Sign in to follow this  
mrs q

What Tv programmes do people like?

(sorry bit bored waiting an auction to finish on ebay....)

I really like medical dramas

Love the series HOUSE that shown on channle 5 & hallmark.

Also ER.....also watch casualty...though do not watch Holby city....though there is another one starting on Living Tv on Monday.

Really got into the Desperate Housewives....

And now go into Lost....

The only soap I watch is eastenders...but there is usually half heartly while sorting the kids out for bed.

right back to ebay....

Blimey! you are bored :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love watching those house makeover programmes, also escape to the country.

Probably like them because my house needs a makeover and I need to escape to wherever. :lol:;)

Brook

Family Guy+King Of The Hill (both on Fx289)

Gamer TV (on Bravo)

The newer episodes of South Park (Paramount)

Futurama (Sky1/mix)

Daria (MTV2)

Beavis And Butthead (on MTV2 sometimes)

Anyone else like Family Guy?

It is underrated,like futurama,the simpsons gets all the hype.

Edited by TuX

I've just fiisihed watching 2 eposodes of Lost, it's really good! :thumbs: I have a close friend in America who watched that series (it's finished there now) and she says it's excellent viewing! :)

I also like watching The Apprentice USA, real life fly on the wall stuff like Strretcrime, Trauma etc. Eastenders i tend to watch in drips and drabs, getting a bit bored now of the dragging story lines like with Corrie too! :whistle:

I've just fiisihed watching 2 eposodes of Lost, it's really good! :thumbs: I have a close friend in America who watched that series (it's finished there now) and she says it's excellent viewing! :)

It would have to be or else the production team would have got in trouble-it being the most expensive TV series ever created. :D

:lol::lol: How did the auction go??????I like Most Haunted :ph34r: .......Americas Next Supermodel........Lost..........Catherine Tate Show.....and the new Ricky Gervais show Extras..... :thumbs: .....and thats it :thumbs: .......when I,m not watching Dora The Explorer :whistle: .....the wiggles. :whistle: ....peppa pig. :whistle: .......max and ruby. :whistle: .....CBBBC :whistle: ....time team :whistle: .....top gear :whistle: .....discovery channel :whistle: ...and anything else the kids :devil::wallbash: have on....... :ph34r: very often I hibernate in the bath with O.K magazine :o:wub: ..........

Super nanny is something I like to watch.

Maybe because it makes me feel better :devil: . Watching seemingly NT kids behave worse than mine :thumbs: Sorry folks, that's probably unforgivable but I can't help it.

Lauren

I love House on Hallmark and Ch 5, getting warmed up for X Factor - had such a laugh last Sat watching it with the kids. They (twins age 4) are now convinced we are going on (all 4 of us - mum dad and kids :lol::lol: ) and we are either going to sing Batman or Amarillo B)

Elaine

i like medical progs too, but factual ones like trauma. Love reality progs too. i like to just let tv wash over me and not to get oo involved lol.

also like corrie and used to love brookside.

progs like super nanny and wife swap B)

Did you see Supernanny last night.....?

WOW thought Jo was going to lose it with that woman.....

Also love Extreme Makeover Home edition

In America they do a wedding edition

That Extreme Makeover makes me cry everytime, its brilliant (and yes I'm a softy) all the home make over programmes are good, but upset me when I then look at mine and can only dream of having one of these 'show homes'

Love medical programmes but banned from watching them when my other half is home as he has a thing about the blood etc

Parenting, Teen angels, Little angels, Supernanny etc etc all very good

Soap operas I find tricky as most of the time the kids are still awake when its on, and when the repeats on something else I want to watch is, so I get lost off with the story lines. Must get Sky+ :rolleyes:

But the most watched in my house by the adults especially are car programmes, motorbike programmes, the likes of scrap heap challenge etc aswell. :thumbs:

Edited by lil_me

Hi,

have been resisting answering this thread,but here goes, my trashy telly viewing;

ER (fav)

Bodies (2nd fav)

Without a Trace

Six Feet Under

casualty

holby

Lost ( I am )

trauma

cash in the Attic

diagnosis murder

and lots of soaps that I never see the whole way through, infact you can say that for all of the above !

