Sign in to follow this  
oracle

ASD Chritsmas Wish List

My wish would be to have the word 'mild' removed from any and all diagnosis of ASD that is given.

The word carries so much weight throughout the spectrum. It impacts on service provision, both educational and social services. It can make the difference between a successful DLA claim and an unsuccessful claim and sends out a message to parents and carers that their children have a condition that should pose very few problems to them. When in reality that can be very far removed from the truth.

I think as a community, which is what I personally see us all as, we deserve to be given a diagnosis that carries the weight of service provision behind it, and not one that enables Authorities to wriggle out of providing anything for our children and adults.

Merry Christmas

Carole

Edited by carole

Hi Carole.

I would like an Island with everyone from this forum on it, we could run our own schools, provide each other with all the suport we need and understand when we can't leave the house to visit because x.y or z has just happened.

What a lovely place that would be. :clap:

Viper.

Would there be chocolate :lol: I would love to live on that island. Who wonts to run the pub

Understanding, awareness and consideration to ALL.

Viper - your island sounds perfect - can we come?

Shall we leave the creche facilities to Baddad! :devil:

Not shure but i'm shure you could work in it. but then this is a dream so you can do wot you wont. I will work in the school :robbie:

Everyone who has had to deal with ASD's and all the official carp, sideways glances, "if that was my child", "my child does that" comments, that goes with it is more than welcome.

It's my idea of parradise. B):dance:

Chocolate is law, everyone must have it unless you have an ASD and wish to be excused. :lol:

Viper.

OK Viper so you buy an Island with a Chocolate Fountain - make that two :lol: I am sure I saw a Chocolate Fountain in the Vicar of Dibley last year? Kerre can man the fountain and make sure we all get our share of chocolate. If that's OK with Kerre?

It goes without saying that Baddad can man the creche he's the perfect choice :whistle: And if the inhabitants are all to be from the forum then we would have to call the Island Krismas Island :P

Carole

Morrisons is empty :o I went back because I had forgotten the stuffing and could have held a Disco there :dance:

Edited by carole

Just off to raid my piggy bank, how much do islads cost these day's anyway? I want one in the sun so none of your cheap arctic icebergs thanks. Has anyone got an estate agents book?

Viper.

Tylers Mum

<----- Him????

This is an ASD wish list woman - does he have ASD? Don't care if he does I started this thread so he's mine. I have always wanted a toy boy :wub::lol:

Carole

For all of us and our kids to have a happy stress free New Year, and for a bit more tolerance from the rest of the world!

Luv Witsend.

I'm with Viper, While there's still ignorance and sh*t ss, LEA's etc.

The island sounds wonderful, if it's too expensive though could we not just take over a village :lol:

and fence it off to non-asd friendly's, our local Sure Start hires a choccy fountain out, I could hire it and not return it :whistle:

Dont ask me to run the pub though, there'd be no booze left :oops:

Madmooch

Guest flutter

more tolerance from all even those who are supposed to be experts

i soo go with the island, or palent even, we have enough chooccy here so i will bring that

I would like an Island with everyone from this forum on it, we could run our own schools, provide each other with all the suport we need and understand when we can't leave the house to visit because x.y or z has just happened.

Does it have to be an island? What about taking over a town or suburb somewhere in the country? Many towns and suburbs have been ghettoised by various different communities - mostly ethnic groups - but also by yuppies, students, and city workers. This country needs a ghetto for people with AS and ASD.

Canopus, that would work, I live in a very small town, in the country and near the sea. We have all the shops you could need, and a Dr's, dentist and vet all in walking distance. We are a bit behind though, some houses don't have mains drainage and when I was telling my DD about the dangers of drugs she said "don't worry mum, they havn't got to ......... ............ yet. The most exciting news recently was there was some grafiti on a park bench. :o (not known in our town before)

When I first moved here 9 years ago I thought I must look like someone else as everyone I passed said hello to me, I then realised it is just the way it is round here.

So, everyone over to my town and we can drive out all the locals. ASD's will rule. :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

Viper.

Tylers Mum

<----- Him????

This is an ASD wish list woman - does he have ASD? Don't care if he does I started this thread so he's mine. I have always wanted a toy boy :wub::lol:

Carole

:lol: Carole, you may have started this thread but you did ask the question and so I answered it! :lol:

Therefore, he is MINE!! :devil:

tylers mum,there will be a fight on this island as he has got to be mine!!i tell you what you can have the chocolate fountain if i can have HIM,agreed?

love the island idea,can i come?...i can cook ya know!my ASD wish would be that a new prime minister is elected and he(or she) has a child with ASD, bet we wouldnt have to fight for our kids so much then

oh and stop fighting over shayne ward ladies......i got him for christmas all tied up with a bow. :P

.......oh ok it was just a dream :tearful:

* That 'low functioning' is similarly removed from diagnosis.

