Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

Bagpuss >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I really know how you feel you have summed up my feelings on many occasions. If its really getting you down could you just have a break for a week and see how you feel? I had a terrible week last week and hardly ate anything healthy :tearful: but im just starting again. I hope you feel better soon.

P.S I also find it hard because dh always says i look nice so i often think well as long as he likes me!!!!!!!!

Baggy, you're doing so well resisting when you feel desperate to rip the packet open and chow down, you're being so strong. :notworthy::notworthy: Can you find something that you like quite a lot that you can have when you really fancy 'something'? I've found pretzels are my saviour. They're so low in fat, just 1g of fat in a plateful, much less than in a packet of diet crisps and more filling too. I'm a bit like you though, if I start nibbling on some biccies then I don't seem to be able to stop, it creaps up on me in cycles, so I tend to avoid everything until I just can't take it anymore and then go on a massive binge, not healthy, I'm sure. I'm a bit the opposite to you as well, though, I feel really good when I'm resisting, it's when I give in and scoff cake that I feel rotten. :tearful: Yesterday DH bought me a packet of Revels and they've been shouting at me all day, but I'm resisting. Not sure how much longer I can hold out, though, might have to shove them in his rucksack when he gets back and beg him to take them to work with him!

Good luck with this week. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

:band: ive lost a pound this week :thumbs: feels really good because i have lost no weight at all since november :thumbs: weighed myself in boots again today and a pounds gone off,my weigh in day for myself is a monday,im very happy

Anybody here follow the Slimming world plan??

I am struggling to understand the free food concept. They say (repeatedly after my questioning!!) that you can eat as much free food as you want. Now i take this literally and become confused!!!! I eat rice a lot as a free food but it has 352kcal per 100g dry wieght. Now if i do a huge portion for dinner with a vegetable topping (less than 100kcal a serving) i can eat 200g and hence 704kcal of rice.

Whats to stop me eating several thousand calories of rice??? they say its free and i can eat as much as i want, but surely they are wrong????

Surely eat more than the recommended 2000kcal a day and you will put on wieght regardless of the type of food???

I even resorted to starvation last week eating 1 meal a day but put ON 1/2lb of wieght!! Very frustrated!!

Or is my science flawed???

Warren is very confused.

:robbie: :robbie:

Anybody here follow the Slimming world plan??

I am struggling to understand the free food concept. They say (repeatedly after my questioning!!) that you can eat as much free food as you want. Now i take this literally and become confused!!!! I eat rice a lot as a free food but it has 352kcal per 100g dry wieght. Now if i do a huge portion for dinner with a vegetable topping (less than 100kcal a serving) i can eat 200g and hence 704kcal of rice.

Whats to stop me eating several thousand calories of rice??? they say its free and i can eat as much as i want, but surely they are wrong????

Surely eat more than the recommended 2000kcal a day and you will put on wieght regardless of the type of food???

I even resorted to starvation last week eating 1 meal a day but put ON 1/2lb of wieght!! Very frustrated!!

Or is my science flawed???

Warren is very confused.

:robbie: :robbie:

I'm not sure how it works in prinicipal as I've never done slimming world. I think the logic goes with that while the food is free, you should only be eating until you are full. This is an idea I got from ww but could be applied in this situation, think of how hungry you are before the meal on a scale of 0-5, 0 being starving hungry and 5 being stuffed/overfull. The aim would be to be a 1 or 2 before you eat and a 3 or 4 afterwards, then try to snack on healthy foods like fruit and veg inbetween meals. You really should be getting more than one meal a day though. Also another tactic is to put the food on your plate and divide it in two, eat first half then take a 5min break and after that re-assess to see if you are hungry still. If still hungry divide the other half in half and repeat. If full save leftovers for another meal or if it is stuff that won't taste good for another meal bin it.

Also are you getting plenty of water in. I've found that I'm better with my food portion sizes if I'm getting at least 2ltrs of water a day, it doesn't necessarily have to be all in one go. 8 glasses spread over the course of the day or 4x500ml bottles, I have a 1ltr bottle that I fill up and make sure that I have 2 of each day. Are you getting exercise as well as that will speed up the weightloss too.

Anyway enough of my waffling just a few ideas for you to consider there.

Starvation is not a good idea Warren. I found when I tried to eat below my points allowed at WW, my weight loss stopped. I think your body reacts, and starts to conserve fat, holding onto it for dear life.

Sorry, can't advise re Slimming World. WW have a website, with a community forum.....have Slimming World got something similar? May be worth having a look, and if so, someone may be able to help answer your question.