How about what we're reading ? I'm reading John Irving's latest 'Until I find You' it's great if disturbing in parts.

wac

I'm re-reading all the Harry Potter's. I read the last one and decided to start them all again as there's loads of clues in the previous books about what the final outcome might be. I have a theory about the last book. Any other Harry Potter fans or do you all think I'm a saddo??? :lol:

Lauren

Love Harry potter.....

Was not impressed by the half blood prince though.....hope the last book is better.

The only thing I think is odd about HP is he has no other relatives on the Potter side....so wondering if any of them will show up.....

Love Bodies as well.....forgot about that one.....

Any hospital programmes, reality or not.

LOST, really into this and am tempted to buy the whole series on ebay, sad i know

some of the soaps, but dont watch them religiously every night as i dont get time, NEVER watch tv in the daytime as the kids hog it!!!!

Michelle

Bad Lads Army is good, I like that one, its just finding the time as everyone says to keep up with whats happening. Also a day time no no as the kids take over the TV all day :rolleyes:

90% of my reading at the minute is on Autism, ADHD and other medical things, but same with TV its finding the time.

My youngest son loves Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, and admittedly so do I.

I also like the 'We love 1980s' etc style programmes which go through the toys and music and TV of that time, but of nostalgia :D

Edited by lil_me

WOW YOU LOT MUST HAVE SQUARE EYES I NEVER GET TIME TO SIT AND WATCH IT BY THE TIME MY 3 GO TO BED I JUST WANT TO CRAWL INTO MINE AS WELL BUT USED TO WATCH NYPDBLUE SIX FEET UNDER AND A BRILL ONE ON SKY1 STARTING AGAIN ON TUES27TH CALLED 4400 ABOUT ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT DISAPPEARED IN THE 1 NITE AND HAVE ALL CAME BACK YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! HAHA KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX :whistle::whistle::whistle:

For Mrs Q,

'Bodies' starts again on sept 14th, might be on bbc3 again, not sure. Keith Allen has said this is the last series he will be doing which is a shame cos he had some great one-liners.

Need to read HP again cos had forgotten much of the past books by the time I read the latest ! (think 'sieve' or more accurately 'colander', my brain is mush) My eldest two have both re-read all the HP books over the last 5 weeks, I have to wait my turn !!

wac (looking forward to chatting about 'bodies',can't wait !)

Excellent love Bodies....

Almost love No Angels about the nurses....thatmakes me laugh so loud...i have to be careful not to wake the kids......

forgot about No Angels, I just loved that, my other half always used to comment about the amount of swearing in it , but I think that he was just being sexist, and expected better from us 'ladies' !!

I've enjoyed the Round the World in 80 Treasures series hosted by Dan Cruickshank. I like the programmes about London on a Tuesday evenings with Adam Hart-Davies.

I like to watch political programmes such as Question Time and This Week with Andrew Neil.

I have such poor powers of concentration that not much seems to permeate the little grey cells, as Poirot would say. I like detective dramas, Columbo being my favourite. I like Dalziel & Pascoe, Inspector Morse, A Touch of Frost, Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Poirot, Miss Marple & Sherlock Holmes with Basil Rathbone. I'm looking forward to Messiah 4 which is being shown tomorrow (Sunday evening) and features the incredible acting talents of Ken Stott.

i agree with you jonathan i am sooooooooo looking forward to messiah 4 thought the others were great also love charmed can't wait till the new series starts and sky plus is a bonus as i can tape them and watch them when the kids go to bed or out with there dad :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I love motorbikes and tomorrow is the GP from Brno and my big lad (22 year old trainee lawyer) is coming over to watch it.

We are a bike mad family.

I love bad lads army. I like to see the lads metamorphose into these boy that were the chrebus that their mums gave birth to!

I also like to look at the bums and willies :lol::wacko::lol::lol::lol:

HelenL

Sorry - cherubs!

It is quite nice because their mums will get back those lovely kids that they lost a a few years ago,

As a mum who lost her son to the 'dark years of puberty and beyond', I love to see the good lads that they really are, return.

