and started running off across the park with him....hope he's got his breath back!

Bard, Soraya.... >:D<<'> :thumbs: thankyou for travelling up together...

and I was going to get a sat nav....but I can get lost on my own, so I won't........

s xxx

PS SG hope you got some sleep.............

It was lovely meeting you Sallya, your children were lovely. Think the exercise did JP good, tho it did make me laugh when he whispered to me, "I'm too old for this" :lol: I think secretly he quite enjoyed it though! :thumbs: I thought all the children present were fab & so well behaved.

JP is keeping his dalek sticker, he's put it on his notice board. I donated my K9 sticker to a rather beautiful gay argentinian guy I met on the tube (I have one of those faces people talk to). It was so crowded I was wedged under his armpit so he could hardly miss it, & asked me if he could have it, well if you can peel it off its yours, I said. So he did, & went happily off to club the night away wearing it. :D

im so gutted i couldnt go but due to k being sick i couldnt chance it,glad you had a good time :thumbs:

Really sorry you missed it hev, was looking forward to meeting you. Glad Katie is better now.