pookie170

The Batcave

Suze and marshmallow... Both goldfish died within hours of each other. I'd noticed after I cleaned the bowl out they were darting around as if they were distressed... I thought they would settled down but the next morning Furry Frank was dead.... I changed the water again and put in the stress coat and put Freddie back in but he died within hours :( I have been today and spent about an hour with someone in the pet shop who knew what they were talking about; I've set up the bowl with special stuff and all sorts of gadgets for testing the water and Luke and I are going after school to get two more. The boys are alarmingly unpeterbed by the demise of Frank and Freddie :huh: But I was quite upset... Not because I was attached to the fish.. but I felt I'd let the fish down by not providing the right environment :blink: Now I have gold fish guilt to add to all the other negative vibes I have floating around my psyche :lol: It's become a challenge that I can keep this next consignment alive for longer than 2 weeks and I will make it my personal goal to keep them healthy and happy :D

Lauren

Thanks Sally for the clue but where do you insert the word stiff??..............can someone send me the rhyme complete???..........cos I,m not there at all :huh:

:fight:

Fighting and fisticuffs here in the Cave?

I shall have to ask you, young man, to behave

Like myself: with more style, poise and decorum

To protect the young innocents here on the forum.

Charming young womenfolk are too dainty to hear

Such testosterone boastings, I heartily fear

So let us move on and out of the ring

I hear dandy racquetball is now quite the thing.

So let us adjourn to a nice shady spot

Out of their sight and out of earshot

And there we can get to the crux of the matter:

Which one is older and which one is fatter?

And when we conclude I guarantee without fail

I'll surrender as ever to the great alpha male. :notworthy:

oh look, a sonnet :whistle:

:lol:

said NEMO unto BADDAD

"I'm a lover, not a fighter"

"Well I thought we were wrestling,

Get off you cheeky blighter!" :o;);)

L&P

BD :D

.................................Suze runs screaming and wailing into the Batcave :o ?????!!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!.......................She yells "you,ll never believe this guys ...........I,ve just been down to Tesco,s for my weekly supply of mags :dance: .........and guess what I found on the Wines and Spirits aisle????..................." :huh::blink::unsure: .............Suze is met with a few puzzled expressions..........

"you don,t know do you??..............o.k. o.k. .......I,ll tell you..........Tesco have only started doing Italian Pinot Grigio in a 3 ltr box :o......... :dance: .............it,s brill news isn,t it ...........just think of all the trips to the bottle bank that,ll save .......we can just get Judgey to sit on the boxes and squash em instead eh voila!!.............

Just then a loud knocking on the Batcave front door..................

"Wonder who that is " says Legs as she opens the door and is met by a smartly dressed man in a Tesco Home Delivery sky blue boiler suit..........."oh that,ll be my supplies " smiles Suze :rolleyes: ............"no need for a cork screw now pass me a straw"

............"no need for a cork screw now pass me a straw"

straw, STRAW??? Too much effort! You just put the box on the side of the coffee table, lay underneath it with your mouth open and sellotape the little plunger down!! Straws indeed! ;)

.............................".did someone mention a virtual virgin??!!!!!!!!!!".....................judgey awakes from his saturday night session thinking he is hearing things.......................................quick as a flash Keyholekate is led to safety and a lovely mug of cappio cinio and a hobs nobs ...........The angels sit her down and begin to explain all........................about the cave :D .............................. :rolleyes:

Keyholekate (love the name - brings back happy memories)

If you've ever tried cooking lentils or split peas in a pressure cooker without any oil, you should understand the batcave. The pressure builds and builds till it has to go somewhere, then suddenly there you are - no pressure and a weird sticky mess dripping from the ceiling :hypno:

Think of it as therapy for the people who scare therapists :bat::devil:

enjoy

nemo (cinders)

So anyone who enters the batcave is bonkers?

I should feel right at home, I'll keep watching until I can understand what you're all on about.

Do I see some innuendo or maybe it's just a bit too subtle? - being a good Catholic girl I find it hard!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the introduction. I'll be watching.

.....................Judgey jumps up from his horizontal position beneath the Batcave coffee table, pinot grigio dripping from his mouth and a straw lodged betwix his teeth.................he lets out a loud .......................FNAR FNAR .............."NOW NOW ..............I know I,m hearing things............YAK YAK............did I hear someone say "a good catholic girl finding it hard??"...............he looks round suspiciously ...........Legs and Suze immeadiately take control of the situation and lead him off into the de-briefing room before he can cause any offense .................apologises Bat cave dwellers :D .

I'll keep watching until I can understand what you're all on about.

keyholekate................

I've been here for a year and the batcave still confuses the begesus outa me...... :wacko::wacko::lol:

'Anyone who enters the batcave bonkers??' - Yup, that about sums it up. :lol::thumbs:;)

You don't have to be bonkers to post here, but it Yip Yip frazzle Frazzle hatstand (wibble)

(and you just can't catch 'em when they do!!) :D;)

ouchie ouchie ouchie....

Well, first day of ben's summer hols, and what a lovely sunny day... soooo

Cycled all the way to the local reservoir (about 5 miles - all downhill). Fed geese and were hilariously attacked much to our own and onlookers amusement... You know that scene in jurrasic park II where all the littluns are chasing that guy up the riverbed?? Luckily these geese only had the usual soft ridge'teeth' so we escaped with out lives - JUst! Then we did some tree climbing, general park apparatus and woods walking... and then we came home: 5 MILES ALL UPHILL!!!!!!!! After 20yds ben gave up cycling for pushing... 20yds further he gave up pushing for whinging, leaving me with two bikes to push uphill for 5 miles, he agreed to carry the 'backpack' (drinks) and did so brilliantly for the next 20yds, when he gave it back to me. 20yds further on, he took his helmet off and put that on me...

