Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

mel >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Im struggling today :( Im just so hungry, wish i could eat a dohgnut or something :lol:

Bad news, isn't it. How's about having a bowl of cereal instead? Or some rice pudding?? If DH doesn't like this refrigerator cake I'm gonna put it in the bin, won't be able to trust myself with it tomorrow otherwise. :unsure:

I'm abit like that too Mel...not the running everyday (can't run up the stairs!), but struggling to stop at one thing. What about allowing yourself one packet of sweeties or something similar a day? Maybe then you won't feel so deprived, and can focus on that one packet, knowing you won't go without anything scrummy all day.

I wish I were more like you, and actively enjoyed some form of sport. I managed 15 mins on my cross trainer yesterday, which is a record for me. Trouble was, when I got off I couldn't actually feel my legs anymore, and could hardly walk :lol:

Yeah, you're probably right, it's the fact that I rarely allow myself treats that when I do have them it's like I don't know when to stop, like I have to stuff the whole world in my mouth 'cos I know it'll be a while before I get another chance. Haha, that's what dogs do, isn't it, stuff in as much as they can while they can!! Always thought I was a dog!! :lol:

Well done on your cross training! :thumbs: See, I wouldn't have the patience for that, it's too repetitive for me. At least if you're outside you're seeing things go past and seeing the scenery change. I'd get bored much too easily using gym equipment. Horses for courses............now, if I had a horse, I could gallop off all my calories, that'd be great. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

I had a big binge yesterday, managed to use my whole weeks points allowance and more! :unsure: Luckily I'm only 8.5pts over which I can gain back through exercise. Just need to be good the rest of the week and should be fine.

I've started afresh today. I've never counted calories, just used a kind of common-sense approach to eating healthily, but today I've started writing down everything I eat and I'm gonna add up the calories just out of interest really to see if I can get some clues from it. Anyone know where I can find a good calorie counting site?? I can't seem to find out how many calories there are in a banana! :whistle:

~ Mel ~

80-120 depending on the size of the banana and about 80-90 in an apple!

Cheers, loobylou. It's a bit difficult to get it accurate, isn't it, when there's such a wide range. Oh well, I'll just go for 100, I guess, make it nice and round and even. :rolleyes:

~ Mel ~

No problem! It is hard when the sizes vary so much! If you look on the prepacked bags it gives you a rough idea of calorific values.

Edited by loobylou2

Warning...this following post will contain ramblings of a negative self indulgent nature

Went for my usual WW weigh in today. For the first time since I started WW I was excited. I've had a fabulous week, feeling very motivated and on track. I've managed to go on my cross trainer daily, and increased my times :thumbs:

Felt so chuffed with myself yesterday. Went to Newcastle with DH for the day, and had porridge of brekkie and lunch :thumbs: We stopped at a cafe, and DH had tea and cake, and I managed to just have a cuppa. Cake is usually my downfall, so felt very virtuous, and then went to Marksies and got a big tub of fresh fruit (yes, ok, my halo was kinda choking me at the point).

Went to F & B's for tea (really strange being there without all my forum friends :unsure: ), but again, managed to stay on track, with pasta in a tomato based sauce and still water :thumbs: No puds (again, another huge downfall for me).

Went to concert, and desperately wanted a few lagers, but got by on a bottle of water, and no munchies :dance:

Got up this morning, and had to put my watch strap on a new hole......yay.....I can actually see something changing :clap:

Positively jumped on the scales at WW.........and I stayed the blooming same :tearful:

Leader says "Are you happy with that...you've maintained your weight....well done" :fight:

"No" I says "I'm not happy" :crying:

"Well, don't give up" she says "Next week I'm sure your'll see results" :huh:

So, progress to date.......................

I've been at WW approx 2 months, and lost 7.5 lbs. I know this should be something to be proud of, but it just isn't reflecting the effort I'm putting in.