Best wishes

HelenL

Tux, my son loves family guy and has them on dvd. I like supernanny because it makes me feel like a good parent (I'm not) Having said that we don't actually have a tv and only have one to watch vids and dvds. So the only tv tv we watch is when we are on hols or at someones house. My 5yr old loves ready steady cook for some bizarre reason. i like the weakest link because i would like to be as rude as Anne Robinson. Love Kat

I love to watch Holby City. When it is on, I either send my hubbie upstairs to watch the portable tv or do the ironing or he can go to the pub.

Answer machine also goes on and I don't answer the phone!

I'm surprised how many American shows you watch over there! I like British night on our public TV station on Saturdays with As Time Goes By and Keeping Up Appearances. :lol: I haven't seen the original UK Ricky Gervais The Office but the American wannabe isn't half bad, surprisingly because we usually mess things up when we try to copy your hits.

Desperate Housewives should start back up soon (here anyway), woo hoo!

Did anyone watch extras.....

really enjoy it it was so different to the office....and I love the guest stars.... B)

Also watch 'where the the heart is'...what extreme I have in my viewing patterns....

Watch the first one last night of grey's anthomy very good.....

TV? I think I saw it once...

The only thing I watch regularly is Holby City, not because it's a particularly good programme but it's the only thing that's fairly grown-up and on at a reasonable hour. I'm in bed by nine so I miss all the good stuff, and I've given up on recording programmes to watch later cos it just never happens.

I like Ray Mears Bushcraft as well (now how sad is that?!) but haven't a clue when it's on, just catch it if it's there.

Karen

x

Hasn't Messiah 4 turned out brilliantly so far shell? Wow! Final instalment tonight. That vicar who had his chest caved in with the masonry :o

mrs q - Extras has been brilliant, I especially liked the 'racism' one with Samuel L Jackson in it. Wonderfully politically incorrect :clap:

HI KARENT RAY MEARS BUSHCRAFT IS ON SUNDAYS AT 8:00 BBC2 JUST BEFORE YOUR BED IM IN BED BY 10 USUALLY JUST TO LET U KNOW KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX

Hiya,

I'm loving Lost too, when i remember to watch it!

Re-reading all of Torey Hayden books at the moment. Read them all years ago whilst doing my training but re-reading now, making more of an impact now i have a son with AS - just can't put them down! (She's a special needs teacher in the US, writes about some of the children she's taught) Facinating stuff..

Two things that have really made me laugh recently were an ugly kitten photo on Jonathon Ross' show (MUCH funnier than it sounds!) and Ricky Gervais as a camp Pantomime dame...

To be honest, I'm actually a bit annoyed with Ricky Gervais, 'cos he's such a smug sod, and I liked to believe he'd just struck lucky with 'the office'. Extras has been excellent so far, so I've got to admit (grudgingly), that he's got much more talent than I'd really like to give him credit for! Still, I'm sure he's not worrying what i think as he signs another multi-million deal with NBC or whoever!

L&P

BD :D

Anyone watch Paul Merton's 'Perfect Night In' on bbc2 last night ?

There were some really funny clips from the good old days, ie. the nostalgic ones ! and the episode of 'Steptoe and Son' with Leonard Rossiter seemed so much funnier now I'm a grown-up.

The film he chose 'The Magic Christian' was just so of it's time, that I was creased up with laughing,in between spotting the stars in it !

Extras has been great, the episode with Ross Kemp was a real joy, I'd never imagined this bloke being able to take the p*** out of himself.

On a sadder note, I think 'Six Feet Under' has lost it's touch, it's a great loss to send this show off to it's own funeral parlour.

wac

We recently lost all TV and internet access for nearly a week (thanks NTL :wallbash: )

The kids, usually adicted to Nickelodious, Cartoon Nitwork, Toonbami, etc, didn't bat an eyelid :blink:

The reason?

I recently picked up every episode of Reboot (a kids cartoon from 10 years ago). Funny and exciting for the kids, even funnier for the adults (I'd forgotten just how many film and TV spoofs were in it).

Well worth picking up on ebay (if you can play US DVDs) or bittorrent. :lol:

Ironically (it was the first ever computer generated kids show) after they spent mountains of money getting the pictures to state-of-the-art broadcast quality, we're all happy to watch it at 640x480 pixels. :rolleyes: