hev

pancakes

making pancakes with steve when he gets in,only thing i can think of to put on top is sugar,ive gone blank(nothing new there!!)what savoury topping can i put on?

Oh dear, after reading that link, I feel a slight lazy person. :(

This year I've cheated and let that nice old 'aunt' lady cook them for me and freeze them up

so I could go straight in the shop and get a bag out of the freezer. :whistle::whistle:

A little sprinkle of sugar and a splash of lemon, and hopefully you wont tell the difference. :unsure::P

Well, you know how busy I am these days, haven't got time to stand there making pancakes!

Okay, I'll come clean and admit the fact that my own pancakes are really yuk! :lol::lol:

Brook

I hate the smell of pancakes.

Martin came down this morning and despite the fact he always has a chicken burger or fish finger sandwich for breakfast he insisted that he had to have pancakes for breakfast and that I was the worst mum in the world because I wouldn't let him have pancakes.

Bearing in mind I hadn't uttered a word yet :lol:

So 7.30am there I am making flippin' pancakes (geddit!). I don't mind making them, they're easy enough I just hate the smell of oil. It makes me feel :sick:

Henry and I have made some already today, we were only suppoed to be making the batter for later.

We had Mushrooms in ours.

I like them with sugar and lemon, the good old traditional way. L likes syrup and cinnamon on hers, so I'll be making them later I expect (must remember to buy flour and oil :rolleyes: ).

In South Africa and Zimbabwe there used to be a chain of restaurants which just did pancakes with every kind of savoury or sweet filling you could think of. A good student hangout as the food was very cheap. I miss them. I'm surprised there's no equivalent here - pancakes are the ultimate fast food.

Melty cheese and mushrooms and a little bit of spinach on savoury ones.

Golden syrup or lemon and sugar or raspberry jam or chocolate spread on sweet ones.

Thats my favourite things, anyway.

Yumyumyum I am going to get fat again now.

GOLDEN SYRUP - here too {my favourite}

KETCHUP - yak {NT dd favourite}

CHOCOLATE BUTTONS {NT ds favourite}

Tilly

pancakes is hubbys thing, he always makes them. I can't eat savoury pancakes, don't seem right some how, must be conditioning or something. Always have mine with sugar and lemon.

Traditional dutch topping is stroop

1cup Golden Syrup, 1/2cup soft brown sugar, 1tbsp cinnamon, 1/4cup butter. Heat gently till all mixed, then cool and spread on pancakes :thumbs:

though Com is looking forward to mango salsa

1 mango, 1 onion, 2 big chillies, juice of 2 limes - well blended :blink:

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we diet! :lol:

we used to go to a pancake place in Oxford - Go Dutch - that turned out to be one of the cover businesses run by Mr Nice's wife (apparently)

the stoop there was made with cornsyrup and went on savoury and sweet alike

Z

Traditional dutch topping is stroop

1cup Golden Syrup, 1/2cup soft brown sugar, 1tbsp cinnamon, 1/4cup butter. Heat gently till all mixed, then cool and spread on pancakes :thumbs:

though Com is looking forward to mango salsa

1 mango, 1 onion, 2 big chillies, juice of 2 limes - well blended :blink:

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we diet! :lol:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm stroop :P

redberry

:sick: My tummy hurts..! I can't breath...!! :lol:

But, yum, yum, yummmmmmy, yum! :D

We had lemon juice n sugar.... strawberries, rasberries,apples,bananas,cucumber :blink: ,grapes,jam n honey (not all at once i'd like to add..... :rolleyes: ) - little monkeys a bit of a 'fruitbat' :D

Ah, Fruitbat, that most decadent of summer games! :thumbs: To play you need:

Wickets (as in cricket)

Cricket bat or tennis racquet

Assortment of soft fruits (Saturday afternoon at the market, too soft/ripe to sell are best and cheapest) - anything up to oranges, but apples are usually too hard)

Any number of players

How to play

1 person is the bowler, 1 batsman, 1 wicket keeper, everyone else is a fielder, ready to catch. Everyone takes turns - fielder -> bowler -> wicket keeper -> batsman -> fielder

The rest is obvious.

Bowl fruit at batsman. Batsman splats fruit. Fielders get sprayed. (if using tennis racquet, wicketkeeper turns into a smoothie after a few 'hits')

Everyone under the hose or in the paddling pool at the end :thumbs::clap:

I'll try to remember to repost this in July

enjoy

I'm having pancakes with bananas cooked in rum and triple chocolate ice cream.........later. Followed by a glass of wine. :wine: Followed by some indigestion tablets. :sick:

nellie,im round at yours next year,your pancakes sound well tasty!! in the end we had syrup with sugar and lemon juice,tasted so nice,my sister told me to try tuna and mayo but it didnt appeal to me at all :sick:

Hi,

Mmmmmm pancakes! Kai likes sliced banana rolled in his, or stewed apple. Groung nutmeg in the batter tastes yummy too.

Loulou x

bit late for this now but we had bananas,ice cream,and hot chocolate and toffee sauce in ours,Mmm they were good :)

In South Africa and Zimbabwe there used to be a chain of restaurants which just did pancakes with every kind of savoury or sweet filling you could think of. A good student hangout as the food was very cheap. I miss them. I'm surprised there's no equivalent here - pancakes are the ultimate fast food.

When I lived in London there was a restaurant called 'My Old Dutch' - used to serve similar to the above - enormous pancakes on 16" Delft plates - fantastic :D