Sign in to follow this  
reuby2

Have you been here?????

My son told me today to move over with my fat body. When i asked him whether he meant that i was fat or was being silly he said, "it's because you're fat, okay?"

when I was a bit upset about this he said "no i wasn't being rude it's just because you're fat"............... he then went and wrote a little note saying "sorry for hurting your feelings" which was lovely and i knew he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings , he is just very honest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well pass the quality street!!!

Anyone else have any "honest" stories???

:lol::lol:

Kids can be so blunt can't they.

Often someone with as adults and children alike have no concept of the fact they may be hurting someones feelings and can be very blunt.

After the event if someone explains to them then they can often realise they have upset someone and are really upset like your son was.

Let's have a quality street the ones with the nut in please.They are my favourite.you can keep the chocolate orange. :lol:

when my nephew(AS) was about 5 i took him on a long train journey and at a station got chatting to an old couple who were quite taken with daniel,we were sitting talking and daniel who was very very tactile then,was rubbing the old mans tummy and came out with "your a bit fat aint ya!" i was mortified,but the old man just had a good chuckle at dans brutal honesty :lol:

I dib's on the toffee pennies do they still have them???

ceecee's got the purple ones any one else!!!LOL

Yes kids are so truthful but I wish they could speak there mind without shouting .On a bus a few months ago Char doing his normal sitting on the floor when a lady with very little personal hygene got on and sat in front of us she smelt terrible of wee Char chims up from the bus floor

"Yuk she smells like wee" (very loudly) :sick:

Lady turns round and glars at me she thought it was me who had said it could have died went very red and said nothing :oops:

Lisa x

My son "warned" a little girl not to go on this mini-roundabout thing in the park because she was too fat and might break it. Again not being rude just genuinely was thinking of her safety. :oops:

Years ago when my daughter(N>T>) was about three she calmly shouted out in the middle of the restaurant' look at that lady mummy isnt she ugly!' :oops:

I have a whole reportoire of these :lol:

Needless to say I exited very quickly from the restaurant rather red faced.

Com caused problems at primary with his judgements on other kids work - 'well. it's not really very good is it!' and didn't understand why people got upset ,he's stopped that one now but is still merciless in his bluntness

here's one I did, that my kids haven't, thank goodness - I had just moved from Belfast to B'ham

'look, mum, that man hasn't had a wash'

my mum was mortified :oops:

Zemanski

My son walked in to a local shop last week and declared very loudly

' I thought it had been halloween!'

I looked round unsure by what he meant and replied ' It has'

Only for him to say ' Why has she got a wig on then'

I turned round to see him glaring at the shop assistant who had bright red hair! :oops:

I didn't buy anything and left the shop very quickly. :wacko:

;) my son quite often shouts out "look at this funny man" just as the man is walking right past me :oops:

my son thinks lots of people are strange-men with long hair confuse him greatly

:oops: but i was totally ashamed when he did it at the checkout in sainsburys

as the lady was quite clearly disabled herself-im not sure how but

she looked very like a small girl-and you could clearly see it didnt match up

my son shouts it out laughing"look at the little girl mum" :shame:

it has happened alot more recently and its getting where i dont know where to put my face or what to say in the situation :blink:

In the line at Tescos........

"Mummy, that woman (whilst pointing at the lady in front of us) has got dirty hair"

After lots of shhhhhhing from mummy :blink:

"Is she like the people in Africa and hasn't got any water?"

I have thousands of these....... :D:blink::rolleyes:

Gawd bless 'im :wub:

:lol: ...............to a young chap at the checkout at M&S, Why has he got necklaces on his teeth(braces)....................to my grandad , your very old are you going to die :o .................To me.........eurrgghh!.your breathe smells (he then started to retch)...........to his teacher........you smell of cigarettes....they will kill you :rolleyes: .

My son (9 yr old with AS) has came out with some stonkers in his short but never dull life.