Plus, the entire 7.5 lbs seems to have only been lost from my left wrist :(

I know WW works...I've done it in the past, but for some reason, the weight is clinging on for dear life, beginning to wonder if it's an age issue, and maybe your motabolism slows down to a snails pace or something.....and I really don't know what to do to stay motivated anymore :(

Feeling full of self pity :rolleyes:

It is disheartening, isn't it, but don't forget, Baggy, that if you've been doing workouts on your cross trainer that you will have built up muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So, you've probably lost fat and and toned up, which would mean your actual weight is the same but you have less fat on you and more muscle. I think over half a stone is a really good loss, if you piled up that amount of weight in tins of beans and tried to lift it you'd be very surprised at how heavy it is and to have lost that off of your body is a big achievement. Also, maintaining and not putting on is an achievement as well. I bet if you carry on what you're doing for another week you'll lose another couple of pounds. Don't give up, it'd be such a shame to see all that effort go to waste! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks both of you.

Feeling ok again :rolleyes: Have sat down and begun to read my new issue of WW mag, and it's impossible not to feel inspired when you read some of the stories.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo hungry!! :tearful: Yesterday I had 1200 calories and am aiming at similar today. Am currently chomping my way through an apple, ick :sick: I'm having a chilli later, calculated the calories to be about 600, can't wait, don't know if I'll make it until then, though, my legs are all wibbly wobbly!! :sick:

~ Mel ~

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo hungry!! :tearful: Yesterday I had 1200 calories and am aiming at similar today. Am currently chomping my way through an apple, ick :sick: I'm having a chilli later, calculated the calories to be about 600, can't wait, don't know if I'll make it until then, though, my legs are all wibbly wobbly!! :sick:

~ Mel ~

Get something to eat Mel. You can't go all wobbly like that.

well done nic :thumbs: Ive lost nothing this week :tearful: but its my own fault as i ate loads of rubbish at the weekend. This wkend wont be much better as ds2 is having his birthday party so i bet il eat loads of the party food i make :whistle:

Well done Nic :thumbs:

I'm up, down, all over the blooming place at the mo.

So far today, have been on cross trainer again, have stuck to eating plan again (well, got abit rebellious last night, and had two, yes two Ryvita, with cheese and tomato on top)...yup, I know...even put salt on top.....I'm taking a walk on the wild side :rolleyes:

I've added those Ryvita's onto today's points allowance....but, I've totally lost interest, so although I'm still on track, I'm desperately clinging on before I fall rather spectacularly off the wagon :rolleyes:

Guest Lya of the Nox

one of my mates lost bout 4 stone

and puts it down to the amount of water she drank, bout 4 litres a day

i know i dont need to loose weight, but i dont like my tum, and wish it were flatter, but likes baggy, i wonder if it age, hormones, and stuff i had done, so should i give up lol

but cant resist choccy :(

I'm doing well, the calorie counting and writing down everything I eat each day is helping. Thursdays I go to my CBT group and when I get back I usually binge on cakes and crisps and bics, but today DH had made a big salad to take to work and obviously forgot to take it, so I scoffed that instead and really enjoyed it. Then later I had a banana and fat-free yogurt. I'm off out to parents' evening tonight, so I'll just have time for some soup before I go and my calories for today will probably be less than 1000! :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Hey, well done Mel :thumbs: Hope the parents eve went ok.

Well, I've decided to look at my portion sizes. I'm really at a loss as to the why the weight isn't coming off very well, and can only think it maybe due to that.

I weighed myself this morning. Don't tend to bother at home, and just wait for my weekly weigh in at WW, but I've got WW scales, so I knew they'd be accurate and I wanted to check if I'd actually lost anything since my weigh in on Wednesday...I havn't. I've still been sticking to the plan, so it's baffling.

If I go on Wednesday, and my weight stays the same again, I'm going to jack it in. Lifes too short to be miserable, and I'm not going continue depriving myself when there is no weight loss to show for the effort.

Fingers crossed reducing my portion sizes work eh.

Don't jack it in, Baggy! >:D<<'>

It's not just about being slimmer, is it...it's about all the health benefits, like reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, etc, etc.

Would the WW lady be able to help you work out what's going on??