Low functioning = low expectations

* That the Education bill gets defeated

* That 'The Magnificent Seven' gets turned into a TV series.

* That 'The Magnificent Seven' gets turned into a TV series.
:thumbs:

I like that idea it would certainly keep ASD in the front of everyones minds.

Carole

Could be a bit contraversial here and I really don,t mean to be, but what about making AS officially ASD....because .....services for AS(because it,s mild and therefore not as bad , not as dibilitating, etc etc ) :shame: ...............are being scrapped/denied for some :shame: ...........................therefore an umbrella DX would mean that hopefully all those that need access to services get it . :thumbs: .................now did that make sense cos I,ve hit the vino tonite :devil: .................on the subject of Shane Ward :sick: .............no no no ladies..........it would have to be good old Dick Dewey ..that lovely rumpy pumpy on ITV last night in Under the Greenwood Tree.What a lovely specimen :devil: ..........tight breeches... :wub: ..floppy hat... :whistle: ......................................

Could be a bit contraversial here

No I do not think that your idea is in the least bit controversial. It is the 'only' way we will all get to play on a level playing field. It was actually No 1 on my list for our local autism sub group that feeds into the National Children's and Young Peoples plan.

Now the AIM (Sunderland) response to that proposed plan 'that was' controversial and timed for them all to receive it on 23rd December when they were left looking like this :o And with no way of addressing it until after Christmas :angry: Hmm I wonder where I learnt that little trick :devil:

Carole

How about a blood/ urine test that would prove beyond doubt that i am not a neurotic mother?

It would save so much time; every new professional, GP etc for the last 6 and a half years, and every ###### year with a new teacher having to grit my teeth and smile for a term until they realise that no i'm not an anxious/deluded/attention seeking woman making it all up, and yes when i say J is sobbing for an hour every morning and most of the weekend because he is terrified of school, he is, and when i say that his extreme quietness in class is because he is existing in a permenant state of buttoned down panic, i'm right, and if they could please see their way to excuse him from the worst excesses of his lunatic class's screaming PE/music/art sessions that would make all the difference, it does.

Sorry if this is a rant but J's class teacher left just before Christmas so we have to go through the whole thing twice this year and i'm gearing myself up for 'breaking in' another new teacher in January.

If i could just present a conclusive medical certificate stating that i am not neurotic or mentally unstable, it would save my son weeks of distress whilst i convince each new person that my word on my child can be trusted and my suggestions about what works for him are worth listening to.

I suppose i should be used to it by now, but i resent it on my son's behalf. The thing is, when you can see in someones eyes that they suspect you of being over-protective and mildly hysterical, you have to stay completely calm to the point of banality for yonks in order to convince them otherwise, trying forcefulness or assertiveness only confirms their suspiscions of you.

Moan over; merry christmas everyone.

sorry to be so trivial, but I'm with Suze on Dick Dewey :rolleyes: I've had to post this cos it's really bugging me where I've seen him before ??

What a name ! I'd put up with being called 'Fancy Day'.......

As for the wish list, where to start ?

Most improbable idea is for all professionals involved with an asd child to take a child home for the weekend and see how they manage to remain 'calm and composed', this may need to be done with one of those doll/robot things to avoid danger to any child :devil:

Like everyone else I suppose my main wish is for acceptance to just be (in peace !).

wac

apologises for taking the thread awry but you,ve seen Dick Dewey before in your dreams Wac :lol: ............well I most certainly have :rolleyes: .Gorgeous :wub: ....................ooohh going all Dewy :wub:

apologises for taking the thread awry but you,ve seen Dick Dewey before in your dreams Wac :lol: ............well I most certainly have :rolleyes: .Gorgeous :wub: ....................ooohh going all Dewy :wub:

Dick Dewey (james murray) oh, yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :devil::devil: He's the best thing I've seen on

TV in a long time. Sorry Wac & Suze, he's mine, well in my dreams anyway.... :wub:

Sorry Carole.

Brook

My daughter would LOVE the chocolate fountain, she would go paddling in it and rolling in it then sit there licking it off her arms and hands and anywhere else she could reach :clap:

I agree with everyone! Give the LEA's an asd/as child for twenty four hours and then say oh no you cant have any help!

Sleep would also be quite high on my wish list!

And if we are going for the island My hubby runs an off licence so we could always expand!

Bonafide Wines on Krismas Island! Sounds cool!

Hahahah :clap:

Supersec