Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

very sad today,

I feel very sad today,our little dog, Rosie died yesterday evening.

She was diagnosed with cancer in July and she has been quite happy and well until a yesterday when she suddenly became very ill. I knew it was the end for her and it would be her last visit to the vet. My sister came to take us both in her car and she slipped into unconciousness as I held her in the car and died just as we reached the vets.

She was a little beagle who we bought as a playmate for my son 13 years ago. She was very naughty, greedy and was always attached to my son in the hope of a titbit. My son loved her and one of the hardest parts of all this is that he doesnt have the language skills needed for us to tell him what has happened. For him she will have simply disappeared, which may actually be easier.

Lorainexx

>:D<<'> Really sorry to hear about that, 13 is a good age, but I can understand it also means she was very much part of the family, I break my heart so much when we loose a pet we've had to stop getting any more.

Awww, it was very sad when our family dog died a few years ago too. She was very old too and the vet came round and gave her an injection.

It might be a good idea to tell your son what has happened even though you don't think he understands - at least if you do he has a chance of understanding, even if its only a small chance.

I hope you are not feeling too sad.

>:D<<'> to you. Its awful when you lose a pet - they really are part of the family and it doesn't matter if you know its for the best or not, it still hurts.

Lynne x

>:D<<'> I cried buckets when our Guinea Pig died in my arms - to me he was one of the family. And a very important one at that. Our little pigs act as stress busters for all of us - especially Matthew who confides in them when he finds it difficult to talk to us :( So I know how you feel. I bet that you will all miss your little dog terribly. Even though Matthew was standing next to me when our little pig died it took him two years before he would admit that Sooty was dead and would not be coming back. He told everyone that he was hibernating and got very angry if anyone said any different. It was only when my Dad died that he told me that he did know that Sooty was dead and he felt better now that Grandad was there to take care of him - so you see to Matthew Sooty was just as important as his Granddad who he loved dearly.

>:D<<'> Carole

She was a very strong dog to survive that long with cancer!

I think it was probably better that she 'went' in the car,rather than in the vets because she was surrounded by the people she has grown up with and wasn't subjected to the clinical smells and strange people in the vetinary clinic/animal hospital.

When my brother died we got all the kids to draw pictures or what ever they wanted and attached them to helium balloons and sent them to heaven. The children were aged 3-10 and obviously 1 of them was Autistic. This did help the children to understand that there uncle had gone to heaven.

Jen

Loraine, >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to hear the sad news of your little Rosie,

pets really do become part of the family and it's really sad to say goodbye to them. :(

Brook >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> So sorry to hear about your loss :(

My heart goes out to your son. Did he know that Rosie was ill?

Maybe with jen's idea he could grasp a little about heaven.

When my mum died (just after her birthday) my children were only young and they all drew pictures and sent her birthday cards with her to help them understand.

Im really sorry to hear about Rosie and your sadness.

I lost my dog years ago and I miss him still.

Do you know the Rainbow Bridge story?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

redberry

lorry >:D<<'> when my mum and dads dog died he was 17 and I was at work by then. I was devastated and had to have the day off. He was part of my childhood and I missed him like mad. It's a really sad day when pets die, but I think in the end you remember the great things about them. Our dog had his own cup that he drank tea out of, and he would howl in distress if Jimmy osmond came on singing the long haired lover from Liverpool. (come to think of it we all used to howl)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> lorryw >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :(

Here's the Rainbow Bridge story.

Good suggestion redberry, thank you :)

Edited by ~Jonathan~

Lorraine >:D<<'> :tearful: I'm really sorry to hear about your wee dog. i dread to think how Lewis would take it if anything happened to our dog. He loves her sp much. :tearful:

lorry my mum was devastated when her dog died,it was a horrible time for her >:D<<'> to you

isent that rainbow bridge poem lovely,thanks for the link jonathan

You're very welcome hev >:D<<'> but thanks must go to redberry :thumbs: for suggesting it to begin with.

Yes, it is lovely. Makes me emotional every time I read it.

:crying: ...............I,m crying ..........our family dog died on boxing day..........he was lovely, spent my teens hugging him when I,d been chucked by a boy friend.He was a great dog and really loved us back.Lorry I,m so sorry your lovely dog has gone, I hope your son is o.k.The rainbow bridge poem started me crying.........got a huge lump in my throat. :tearful:

Thank you all for your kind words.

I will read the poem a little later. I cant even open the kitchen door first thing in the morning because she was always there.

Lorainexxx

I feel very sad today,our little dog, Rosie died yesterday evening.

She was diagnosed with cancer in July and she has been quite happy and well until a yesterday when she suddenly became very ill. I knew it was the end for her and it would be her last visit to the vet. My sister came to take us both in her car and she slipped into unconciousness as I held her in the car and died just as we reached the vets.

She was a little beagle who we bought as a playmate for my son 13 years ago. She was very naughty, greedy and was always attached to my son in the hope of a titbit. My son loved her and one of the hardest parts of all this is that he doesnt have the language skills needed for us to tell him what has happened. For him she will have simply disappeared, which may actually be easier.

Lorainexx

Lorry, so sorry to hear about your loss :crying:

We understand how much a void there will be :(

I hope your son will be alright, give him a big >:D<<'> from me.

We lost our cavalier 7 years ago, she is still greatly missed.

We now have another cavalier, now 10 months old who is really great with our ds, they have become real playmates :D.

We will say a :pray: for your beloved " Rosie"

Our condolences

Pretty Pallomino

Hi there,

If you go a way down you'll see that there's a Monday Pet Loss Candle Ceremony:-

Pet Loss page

In Europe:

Central Europe - 10:00 PM GMT

UK - 9:00 PM GMT

On Monday evenings all across the globe we light candles in memory of our pets. It is a very healing ritual with no adherence to any religion or creed, just a simple lighting of candles to bring us all together.

While there is an on-line Ceremony in the Chat Room every Monday, the Candle Ceremony does not have to be done on-line. Each of us can light our candles in our own way, and privately, but since we share a common love and since most of us do light them at the same time, we are joined in love and in spirit.

More here

>:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> its a moment in time we all dread.

Perhaps you could plant a rose or something for remembrance, a healing thing. It helps.

Hailey :(

So sorry for you lorraine :(>:D<<'> it is hearbreaking to lose a pet,they are very much family members,we buried our 15 year old jack russell in my mums garden and he has his own tree growing on him,a wooden cross,pebbles saying love and peace and his own little memorial plaque saying "our wee man".I take him flowers every anniversary and think of him all the time,time is a great healer,be easy on yourself xx

Lorraine I am ever so sorry to hear about Rosie. RIP little Rosie.

And your son is actually not wrong...she is disappeared to "Rainbow Bridge" there where our beloved pets go to, when they pass away.

She must have been a very strong doggy keeping up so long with cancer.

Lots of >:D<<'> for all of you,

SylvXXX