hev

a very happy steven!!!

steve went back yesterday no probs at all,i just got phone call from him,he managed to not walk out of the class at all today without permission,this has always been one thing he had trouble with :thumbs: he said the teacher commented on it and he sounded so happy :clap:

when he came home friday,we sat at table to eat dinner and he said mum im learning good table manners arent i,it doesnt sound much but it choked me up

it just sounds lovely to hear him happy,in about 3 weeks i can see an improvement,hes going to the gym tonight AND he said i love you mum on the phone :wub::wub:

I am so pleased for you and pleased for Steve too, I think most of all that what we want for our kids to be happy.

>:D<<'> Clare x x x

Hev so pleased, smiling really wide as I read, well done steve there too, i bet you cant believe the way things are going after the rollercoaster of a ride you have had with the last schools, it must be a really great school for Steve to want to stay in class.

Glad he is enjoying it, and that family times are now quality times together.

JsMum

Hello Hev

I don't know if I've responsded to one of your posts before but I just wanted to say that I'm really pleased for both of you. I've read lots of your previous posts and felt so bad for both of you at times. I also worry because I can see that in the future some of your problems may affect me & my family- and this sounds terrible- but I've found reading some of your posts scary & upsetting so it was so lovely to read your post :party: . I hope it continues for you both :thumbs:

Best wishes to you both

AV

this sounds terrible- but I've found reading some of your posts scary & upsetting so it was so lovely to read your post

Hev has always been honest and open when she's posted, sometimes to ask for help and advice, sometimes to give it. Occasionally just to scream or share a laugh.

She's positive proof of how important it is to face your children's needs with honesty and clear-sight, so that you can deal with whatever comes your way. I know that it can be scary to read of other people's challenges and worries, but knowledge and understanding is your best defence and way forwards.

It's not just for parents of ASD children, but any parent. I deal daily with parents of NT children who have other issues that need resolving, and some just won't accept the fact that there is any problem, and others have already given up and become passive about their role.

The children with parents who love them, warts and all are those that have a much better chance of sorting and resolving whatever is currently going on, and whatever is on its way in the future.

So Hev is a terrific person and a good parent in my opinion, and I'm pleased to know her. :thumbs::notworthy:

Let's see how she handles her DD as a stroppy teen. I'll bring popcorn... :lol:

and this sounds terrible- but I've found reading some of your posts scary & upsetting so it was so lovely to read your post :party: . I hope it continues for you both :thumbs:

i think scary and upsetting is going a bit over the top,i can only be honest about how things are going whether they are good or bad days. i wouldnt want you to be upset in the future so when you see a post of mine its best that you dont read it,probably coming across im a bit offended,i am actually,my life with steven is not scary and upsetting,the good days far outweigh the bad

i think scary and upsetting is going a bit over the top,i can only be honest about how things are going whether they are good or bad days. i wouldnt want you to be upset in the future so when you see a post of mine its best that you dont read it,probably coming across im a bit offended,i am actually,my life with steven is not scary and upsetting,the good days far outweigh the bad

Hi Hev & AV16/All...

Hev, hen, I can understand you being a bit offended at the wording, but if you think about it from AV's point of view (or the POV of anyone who has yet to deal with a teenager come to that!) some of your posts could be quite alarming! As you say, the positives more than outweigh the negs, but for peeps thinking about how they might cope with those negatives further down the line its quite natural for them to feel uneasy...

AV was, I think, pointing out how reassuring she found you recent posts, which is really lovely when you look at it in context. Reading your posts - even the ones that caused alarm - has been immensely helpful to her and others in similar positions, because they tell them they are 'not alone', and have outlined steps they can take themselves to overcome some of the difficulties. Whats happening right now - with resi school etc - is hugely positive, and also reassuring for anyone nervous about taking similar steps, because it can be really hard to see how such big and difficult decisions can pay off.

Hope that makes sense, and helps, and if it's at all reassuring can i just say i don't find Steve half as scary as I find you! :o:devil::lol:

L&P

BD :D

can i just say i don't find Steve half as scary as I find you!

Is that breathless admiration for Nick that I detect BD?

As it happens, I took av16s post in the same way as Baddads, that she was impressed with how well you have coped with all the stuff that's happened, how you did what's best for all of you, but especially Steve.

I mean, you sent him to residential even though you missed him and wanted him at home because that's what he needed to happen, even if he doesn't quite know it yet.

Teenagers are scary to those that don't have them yet. Look at some of the other parenting websites full of people, usually mums, worrying about sex, drugs, rock and roll and school results with their NT pre-teen children.

They look at those of us that have survived it so far with shiny eyes and disbelief, and many of them worry if they'll be up to it when and if it is ever their turn. They will be of course, but some are not sure.

So it's not you and your posts that are scary, but the future and how we all deal with the stuff that's on its way.

Don't get grumpy, sit back, have a drink and think that there are people out here that think you're doing a good job, including av16! >:D<<'> >:D<

Hi Hev & AV16/All...

Hev, hen, I can understand you being a bit offended at the wording, but if you think about it from AV's point of view (or the POV of anyone who has yet to deal with a teenager come to that!) some of your posts could be quite alarming! As you say, the positives more than outweigh the negs, but for peeps thinking about how they might cope with those negatives further down the line its quite natural for them to feel uneasy...

AV was, I think, pointing out how reassuring she found you recent posts, which is really lovely when you look at it in context. Reading your posts - even the ones that caused alarm - has been immensely helpful to her and others in similar positions, because they tell them they are 'not alone', and have outlined steps they can take themselves to overcome some of the difficulties. Whats happening right now - with resi school etc - is hugely positive, and also reassuring for anyone nervous about taking similar steps, because it can be really hard to see how such big and difficult decisions can pay off.

Hope that makes sense, and helps, and if it's at all reassuring can i just say i don't find Steve half as scary as I find you! :o:devil::lol:

L&P

BD :D

oh shut up bighead :P

Is that breathless admiration for Nick that I detect BD?

As it happens, I took av16s post in the same way as Baddads, that she was impressed with how well you have coped with all the stuff that's happened, how you did what's best for all of you, but especially Steve.

I mean, you sent him to residential even though you missed him and wanted him at home because that's what he needed to happen, even if he doesn't quite know it yet.

Teenagers are scary to those that don't have them yet. Look at some of the other parenting websites full of people, usually mums, worrying about sex, drugs, rock and roll and school results with their NT pre-teen children.

They look at those of us that have survived it so far with shiny eyes and disbelief, and many of them worry if they'll be up to it when and if it is ever their turn. They will be of course, but some are not sure.

So it's not you and your posts that are scary, but the future and how we all deal with the stuff that's on its way.

Don't get grumpy, sit back, have a drink and think that there are people out here that think you're doing a good job, including av16! >:D<<'> >:D<

oh you are right bard,but i didnt like to be thought of as scary and upsetting which is how i took it which on reflection isent what she meant

av16 dont ignore my posts love,they are far too good to be missed :whistle:>:D<<'>

Hi Hev

Sorry that I didn't word my post as well as I should :unsure: The comment above says it so much better that I did. I think you have done an amazing job dealing with everything that's happened to you all. It's good to see that things get better for some of us.

All the best to you

AV

hello av16 :thumbs: you dont have to say sorry for the way you worded your post,i should have read your post better before i stomped away on my keyboard and sent you my reply!!

this is the best its been for me and steve right now,we are very happy,i know there might be tough times ahead but im taking each day at a time and steve is happier than hes been in years,still a typical kevin teenager but i can handle kevin behaviour any day!! take care love hev >:D<<'>