He asked his grandad and his Auntie if they were having a baby, :oops:

He asked me that too and then went on to say "i know how you make a baby you know" and went on to say that he would like to be responsable for a baby brother :whistle:

He has said to numerus people that they're fat, smelly, do you have false teeth? Is that a wig? OH MY GOD YOUR OLD!!! :unsure:

He saw a young guy working in a supermarket with a ponytail (uh-oh) "why have you got a ponytail? do you want to be a girl? my sisters have ponytails but its ok for them cos they're GIRLS" (v. loudly)

I went to the hairdressers today and when i picked him up he said loudly (is there any other way??) "Oh mum your hairs nice for a change" :crying:

Of course i just gently lead him away, the little cherub :angry: LOL

Take care

Luv

Julie xxx

All my husband can hear is me chuckling loudly as i have read all these.

:lol:

I do often feel that i would like a big hole to swallow me up, but it is so funny later when I think of some of the things he has said.

He told my Mum that she needed to exercise because she was getting fat and went on to tell her what exercise she could do ,in a very informative way !!!

I think it's the serious way that they do it that makes it so funny!!!!! And the way they think they are helping! (Bless!!!!)

I was standing in the local supermarket when older posh lady passed wind. Little one just having learned the word farted and that they smell started laughing then shouted "did you hear her fart, its stinking":oops:, the women looked mortified, I'm trying to hold in laughter when he decided to add "it smells disgusting". She couldn't pay her bill quick enough and the checkout operator thanked my boy for making her day as she would be laughing at the comments all day.

Sometimes the comments can be nice as well, every time my boy sees Catherine Zeta Jones on tv he is convinced it is me. I can assure you I don't look anywhere near as nice as her, but I can fool myself can't I??

:oops: I remember the embarrassment when my son went through a big phase which I tried my best to stop

Wherever we were my son would take any opportunity to slap a womans bottom and shout 'Oi Fat Ass' in his lovely American accent.

Also the proddding of quite a 'posh' lady in the bank saying 'You stink' as her perfume was extremely strong :oops:

Ooh, yes, my son went right up to my mum's face, he stood there studying it for a while, then very seriously said "nanny, your face is all cracked" :oops::lol::lol::lol:

He is also prone to telling people they 'smell' when we are queing, (he is hypersensitive to smells :whistle: )

Another one in a shop, he said "that teenager looks like Augustas Gloop", :oops:

and believe me my son really does talk LOUD :whistle::whistle:

Brook :)

We went to go use the toilets in a local supermarket and as my son went into them i was just about to say to him hurry up wont you but as i went to say his name and tell him this he shouted

Yea yea yea i know mum watch out for the perverts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as a bloke was entering the mens toilets too.

Yea im guilty of drumming it into him that there could be danger lurking even in a toilet. :

The best advice me and my husband were ever given was by a friend with 4 kids when I was pregnant with my first child.

"Never be embarassed by your children or you will be embarassed for the rest of your life!" :lol:

BEST ADVICE EVER!

Daisy

Hi,

:lol::lol::lol:

These posts have really made me giggle.

Kai comes out with this sort of thing ALL the time. I think when they're little they can get away with it, but when they are 7 years old (and looking about 9) it's just sooooo embarassing!

A few weeks ago, we were in the doctor's surgery (something ALWAYS happens in there). There was a crowd of people by the door, just as we were about to leave. Kai can't handle crowds at all, so i knew he would do something embarassing.

Anyway, he ploughed straight through the crowd shouting, "Out the way, you old grannies!" :oops: Shameful!

Loulou x

I just remembered about when Liam (9 yr old with AS) went to the speach & language therapist on the day he got diagnosed.

She had been asking him questions and he had answered her, she didnt hear him and so he shouted " Oi get your ears checked out" :oops:

Unfortunatly she wrote what he said on the report which has been sent to myself, his GP, the child development doctor, ed psyc and his teacher.

Im sure i will think of more LOL

Take care

Luv

Julie xxx

My son is 11 and has developed the strategy of saying to people "I don't mean to cause offense but......." and then saying it anyway!!!!! :wacko:

Lisa

At my brothers wedding the vicar tried to be amusing and made a joke about tupperware parties - congregation titters then my then 3 yr old daughter exclaimed loudly

'was that supposed to be funny then?...' :wub:

Lx