Edited by Bagpuss

Feeling positive again today, after deciding last night I was packing WW in :rolleyes:

Went on the cross trainer as soon as the kids left for school. I know if I'd left it for later in the day, like I usually do, I can't be bothered. I'm going to take it day by day now, as my moods and motivation seem to be fluctuating so much.

Weigh in tomorrow......if I go.....who knows....... :hypno::lol:

Hi Warren i follow the slimming world plan and this confused me too but i think its like SG says once your full just dont eat anymore! I think the free foods are good because they are healthier than snacking on biscuits or crisps!! I tend to have more red days than green and i lose more weight if i exercise too. It took me a few weeks to get used to the plan but its good once you can follow it. They also have a website too. Good Luck.

Big deep breath!!!!!!!!

I started ww tonight, and i am 11st 8lbs. i need to lose 20lbs. I guess i was nearer 12st at the start of the year then.

Anyway it is now official i am a dieter.

The meeting was pretty boring but i have my eye on some beautiful dresses for the summer so in true dieters fashion i am enjoying a topic bar before i start properly tomorrow.

Nic

Best of luck, Nic. :thumbs:

I'm doing well this week. By the end of the week I'll probably have lost my usual 2lb and then by the following week I'll have probably put it back on again. Business as usual. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

Well, went to me WW weigh in, after changing my mind several times before 9.30am :rolleyes:

Decided to walk down, in a last ditch attempt to lose a lil bit :pray:

Lost 1 lb :thumbs:

So, in total, that's 7.5 lb......now I can eat me brekkie :lol::lol:

Well done everyone.

Good luck on joining WW. I am a member of their scottish equivalent via the internet. Not using it to it full potential. Easy money from me I think!

Have started going for a walk at lunchtime and am drinking more water. Also, not drinking alcohol during the week (apart from Friday and Saturdays). At one point i was drinking alcohol every night..........

I aim to lose 1lb a week. Got about 28lbs to lose. Was on this website and said I should get to target on 30th May 2008.

Weigh in tomorrow morning. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by forbsay

Well, went to me WW weigh in, after changing my mind several times before 9.30am :rolleyes:

Decided to walk down, in a last ditch attempt to lose a lil bit :pray:

Lost 1 lb :thumbs:

So, in total, that's 7.5 lb......now I can eat me brekkie :lol::lol:

well done baggy :thumbs:

Aw, thankyou everyone >:D<<'>

Been to my mum's for tea tonight.......mince and dumplings....darn't look up how many points are in a dumpling :shame:

She thinks because I'm at WW, if she piles my plate up with vegetables, I won't need to worry about the mash, mince and two humongus dumplings lurking beneath, bless her :lol:

I lost 1lb this week.

I also got told off for not eating enough :rolleyes: So i need to eat breakfast and not have 2/3 days a week when i eat only 1 meal.

I mostly stick to the Green plan on slimming world.

Well done Warren and Brooke. Brooke - you are doing so well. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I actually feel as though i get more support from this thread (and post more) than I do on my slimming forum.

We shall have an online party when the first person makes target and we will ring the bell!

Forbsay

thanks everyone >:D<<'> i think we are all doing really well. i dont go to a group, i went to slimming world 3yrs ago and got all the stuff so i try to stick to their plan but i cant go to the groups now as dh works till 8pm but i love this thread it really helps me!!! Ive just been looking back over the whole thread and its sounds like ive had a few bad days but i think it helps coming on here when ive eaten something wrong to try and get my motivation back!!!!

I've done really well this week. Haven't weighed myself yet, but my jeans feel quite baggy! I'll weigh myself on Saturday and hope I've dropped that 2lb again. Hope the next week I can drop another two rather than put the original two back on, which is what usually happens.

~ Mel ~

Officially I love doing core! I just worked out the points from my mini binge earlier plus for pudding tonight and it comes to 11.5pts, I had been good the rest of the week so had a whole load of bonus points saved on top of my weekly allowance. Taking that into account I somehow still have 16.5pts left to spend on whatever for the rest of the week, somehow doubt I will manage it as only have 2 more days before WI :lol:

ive done really well today :thumbs: had my old faithful porridge for brekkie,ate a prawn wrap thingy when i was out,not had dinner yet,been eating lots of fruit.

question for you; i have noticed that if i have certain foods like bread they trigger me to eat more like a trigger food if you get what i mean :rolleyes: like if i had a sandwich at lunch time i would then go on to have more bread,anyone else find that?