hev

my positive thread

We went for a bike ride into town today. And it was good. Yep!

And we bought some rhubarb and we're going to have some of that with the leftover cheesecake from yesterday for pudding tonight. And it will be delicious. Yep!

And on our way back, Ben cycled past three 12/13 year old burberry beauties at the bus stop and I saw them nudging each other and as he went past they said 'Phwooooar, you'll do!" (he's only ten but looks about 14!) :thumbs: When we got to the top of the hill he asked 'What did they say?' and I told him and he laughed and said, 'Yo, Cool!' :lol: ...

Gotta say he is a looker :wub:

We went for a bike ride into town today. And it was good. Yep!

And we bought some rhubarb and we're going to have some of that with the leftover cheesecake from yesterday for pudding tonight. And it will be delicious. Yep!

And on our way back, Ben cycled past three 12/13 year old burberry beauties at the bus stop and I saw them nudging each other and as he went past they said 'Phwooooar, you'll do!" (he's only ten but looks about 14!) :thumbs: When we got to the top of the hill he asked 'What did they say?' and I told him and he laughed and said, 'Yo, Cool!' :lol: ...

Gotta say he is a looker :wub:

You don't know they may have been talking about you BD....do for what.....to go and buy cheep cider :whistle::whistle::whistle:

No - they verbally abused me -

'Get orf and milk it, phattknacker!'

'What yer got in the backpack, porky - an oxygen cylinder?'

'Is your face always that colour or are you gonna explode in a minute?'

I'm glad there were only 3 of them... my self esteem couldn't take it!

:D

Edited by baddad

No - they verbally abused me -

'Get orf and milk it, phattknacker!'

'What yer got in the backpack, porky - an oxygen cylinder?'

'

:lol::lol:

You shouldn't eat so much cheesecake then should you.....stick to plain boiled rhubarb and natural yoghurt. :whistle:

just found this thread so thought I`d contribute! postive, well, didnt have to phone police and managed meltdown with help of ds1. All 3 youngest all asleep and am just bout to have a glass of red. Enid

In the midst of all the mayhem I have a day to myself, apart from a few mum related phone calls. I have watched the property shows, going shopping this aft & will cook a rare meal from scratch tonight. :thumbs:

Going to York on Saturday for a week, just B and me! His favourite city, stuffed with history and interesting buildings to draw. :wub:

He's got his mitts on a guide to Yorkshire, and has worked out that Fountains Abbey, Eden Camp, Whitby and The Dales are within driving distance. :rolleyes:

I love York, and he's old enough now to stay awake in the evening until 10pm, so we can do some ghost/history walks.

If I can stay away from the Fudge Kitchen, I might even lose some weight. :thumbs:

It's over 2 miles, trotting round the walls you know, and he did that every day last time we were there.

I'm printing off my flight information, hotel booking confirmation and other stuff to pack in my bag for my journey to scotland to see Mr J. Flying on Sunday morning, my first time flying so don't know how I'm going to react yet.

Im treating myself to a birthday pressie today.4 new shoulder piercings :thumbs: well its gonna be a positive when its done,not so much of a positive when its being done :crying:

4 new shoulder piercings :thumbs: well its gonna be a positive when its done,not so much of a positive when its being done :crying:

OK, I have to ask ... Does that corset piercing thingy in your pic not really hurt if you roll on to your back when sleeping? A bit like rolling onto a semi bed of nails :unsure:

Managed to get Jay a new jacket today. :thumbs: Have been trying for months as his arms have been dangling out of his old winter jacket for ages. For weeks and weeks we've been trailing round everywhere we can think of only for him to reject every single jacket for various reasons, it was becoming a nightmare. :o Today, after trying on three and rejecting them all and getting more and more Kevin-like, I said, 'look, we either buy one of these and then our terrible ordeal can finally be over, or we can not get one and just prolongue it and have to do it all over again, probably for eternity'. After a quick sulk, he reluctantly allowed me to purchase one of them. :thumbs: Next hurdle is to actually get him to WEAR it!! :wacko:

~ Mel ~

Going to York on Saturday for a week, just B and me! His favourite city, stuffed with history and interesting buildings to draw. :wub:

He's got his mitts on a guide to Yorkshire, and has worked out that Fountains Abbey, Eden Camp, Whitby and The Dales are within driving distance. :rolleyes:

I love York, and he's old enough now to stay awake in the evening until 10pm, so we can do some ghost/history walks.

If I can stay away from the Fudge Kitchen, I might even lose some weight. :thumbs:

It's over 2 miles, trotting round the walls you know, and he did that every day last time we were there.

Years ago I went to Whitby/Robin Hood's Bay etc on my way back from the fringe...

There was this dolphin that used to come in to 'swim' with the locals - Freddy Finn I think it was (the dolphin, not the local, who's name has been withheld for legal reasons)

Anyways, rather lovely though it was to see FF splashing happily with his human pals we were rather put out to read a newspaper headline that suggested it wasn't all the 'innocent fun' everyone assumed it to be :(:o

Who know, perhaps he was drunk (a bottle nose?), but either way it's always rather tainted the new age dream of 'swimming with the dolphins' for me :(

Come back flipper, all is forgiven...

And then someone told me how they got Mr Ed talking :(

And Skippy to open doors and stuff :tearful:

BD :(

OK, I have to ask ... Does that corset piercing thingy in your pic not really hurt if you roll on to your back when sleeping? A bit like rolling onto a semi bed of nails :unsure:

nope.i dont know its there until i catch it on clothes :thumbs:

Have had two nice walks in the last 2 days. Yesterday went to Caldron Snout and then a little further creeping a little way into the firing range to another fall. Today walked up from Low Force to High Force. Weather was better yesterday than today but a bit unpredictable and changable both days. Have taken a few photos as well so will try and upload some soon.

