Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

Just got back from a really nice meal out with gfs family. I had smoked salmon for starter, steak with potatoes and salad for main course, orange sorbet for pudding and a couple of glasses of wine. The only things out of those that I had to point was the wine and the sorbet :lol:

well i bought 6 carrot cake slices yesterday from ww and cos they was only a point each i ate all 6 :rolleyes: but im very pleased that i havent had any crisps or choc for 3 days,good luck to everyone today. :thumbs:

well i bought 6 carrot cake slices yesterday from ww and cos they was only a point each i ate all 6 :rolleyes: but im very pleased that i havent had any crisps or choc for 3 days,good luck to everyone today. :thumbs:

That is brilliant! I really have no appetite today, too nervous about the meeting I'm about to go to :unsure:

oh hev, that made me laugh :lol::notworthy:

:wub::lol:

Boho :dance:

I have just eaten a cheese sandwich fried in butter!! :o:shame:

My gosh, but it was scrummy :D

But, at least I stopped myself from eating the special chocs I've bought for my mum for Sunday (for now...) :devil:

Blobo :dance:

Edited by bid

But, at least I stopped myself from eating the spedial chocs I've bought for my mum for Sunday (for now...) :devil:

Go on go on, you know you want to... :devil:

Last night I ate a whole big Mars bar I found on top of the fridge. That was before dinner too. I then told ds there was nothing exciting for pudding - he had to make do with a very healthy frozen orange lolly.. :rolleyes::oops:

K x

Last night I ate a whole big Mars bar I found on top of the fridge.

But how long had it been there?! :o:ph34r:

Boho ;)

Edited by bid

Go Bid :notworthy::notworthy: I'd never realised you could fry a cheese sandwich....DH would love that :thumbs:

Kathryn, I've got a stack of Easter Eggs on top of my fridge :lol: Eldest DD (10 AS) spotted them the other day, and asked if I'd stolen them from the Easter Bunny :huh:

At what age do you break the bad news? :unsure:

:robbie:

All ok here diet wise today. Had my usual cuppa tea, with no sugar, skimmed milk and porridge, made with sweetner and skimmed milk for brekkie. Will be having a chicken salad, with a fat free dressing for lunch, and probably have abit of melon and some grapes afterwards. Been going on my cross trainer early, as soon as the kids leave for school, and I'm finding that is working better for me. If I put it off for later in the day, I never bother. For tea I'll be having a WW curry, WW pud and some WW sweeties for a treat (chocolate and caramel ones...yum)

mmmmmmm that cheese sandwich sounds lovely.

Well done Baggy and Hev (hope the carrott cake was lovely)

I haven't bought my mum any chocs for Sunday - i would just stuff my face with them.

Not sure what i am having for tea but I will be having some wine as it is Friday and the start of the weekend. Had a bottle of wine in my fridge for the past 2 weeks - that is unheard of in the Forbsay household.

Hope you meeting went ok SG

Edited by forbsay

Yeah the meeting went well this morning. Have updated my progressing thread about the meeting. Anyway on the topic of the diet thread, I'm really hungry now but don't have any food at home. Need to go shopping but have no energy right now. Ahhh well will go anyway then have lunch when we get back.

Think you guys are doing better than me. Can't shift any weight no matter how little I eat :rolleyes: Am waiting for a blood test to check my thyroid, so there could be a genuine reason ....I live in hope!

Hev, that made me laugh too :thumbs:

been good today :thumbs: im having a kebab and a bottle of rose wine cos its friday :dance::dance::dance:

oh i met mum today and i had tuna melt for lunch,im not eating between meals at all,i think im finally motivated :rolleyes:

i love this diet thread by the way,its helping me

Now i have a question.

My online slimming club thing is up for renewal. Do I renew it or not?

I don't use it to it full potential but I am losing weight.

Ponder ponder ponder................

Forbsay

Now i have a question.

My online slimming club thing is up for renewal. Do I renew it or not?

I don't use it to it full potential but I am losing weight.

Ponder ponder ponder................

Forbsay

:rolleyes::rolleyes: im pondering for you as well,i will have a think :rolleyes:

What is the recipe for that SG?

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 20 min

Cooking Time: 13 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Chopsticks are optional for this lightened-up Chinese favourite. For a burst of colour, toss in any leftover veggies you have in the fridge.