Boho :dance:

Cheers Bid. She suggested a few weeks back that it could be my portion sizes, when I actually gained weight and couldn't understand why. I'm exercising daily, I'm eating within my points (and if I don't, like the Ryvita incident, I add them on following day), and although I've said before I should be proud of 7.5 lb, to stay motivated you need to see results. I'd be happy to lose 1 lb a week, so long as I consistently lost weight each week.....kinda look at it that it'd be 52 lb by end of the year, which was my mind set when I joined WW. The other thing I'm pretty naffed off with, is that when you exercise, you can add extra points on each day.....I've not been adding any of my exercise points on.

She also suggested it could be a "lady" thing.....weight fluctuating during each month, but it's not as though I'm struggling at one weigh in a month.

I'm going to cut my portions right down, and see what happens. I've bought WW ready meals occasionally over the last few weeks, and the amount you get in teeny tiny.....I'd put 3 times that amount on my plate :lol: I know it works, as previously I got down to goal weight, but I was much younger, and I did wonder if age was playing a factor.

I'd rather try to give up the ciggies again.....that was much easier :lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

Well done SG :thumbs:

*goes off to sulk* ........only kidding :lol:

I've just been on the WW site, trawling through their forum, trying to find inspiration. One lady has lost 29 lb in 7 weeks :o She said all she had done is stick to her points and drinks lots of water.

*goes off to drink water* :tearful:

One lady has lost 29 lb in 7 weeks :o

That's very dangerous, though. If you lose weight that quickly you start to lose muscle as well. The heart is a muscle and if that is lost you can easily have a heart attack. :shame:

~ Mel ~

I remember when a friend did WW, she actually weighed out the amount of cereal advised, and we were both shocked at how teeny it was...so you may be right about portion sizes, Baggy >:D<<'>

Boho :dance:

Re: cutting down portion sizes, if it's any encouragement, Bags, this worked for me, and still does. I couldn't understand why I was taking loads of exercise and cutting out snacks to no effect. Until I realised that I was automatically giving myself the same size protions as dh, who has a large appetite, and feeling uncomfortably full after every meal.

I started to halve my portions and it was a difficult few weeks while my body adjusted to the new quantities - I felt continually hungry then I got used to it - or I just put extra green veggies on my plate. Smaller plates and smaller serving spoons help! Now I find most restaurant meals are way too much for me - but I enjoy what I eat and don't abstain from anything.

Besides, smaller portions = more room for wine! :P:D

K x

I like your reasoning Kathryn :thumbs::lol:

Bid, I know what you mean about the cereal amount...when I first weighed out 30g of porridge oats, I didn't think it'd even be worth bothering to add the milk and heat it up, thank gawd they swell with skimmed milk!

I think my evening meal is the likely culprit. My breakfast is porridge with skimmed milk, and sweetner, and I have a cuppa tea, with skimmed milk also, no sugar.

Lunch is usually tuna (in brine) or chicken salad, with a fat free dressing on, so that's easily worked out, and I can't overestimate, because the salad is free, and the points for chicken or tuna are easily worked out. Sometimes I'll have a WW soup and a granary roll, again, points are straightforward.

But teatime....well, I do fill my plate, with whatever meal we are eating as a family, be is spag bol, or chicken casserole etc etc. I'd easily eat what DH does.

When I've bought the WW ready meals, they would only fill a side plate in reality.....so maybe I need to work on that sort of size for my evening meal.

The only drinks I have throughout the day and evening are tea (skimmed milk and no sugar), pepsi max (no points) or if we are eating out I'd have still water.

If we have a pud, I buy one for the rest of the family, say a trifle or crumble, and I have a WW pud, which already has the points on the front.

Thank goodness this week is over - it has been horrendous! :tearful::tearful:

I used to think i been healthy eating things and then I would look at the calories etc and sometimes i would get a shock......... A few weeks ago I wanted some microwave chips and looked at the calories. Then i decided i didn't want them after all. Don't know where my willpower is coming from but long may it continue!

My little girl keeps laughing at me today as my trousers are getting a bit loose. Her reaction is priceless.

Am away to have some wine shortly as it is Friday :wine::wine::wine: And I have got that Friday feeling! ;)