Mumble

The Screaming Thread

I feel awful today, sooooooo tired, stomach cramps and ache all over :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Want to go to sleep for a week and not have to think about doing anything :wallbash::wallbash:

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had enough of listening to mindless chatter at work, do people not think that after 4 nights on and 1 more to go that we really want to listen to whether or not they have seen their cousins in the last 6 yrs. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bid it's not you :) x x

:hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno:

I've spent an hour and a half closeted in a stuffy room being interrogated by two inspectors ( educational not the police kind :rolleyes: ).

And they came in to observe me teaching at the worst possible point of my lesson when things were coming a bit unravelled: why didn't they come in when it was going OK, as most of it was??! :crying:

I'm shattered. More tomorrow as well. :wacko::ph34r:

K x

Thanks Smiley.

There was more interrogation today but now it's OVER!!!! :D:D:D

:bounce:

I'm on my second glass of wine - don't expect much sense tonight :hypno::hypno:

K x

I am so, so upset I can hardly type, and my life is so small that the only place I can say this is on an internet forum :crying::crying:

It transpires that my ###### DH thinks I work with adults.

I have worked at a residesi school for over 3 years, and that is how important my job is to him...he hasn't even listened enough to take in that I work with children!

I feel completely invisible :(

Sorry, sorry :tearful:

And he is shouting at me!

Bid

Edited by bid

I am so, so upset I can hardly type, and my life is so small that the only place I can say this is on an internet forum :crying::crying:

It transpires that my ###### DH thinks I work with adults.

I have worked at a residesi school for over 3 years, and that is how important my job is to him...he hasn't even listened enough to take in that I work with children!

I feel completely invisible :(

Sorry, sorry :tearful:

And he is shouting at me!

Bid

Oh Bid, don't apologise >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:crying: :cryin!. I have been suffering fron ear infection which keeps coming back. :wallbash: : :tearful::tearful::crying::crying: fab idea, let me feel sorry for myself please now gone to my eyes, i feel like a gargoyle, a middle aged festering wreck :unsure::unsure: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMMMMMMMMM :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Guest Lya of the Nox

Nothing fits me :(:(

seems minor i know

but i look espec rubbish in my posh outfits for the ball next month

more money down the drain,

i a blowing up like a ballooonnnnn

:crying:

Well, I've been looking for a reason to come on here......soooo as I can't sleep because I'm stressed, and youngest DD is up in about 3 hours.......here I am :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

I don't understand the world or the people in it :tearful: :tearful:

Why do people leave you to guess what you've done wrong so both sides are upset rather than telling you directly? :unsure::(:wallbash: If I know what I've done I can mend it, if I don't I'm anxious and upset, I can't mend it and the person/people I've done wrong to continue to be cross/angry/upset. :wallbash::(:tearful:

:wallbash: I had Woman In Beige Cardi at the enquiry desk again. I always get Woman In Beige Cardi cos everyone else sees her coming & runs for cover. She sighs, she moans, she complains, she basically wants me to study for her degree on her behalf. :wallbash:

:wallbash: I had Woman In Beige Cardi at the enquiry desk again.

*Throws our beige cardi* :lol:

Our fire alarms went off at some unearthly middle of the night hour: I got soaked and cold standing outside in the rain in my pyjamas waiting for the firemen and the alarm was soooo physically painful I was almost in tears. :tearful: Then I got a whole nearly four hours sleep before having to be up before 6am to an email that could be at best described as 'impolite' this morning that I've been dwelling on all day, then my first train was late and my connection cancelled and I ended up running for a mile through the rain so I wasn't late to where I was going. :tearful: Glamorous life being a student. :(

Jay was in a state this morning so I sent the taxi off and took him into school a couple of hours late this morning. Didn't have time to come home and then come back again so spent four hours wandering aimlessly around Oxford in the rain feeling miserable and lonely and bored instead, so that was my day ruined. He was in a right state last night when he got home, but when I talked to teacher she seemed to think he'd been fine. AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :wallbash::tearful:

~ Mel ~

Auriel has applied for a security job in London (don't ask :ph34r::ph34r: ) to help fund his gap year...

He is currently practising a menacing Sarf Londern accent.

It is very wearing :crying:

Boho :hypno:

OMG, the taxi didn't pick Jay up from school today!! Apparently, a new child had been added to the route, Transport people, thinking they had a 7-seater, thought the other kid would fit in okay. As they, in fact, only have a 4-seater taxi, driver took it upon himself to pick up the new kid and to just not pick up Jay but DIDN'T TELL ANYONE, he just didn't turn up!! :angry::angry::angry: First I knew was 3.30 when the TA at school called to say he hadn't been picked up, it then took me 30 mins to get there, by which time it was gone 4.00 and Jay was hysterical!! TA who was there at 3.30 left after she'd called me and Jay had to sit in a room on his own for half an hour to wait for me (a meeting was going on in another room), but no-one sat with him, poor kid!! Plus, he's go SATs next week and is really, really stressed!! :wallbash: Feeling a bit stressed myself now, too! :wallbash::wallbash:

~ Mel ~

Present school are trying to arrange visits to new special school for youngest DD, to help her transition.................special school are not returning any of their calls :wallbash:

CMHT and the Learning Disabilities Team are arguing amongst themselves and nobody seems to want to help. I wonder how many months they are going to keep this arguing up :unsure: By the time I get an appointment it will be time to move to Bristol and start all over again :wallbash:

Edited by ScienceGeek

I can't wait to see the back of my current class. I actually dislike 2/3 of them. I have never had such a large number of egocentric, immature, arrogant, spoilt, socially-disfunctional and over-empowered monsters in my career. They are truly horrible. There are 9 that I don't avoid in the street.