Ingredients

* 5 spray low-fat cooking spray

* 4 portion egg white

* 50 g spring onions, chopped, green and white parts

* 2 clove garlic, medium, minced

* 350 g chicken breast, uncooked, skinless, boneless, diced (12 oz)

* 65 g carrot(s), chopped

* 320 g rice, cooked, brown or wild, kept hot

* 65 g petits pois, frozen green peas, thawed

* 3 tablespoon soy sauce

Instructions

* Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.

* Off the heat, recoat frying pan with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic; saut� 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; saut� until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.

* Stir in reserved egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Divide equally to serve.

But how long had it been there?! :o:ph34r:

Boho ;)

About a week. I forgot it was there. Funny thing is, I don't really like Mars bar all that much. It's OK though cos I gobbled it down really quick, so my body didn't have time to register the calories. :)

Kathryn, I've got a stack of Easter Eggs on top of my fridge :lol: Eldest DD (10 AS) spotted them the other day, and asked if I'd stolen them from the Easter Bunny :huh:

At what age do you break the bad news? :unsure:

What bad news??! What are you saying?!

You'll be telling me the tooth fairy isn't real next.

K x

Im so pleased :D I bought 2 tops today that are a size 12 :o I havent been this size since having kids!!!!!!!!

oh my god brooke,well done :thumbs::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

thanks >:D<<'> >:D<<'> They are from a supermaket where the sizes are always on the bigger size but still im pleased!!!

thanks >:D<<'> >:D<<'> They are from a supermaket where the sizes are always on the bigger size but still im pleased!!!

ooh i like the sound of that supermarket brooke :thumbs: what one is it?say it in code with lots of ****!! we dont wanna give old bighead an excuse to moan do we :lol:

I'm fed up. I've been so controlled this week, haven't had a single biccie or chocolate or cake or crisps or anything. Everything I've eaten has been really low fat, I've run practically every day this week and I haven't lost a single oz. :wallbash:

~ Mel ~

Its A*D*!!!!! They always have nice stuff and i find the clothes tend to be a bit bigger than you average shop so its nice if you can get something smaller!!!

About a week. I forgot it was there. Funny thing is, I don't really like Mars bar all that much. It's OK though cos I gobbled it down really quick, so my body didn't have time to register the calories. :)

What bad news??! What are you saying?!

You'll be telling me the tooth fairy isn't real next.

K x

:lol::lol:

How are you all today?

I am away for a walk with the kids as it is actually not raining.

M wants me to buy him some jam for his sandwich at lunchtime :wub::wub::wub:

Well done SG - I feel another diet thread wave coming on :groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

Baggy - we are going for a walk to the shops and M can see his beloved pylons. I had better go and get ready or else it will start raining again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoy your maze

yeah sg a diet wave from me too :groupwave::groupwave:

i cant wait till i lose some weight to get a dietwave :D:D

I have gone off the rails today ............ again. It's always the same. I deny myself everything and then, one taste, and BAM, it's all over, I stuff and stuff and just can't stop. Had two packets of baked crisps today and a big bit of cake and then Jay bought home some chocolate refrigerator cake he'd made, just made of pig of myself whilst cutting that up! :sick: I'll have to restrict myself for a whole week now just to not put on any weight and I STILL won't lose any. I'm fed up ........... literally. Feel like I'm locked in battle with my body. :(

~ Mel ~

Mel, could you not allow yourself some treats, and just run abit more? I've a friend who can now eat pretty much what she likes, within reason, so long as she follows a certain exercise regime through out the week, and it keeps her weight stable. Just an idea, with you being so into running :unsure:

Mel, could you not allow yourself some treats, and just run abit more? I've a friend who can now eat pretty much what she likes, within reason, so long as she follows a certain exercise regime through out the week, and it keeps her weight stable. Just an idea, with you being so into running :unsure:

I increased my running, yep, I ran nearly every day last week and I was so good with my eating, everything v. low fat, no 'bad' stuff and didn't lose a dickie bird. Seems like the minute I eat a couple of biscuits I put ON though, I'm feeling very cheated. :angry: Don't seem to be able to stop at one treat though, once I have one, I go mad so it feels better to have none at all. I don't miss them when I'm not having them but as soon as I have one, it's like, ah yeah, I remember how much I like this stuff ............ stuff, stuff, STUFF!! :wallbash: (*cackles hysterically*). :ph34r:

~ Mel ~