Managed to get Jay a new jacket today. :thumbs: Have been trying for months as his arms have been dangling out of his old winter jacket for ages. For weeks and weeks we've been trailing round everywhere we can think of only for him to reject every single jacket for various reasons, it was becoming a nightmare. :o

~ Mel ~

Errr

I did the same...

Was his jacket black? Was he insisting that nothing but another, identical jacket would do?

I took my boy to n*xt, and they had a jacket with many, many pockets that was black. He accepted it as a useful one for an archaeologist, because of the number of finds you could stash.

So after a week or so, he'll be wearing it, but it will weigh five times as much.

Errr

I did the same...

Was his jacket black? Was he insisting that nothing but another, identical jacket would do?

Haha, that's funny. :lol: His old one was navy but his new one is black, yep. :P I told him yesterday that he'd wear it to town today and took his old jacket and put it in the wash so he had no choice. This morning he put it on and went absolutely balistic, as is usual when it comes to wearing new clothes. He roared and wailed and stomped and shouted half the way to town, ripping at the 'stupid' jacket and complaining of the newness of it and weirdness of the feel of it, etc. etc. Got him talking about his tadpoles and snails and by the time we'd got to town to meet up with dad he was fine! :thumbs: Wouldn't mind, but I know that next time we get a new one he'll do it all over again. :whistle::lol:

Glad your lad enjoyed his new pockety one. :P

~ Mel ~

Had a nice day out in Bristol with gf. Very tiring but good. About to pack stuff and have a nice bath before going to bed. Have to be up at 4am to leave for 4:30am to travel to Bristol Airport. *falls asleep sitting at laptop*

*falls asleep sitting at laptop*

*Prods SG* :devil: OI WAKE UP!!!!!! Go and sleep properly - sleeping on the laptop just gives a strange indentation across the face!!! :lol: Hope the flying and Mr J goes OK - ask for choccy buttons if you get a choice :eat:

got my friend a really nice cup for her birthday in the sale and ive been after this teapot and cup set for ages but too dear,anyway it went to half price so i snapped it up then i dropped it at bus stop :rolleyes: smashed to smitherines,but the positive is that i got it half price!

got my friend a really nice cup for her birthday in the sale and ive been after this teapot and cup set for ages but too dear,anyway it went to half price so i snapped it up then i dropped it at bus stop :rolleyes: smashed to smitherines,but the positive is that i got it half price!

Now that really is positive thinking! How about putting it in a box and telling her it's one of those 3D jigsaw puzzles? :whistle:

Just weighed myself and I've lost 3 and 1/2 stone!!!! :thumbs: Managing to cycle up to 12 miles now and get out most days sometimes twice! Also feeling much better and 99% of the time managing to eat 3 meals a day so seem to have turned the corner at last!! Just need a large wad of cash now to buy some smaller clothes as these ones are very baggy!!! Might have to find a belt or two for now!!!

Wow Looby :o that's superb :clap:

Well, I've just come back from a double whammy of both DD's getting their hairs cut, and it went fine.

Then the garage rang me (I'd dropped my car off for an MOT this morning) and it's passed with no work needed :o .................never had that happen before :lol:

Oh, oh, oh, and youngest DD's Statement has arrived and looks fine and names the special school we want :clap::clap:

*goes off to lay down*

I moved up a lane in the swimming pool :D Only trouble is I now get what 'little fish in a big pond' means and I ache lots from trying to keep up - the peeps in the next lane go soooo fast I'm sure they don't even have time to get wet :lol: :lol:

Another positive, finished my first assignment and emailed it off to the tutor. :thumbs: Hope your day continues to go well Baggy! :thumbs:

Well done...and yes it has.....I've just bought eldest DD a teeny weeny dwarf hamster.... :wub::wub:

DH and I are off to see the Dancing On Ice tour tomorrow night........men in lycra :clap::clap:

Chris Fountain... move over Lee :wub::wub: I know, I know, I'm so old it's kinda indecent....but hey ho :devil:

Torvill & Dean :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Did a 40 min run today while Jay stayed at home, previously only done 30 mins. He was keen for me to go, said he liked it when I went out! :thumbs: He phoned me about halfway round and I had to reassure him about the window cleaners, who were knocking on the window at him, whilst I was running along, which was interesting! He ran and hid from them and was a bit panicky, but coped okay with an unexpected situation and didn't go to pieces. He said it had felt like I was a long time, but next time it'll be better. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Chris Fountain... move over Lee :wub::wub: I know, I know, I'm so old it's kinda indecent....but hey ho :devil:

That's quite OK. I am more than willing to pick up the unwanted Lee pieces :D:wub: :wub: :wub:

Torvill & Dean :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hi Bags... I've no idea who Chris Fountain is, but given the age difference you hint at perhaps he could be your Fountain of youth?

erm... coat, me, get, I'll (BNNITO)...

LEFT HOUSE EARLY AND WENT SWIMMING WITH K,STEVE DIDNT WANT TO COME THEN I GOT BA-CK AND MY MATE COME ROUND FOR LUNCH WITH HER HER SON,STEVE WAS FANTASTIC BEHAVED :notworthy::notworthy: REALLY PROUD OF HIM :wub:

Have you got swimmers ear again OR ARE YOU SHOUTING FOR ANOTHER REASON??

Perhaps you've just finished reading A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY but if that is the case you're in the wrong thread!

Well done, Steve, both for 'good behaviour' and for making your mum happy :)

K - well done swimming. :thumbs: How are your dancing classes going?

oh shes doing so well at tap and :dance: hip hop/street :dance: the classes are making her bit more confident as well,shes very shy and retiring,just like her old mum ;)