Counting the days...

I can't wait to see the back of my current class. I actually dislike 2/3 of them. I have never had such a large number of egocentric, immature, arrogant, spoilt, socially-disfunctional and over-empowered monsters in my career. They are truly horrible. There are 9 that I don't avoid in the street.

Counting the days...

>:D<<'> Hopefully next year will be better then - I always found they went in 'years' - good year, bad year, good year, bad year - Huge over generalisation, I realise :D

No, I think you're spot on.

I have had three good years in a row, so obviously I have double the trouble this time! Next year's look a much better prospect, provided I don't get moved to a different year group.

I feel terrible...sore throat on one side going into my ear, and sore neck on the outside from swollen glands :crying:

I'm off 'till Mon, but if I don't feel any better tomorrow I shall have to tell them I won't be in to give them time to find someone to cover.

But I feel so guilty because it's really hard to find cover at short notice, and if the team is one short it's really difficult.

And I'm not doing any of the decorating that desperately needs doing as planned for this weekend :(

I feel so cr*p :crying:

Boho :(

It's my birthday on Tuesday and no-one but my mum has remembered.

I may have to point out the importance of recognising this festival more forcefully than I have been.

MING THE MERCILESS SAYS THAT ALL CREATURES WILL MAKE MERRY ON PAIN OF DEATH!

I'm off to make a banner to hang in front of the telly.

Edited by Bard

I feel terrible...sore throat on one side going into my ear, and sore neck on the outside from swollen glands :crying:

I'm off 'till Mon, but if I don't feel any better tomorrow I shall have to tell them I won't be in to give them time to find someone to cover.

But I feel so guilty because it's really hard to find cover at short notice, and if the team is one short it's really difficult.

And I'm not doing any of the decorating that desperately needs doing as planned for this weekend :(

I feel so cr*p :crying:

Boho :(

Bid

>:D<<'>

Hope you feel better soon. It's tough to feel you're letting people down at work - I feel the same as there are only 3 of us and I have often staggered in with flu rather than stay off. But if you go in before you're well, people won't thank you if they catch what you've got.

K x

It's my birthday on Tuesday and no-one but my mum has remembered.

I have - I ws just waiting until Tuesday to wish you happy birthday >:D<<'>

I also noticed (I think - maybe I'm imagining it) that you changed your age to 98 so you won't be getting a card from the queen this year! :)

I also noticed (I think - maybe I'm imagining it) that you changed your age to 98 so you won't be getting a card from the queen this year! :)

No, that was the forum's computer.

It's obviously ageist, so when Pearl and I reach 100 and are still posting, we will no doubt be deleted. Like Logan's Run with an extension. We will fight back you know!

My 'almost a positive but technically a scream because of the underlying implications scream':

We ran out of mayo this morning when I made Ben's school sandwich... Now he does like a bit of mayo, so I said I would buy him some more today so he's got it for tomorrow...

Soooooo... in the shops I saw two new 'deli style' mayo's, both of which were GF/DF - one with roasted garlic and the other with sundried tomato.

Sound yummy? :eat: I thought so too!

SO - I bought both, and then with my lunchtime sandwich I plumped for the roasted garlic one :thumbs: (and very nice it is too!).

Anyways, when he got home from skool I told Ben and gave him a little taste of the garlic one. 'Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'... he says, 'That's lovely. Now can I try the sundried tomato one?'

When I said that I wasn't going to open both at the same time because they'd go off before we could finish them he said;

'Urgh! Well why'd you have to open the stupid garlic one? I bet the tomato one is much nicer!'

I said, 'Yes, and if i'd opened that one you'd have said "Urgh - why did you have to open the stupid tomato one...".'

Big sigh... 'Yeah, you're probably right' he says casually :o:o:wallbash::lol:

Now - my REAL scream...

I also treated myself to a lovely magnetic knife holding strip for the kitchen :wub: . Unfortunately, I haven't got a lot of free wall space, so I planned to fix it on the end of one of the wall units...

Problem one : length of strip 13". Depth of unit 12"

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So. I eventually managed to convince myself that it would look really nice at a 'rakish' angle - a sort of stepped effect from smallest to largest running at a slight diagonal... okay...

Problem two: Length of screws provided - inch and three quarter. Combined thickness of knife holder and side wall of unit - inch and a half.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So. Having looked in every toolbox I've got (don't ask), in every kitchen drawer/nook and cranny etc.. Guess how many screws I found that were precisely the wrong sizes for fixing the ******* knife holder to the ******* cabinet?

Yep - eighty six million four hundred and ninety seven thousand eight hundred and twenty three..

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

And how many that were the RIGHT size?

Yep. None...

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anyways, finally got it up (fnar fnar) and it looks absolutely beautiful (yak yak) :wub:

And I can buy some stainless steel round head inch and a quarters to replace the black jappaned cross-heads tomorrow :)

But... You know what's really bothering me now? AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE... around eighty six million four hundred and ninety seven thousand eight hundred and twenty two screws from now, I'm gonna realise I'm one screw short of a bird-table*...

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

* [anyone who said 'you already are' win's this month's Colin Hunt award for predictability] ;)