smiley

Been to the Drs..

Hello,

Finally managed to drag my grumpy backside to the doctors. Why is it sooo hard to ask for help?? We had a good chat. He initially said i'm to avoid stress :blink: - then realised that's not really very likely! :huh: I've been given prozac :crying:

Thank you for all your kind words last week - gave me the push i needed to get some help.

Hopefully there will be a smiley Smiley back soon >:D<<'>

Smileymab - you'll be back on your feet in no time. I know dr's say 3 weeks to feel the effects - i started feeling better in about 6 days. must be a medical marvel. but prozac can sort the wood from the trees. Well done you - i'm rubbish at asking for help too.

thinking of you

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Charlotte polkadotty

Hello,

Finally managed to drag my grumpy backside to the doctors. Why is it sooo hard to ask for help?? We had a good chat. He initially said i'm to avoid stress :blink: - then realised that's not really very likely! :huh: I've been given prozac :crying:

Thank you for all your kind words last week - gave me the push i needed to get some help.

Hopefully there will be a smiley Smiley back soon >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Smileymab,

well done for going to the Doc. I know it can be hard telling all in 10 min appointments, but you've done the right thing. >:D<<'>

Avoid stress......... if only eh? ;)

for what it's worth i took prozac myself for around 18 months and it really did help. I know it might seem like you have to take them for a long time before effects are at their best but stick with it and you'll soon be smiley smiley again!! :thumbs:

Take care,

Kirstie. :wub:

>:D<<'>

Well done for going....it must be in the air, i finally plucked up courage to phone and have an appointment Monday am.

Hope your back on your feet soon.

tmf

x

>:D<<'> Hi Smiley >:D<<'> ,

You've done the right thing. It's a big step to open up when you are feeling so down.

I know you'll be back to your smiley self soon.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Well done for getting across to the GP how you feel. If you do not feel better in a few weeks please go back to him and ask for your medication to be reviewed.

Jen

Excellent news smiley.

I've been on prozac for over a year now (though did take it on and off for a bit before that). If it works for you (which there is no reason to think it won't) don't make the mistake I made and come off once you feel better. You have to take it for at least 12 months then come off it really gradually.

Really hope you will be feeling better soon (it's supposed to take 3 weeks but I actually started to feel better after a week).

Well done for being brave enough to talk to your GP. It's a very difficult thing to do.

Lauren :thumbs:>:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Smileymab,

Sending you lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> we often put ourselves last.

Hope you are feeling much better real soon

Love

Hailey

x >:D<<'>

Well done, Smileymab, I know how difficult it is to make that first move. I was on prozac for a while and it didn't suit me, but I went back and the GP changed me to a different type of antiDs which worked a treat.

My GP said that depression is a PHYSICAL illness which can have all sorts of effects on you. The tablets help with the physical bits and enable you to feel like you can start tackling other things that have been getting you down.

Hope you start feeling much better soon.

When Prozac works, it's something of a miracle drug, the difference it can make is amazing. Hope it proves to be so for you. >:D<<'>

Well done for going ... :clap::clap::clap:

Soon be :) and then :D and :lol: and then :thumbs: I hope!

(Don't forget that the tablets take a couple of weeks before they start to kick in fully!)

Smileymab

Well done for getting to the doctors. I did exactly the same thing before Christmas so I know how hard it can be to ask for help!

Hopefully you will find that the fact you are doing something about it will start the process of getting better.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

:tearful: Awww - you've all set me off again! :wub:Far too soppy! :rolleyes:

Thank you >:D<<'>

Jen - I have another appointment in three weeks to see how things are going.

Although - no overnight miracle cure..... i do feel so much better for getting the help.

so glad our little ray of sunshine went to the docs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> its hard to go isent it but we all need a bit of extra help sometimes,ive been on it for a good while now and i feel lot better,take care smiley love hev xx

I need to go to doc too, but can't pluck up the courage.

Feeling really down and tired lately. Could be thyroid acting up but last time I had it checked it was fine and gp said it was stress but didn't give me anything. Always seem to be cranky lately and feeling sorry for myself on bad days ,not like me at all..

Well done for getting it sorted.