So I've finished my day by dragging two bikes uphill for five miles wearing a backpack and a 'Hot Wheels' skid lid while being nagged by a sweaty nine year old who's 'feet, knees and ankles' ache...

Every cockle-sized excuse for a muscle on my poor decrepit body is screaming for radox and an early night (and/or embalming!) and I feel like I've just taken a damn good kicking from 'The Muscles From Brussels' and his bigger sister Gerdha! And tomorrow it's going to feel like Arnie and Sly joined in too :(:(

How many weeks to go? 6 and a half? i ain't EVER gonna make it :tearful::tearful::tearful:

L&P

BD...

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good

I'd give it to you if i could

But I've borrowed it

etc etc

Edited by baddad

I love the batcave but I'm not quite bonkers enough to participate very often.

I actually read the lot from the beginning when I first joined :o and still get lost in it all :lol:

Zemanski

I love the batcave but I'm not quite bonkers enough to participate very often.

I actually read the lot from the beginning when I first joined :o and still get lost in it all :lol:

Zemanski

You're not the only one! :lol:

>:D<<'> Bads........did no one offer you a lift as they drove past you up the hill??...........If I,d have driven past I,d have stopped and given you a lift, you poor exhausted thing :P

:huh: ..............hhhmmm had,nt thought of that......................and I bet he would have been really sweaty aswell......... :huh: .................lycra+sweat+heat+hill climb+baddad= :ph34r: ..........bads just think of all the calories you burned :D

Joke of the week -

Just watched Roddy Doyles 'The Van' on telly...

wonderful line where they're catering for a couples anniversary dinner...

Dere callin' fer der wine

Black or Blue?

:lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

:huh: ................sorry Bads but I,m having the same old problem again.........don,t get it :blink: .........is it irish and whats the black and blue?

:huh: ................sorry Bads but I,m having the same old problem again.........don,t get it :blink: .........is it irish and whats the black and blue?

Me too :oops::D

BD :lol::lol:

I've been giggling at a card a friend sent me today...

(the interesting thoughts of Edward Monkton...)

Friendship.

The garlic is a friend of the carrots the carrots are friends of the potato the onion is fickle and cannot decide where her loyalties lie and has hence formed a loveless but practical alliance with everyone except the broccoli. Do not ask about the broccoli it will only make you cry

:blink::lol::clap:

Suze Lauren...

Before the British palette learned to appreciiate the intricacies and subtleties of (i.e.) the Pinot/Cabernet/Merlot grape varieities there was only one sort of wine that sold in any quantity, and verilly it was ######!

The two top sellers were a rather tolkenesque 'tower' and a rather saucy but devoted divine bride... we're talking 'mother's milk' here! :lol::lol::lol:

Smiler - Broccolli :(:( sad, but true...... :(:( And as for that onion :o:o:o:shame: HUSSY!!!!

L&P

BD :D:lol::lol:

Guest hallyscomet
Smiler - Broccolli :(:( sad, but true...... :(:( And as for that onion :o:o:o:shame: HUSSY!!!!

L&P

BD :D:lol::lol:

How sexist, the onion could also be a male :o:o a CAD, :shame::shame::whistle::lol::rolleyes:B)

:shame:

Edited by hallyscomet

Hailey, it was a lady onion and her name was Diana... In the veggie rack there are another three : Carlo's (he's Spanish), Hiawatha ( a red skin) and Samson (very strong).......

One thing you can say about that baddad - he knows his onions!! :P:lol::lol:;)

Sorry.... I'll get me coat...... :(

L&P :D:devil:

Hailey, it was a lady onion and her name was Diana... In the veggie rack there are another three : Carlo's (he's Spanish), Hiawatha ( a red skin) and Samson (very strong).......

Not to mention Percy - he was pickled :lol:

Guest hallyscomet

:oops::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by hallyscomet

I think it's the stress of getting the kids back to school!

Anyway Tatters is still about - she's come out of summer hibernation all set for another round of school battles, homework meltdowns and packed lunch paddies. Ah joy :D

Roll on half term.

Roll on half term.

:lol::lol: Well said! - nice to 'see' you back >:D<<'>

Are the superheros coming out to play now.........? :unsure:

Could do with some entertainment whilst i drag my sorry behind through the proposed statement - it's like nails down a chalkboard..... :hypno::hypno::hypno::lol: ....watching paint dry......... :huh: IRONING :sick:

"Save me Judgy and co - your my only hope"

*Said with danish buns strapped to head......*

:blink:

Tis lonely in 'ere. thought id don traffic cone and join the fun but i can barely get through the door fer cobwebs...come on ladies and JT, lets fire up the karaoke, grab the herb nerbs and pinot, and perhaps if we beg hard enough cinders might come through and get rid of the dust bunnies :pray:

Hmph - Mel, i don't think they want to play :crying::P

Shirley there has to be a 'swear'ing (geddit??? Sorry!) in ceromony for Mossie?? :dance:

Does he get his own codpiece? Maybe a fetching pair of platforms??

This just isnt on....... where does Cinders keep vishnu-nu?? and does that codpiece have mould on it??? what on earth has the judge been doing?