Sign in to follow this  
helenl53

BBC Radio Solent 96.1 FM

Hi guys

being a bit shy, I have left it till now to say that I am on the radio tomorrow morning.

Between 5.00 am and 6.00 am they will be playing 20 second tasters of an interview that I gave today and then I am live on the Breakfast show between 7.00 am and 8.30 am.

If you are not in the BBC Radio Solent area then you can pick up the show on the puter at www.bbc.co.uk/radio

you then choose 'local radio' and then you can pick Radio Solent from the list or click ' 31 ' on the map of the UK

The subject will be inclusion and exclusions and is as a result of my exposingthe fact that in the last year, the exlusions of kids with statements has increased by 104% in our area.

Try and tune in - I need my Krism family

Love

helenL

Thanks for the heads up and congratulations for going on the radio to talk about this :).

Thanks Guys

Phas - it will be a one hit chance unfortunately as they do not seem to do 'listen again' on the local radio shows.

The Producer said she will get me a 'dub' which i think is radio speak for a taped copy.

We are madly looking around the house tonite for a cassette - remember those! - do you think we can bloodywell find one!

Have to keep the dog and the boy quiet.

The Head of Pupil Parent and Youth Services was going to be on the show as well but I got notification this evening that she has remembered that she is on holiday tomorrow!!!and will not be particpating in the broadcast.

What do you make of that then!

Smiley - there will be a radio transmitter in the 'hills' in the morning!!

I hope I do the subject justice - I really am quite nervous - you can ring in as it is a live talkshow - but I want no one ringing in saying "Get her off" - Raving ###### loonie"

Love

Helen

Helen,

In the link that I put up, there is a choice to listen live or 'listen again', dont know if it's just for

the one day or not, but you can choose what show to listen to again, is it called the breakfast show?

Brook

Edited by Brook

Brook you little beauty :notworthy:

Now I can have a lie in tomorrow :lol:

I am going to try and record it from a link provided by a friend and I will also send it round to all the stay in beds - got to punish them somehow!

Any way - I have to go to bed shortly - up at 5.45 am - got to be in make up at 6.00am :lol:

Love

Helen

By the way Brook - yes it is the breakfast show - apparently second only to Radio 2 in the mornings!

Well I will do wonders for the ratings after tomorrow :lol:

Love

helen

Go Helen Go Helen :dance::dance::dance:

The best thing about a Radio Interview is that you can wear your dressing gown and slippers if you feel like it cos no one can see you :lol::lol:

Seriously give it to em staraight and wake all of those early morning movers and shaker up enough to listen to you :thumbs:

Oracle

Helen,

There is an option on there to Email this show to a friend. :lol::lol::lol:

Happy Emailing :lol::lol:

Seriously though, I think your really brave doing this and I hope it all goes well. ;)

Brook

Hi Oracle

Well the Head of PP&YS has alreadypulled out of the show citing "has a holiday day off tomorrow" - how do you forget something like that!

They had a chance to redeem themselves but looks like they will take the cowards way out and run away from the issues.

Not the munchkins! We stand proud and look them straight in the navel.

I really must go to bed but I am getting butterflies already.

Love

Helen

Not the munchkins! We stand proud and look them straight in the navel.
:lol::lol::lol:

I really must go to bed but I am getting butterflies already.

If you are still reading then here is a little bit of thespian advice for you :o Step out side of yourself tomorrow and become a Radio Star. Take on the role and play it for all it's worth. it's sometimes easier to play it like a part in a panto :o That way you can encourage your audience to boo and hiss at the baddies even if they are on holdiay NOT!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

love

Oracle

Ive only just seen the thread too! How did you get on?????????????

Hi guys

You can listen to it again by following the link that Brook posted and selcting listen again from the right hand side of the page

I am off to listen to it - I was nervous and especially as we had a dodgy connection that kept cutti g ut - wasn't sure if I hadn't been sabotaged :lol:

Love

helen

I've just tried listen again, but they still have yesterdays show on there, they must update it

later on in the day, will try again later.

Brook :D

I've just listened to it Helen. You did a great job :notworthy::clap:

It's strange how LEAs like to stamp their authority when we are fighting for our children's education. When they are given the opportunity to answer questions 'in public' they run and hide. Speaks volumes really, doesn't it? :angry:

The representative from the LEA suddenly remembered that she had to take a days holiday today!!!!

Disgusting that they have failed to provide a reason for the increase! 104%.

Love

Helen

Way to go Hel, >:D<<'>

I did actually get up early enough to listen to it but there was a bit too much background noise going on, you did really well hel. :notworthy:

I will listen again later when I have a couple of hours to myself. :dance::P:D

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Lost for words for once :o

Brilliant way to go Munchkin >:D<<'>

Oracle

Hi Oracle,

There was another lady on there who is known to you and I and who is very pro inclusion but who perhaps previously had not looked at it from the perspective of children who are not physically impaired and I was really heartened to hear her say that inclusion is not HAPPENING! This is a bit of a turnaround from a very staunch position that she previously held and I know that she does have a voice with the movers and shakers.

We are eating that elephant - and it is slow eating it a bit at a time - but hey - Munchkins Rule!

Love

Helen

well ive just heard it all and you did us all proud helen, but then you always do :wub: its so tempting for me to go shooting my mouth off, but i could never be as objective as you.

Well done Hen,

You were brilliant!! :notworthy: Wish I could speak in public like that - my brain just turns to jelly (and my accents not as nice).

Do you think they will do a follow up?

I keep telling my hubby that we'll see you on news at ten sooner or later!

Take care,

SV

Thank you guys - I got a phone call from the HT at my sons school and she phoned in during the show to tell them what a mess my son was when he first started with them and how he now plays the drum on stage etc etc etc - and it looks like they will do the breakfast show from his school one morning in June or early July and give J the opportunity to play the drums on air!!!

I have not got a tape of the show and have only heard it once as I did not realise that it would only be available for that one day, so if anyone taped it I would be glad of a copy. They are supposed to be sending me a copy from the station but it hasn't arrived.

There was a lady on the show who said that her son was now going to be funded by her LEA at an independent school. By an amazing co-incidence, I had supported this mum some months ago when her boy was excluded. We have never met - but of all the people in all the towns! - Anyway - the school that she is being funded for is one in the New Forest and I took the opportunity to tell our LEA that is was shameful that a neighbouring LEA would fund a child there and that our LEA madea point of putting children into their own schools whether their needs could be met or not.

Well - I got a letter today telling me that to suggest that they have a policy that prevents placement anywhere other than in local schools is not true and that they hoped that I had not said this during the broadcast. They obviously knew that I had! - However, I have evidence, written by their own hands that they operate such a policy. In addition I was contacted by a parent who told me that she had asked for a placement at this New Forest School and was told that our LEA do not spend that much money on individual children, but prefer to share it out equally - that sounds like a blanket policy to me!

Anyway - thanks for the support - the reporter has asked if I would be interested in participating again - absolutely if it helps our kids!

Love

Helen

Helen so sorry I missed it. Went on the link but I think too late. Glad you 'upset' some people from the LEA. I just can't understand how some LEAs manage to fund good special schools but other LEAs give you the choice of one :angry: If they ever get to go to your sons school let us know in plenty of time so that we can get to hear the young Ginger Baker (sorry showing my age now)

Invent 10 things - Because you are local and missed it - next time you will have to go on the programme!

Love

HelenL

By the way - I now have the tape from the Beeb - I did email them to say how opinionated I sound!

Could be this month for J to do his Ginger Baker bit and will try and let you all know sooner. :lol: