hev

it all went wrong

well steve phoned the ex in laws and they told the ex and he gave steven a very quick ring to say yes i will give permission,didnt ask how he was or nothing,steven is very upset,i think he was hoping for maybe contact with his dad. i did tell steve he didnt need permission but i think he was really thinking the ex might be interested,after the call he put his arms round my dad and burst out crying,i had feeling this would happen,steven going bk to school today,ive phoned the school to tell em sitchuation but i feel so angry towards the ex and so upset for steve

Hev, the children I've known who have chosen to take a different name have used it as a way of moving on and redefining themselves.

When I read your first posts about it, I hoped that that was what Steve was doing, new start and new school and seeing that many choices are his to make and under his control.

It's always hard and painful to grow up, especially for those who haven't been loved by a birth parent as they should, He will come to realise that you and Katie and Nick are his true family, and those that love him come what may, and despite the fact that he sometimes lets you down. You won't give up on him, ever.

So a new name is a good thing, and he will come to terms with his father's response because he has you lot to fill the void.

Well what an absolute bleep bleep, for any grown up let alone a parent to be so uncaring is beyond words, Steve will move on from this as he has you and your family to love and support him, as you say he may have been hoping for a reunion but now he sees what his birth father is really like it might help him to move on. wishing you all well and lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

its very sad but at least he now knows the situation

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D<

Hopefully he can learn to accept it, albiet a bit dissapointed rather than hoping for something thats not likely to happen!!

Have you talked to the ex? might be worth making it clear to the ex that what he says has deep impact and he needs to MEAN it when he says he dont want contact and not screw with steves mind later on.

I had this with my dad who wanted nothing to do with me even when my mummy died and now suddenly hes got back in contact and wants a relationship suddenly because he is dying of CJD/BSE/mad cow disease. Obviously he wants to settle his guilt before his death!

HUGS AND TLC I have tried very hard to type a few supporting words but Im struggling so sending you some hugs, I cant understand why his father wont let him go with your surname, if he wants nothing to do with Steve, surely there must be some law like in america, could he divorce his dad or something similiar Ive seen.

JsMum