Sign in to follow this  
adamsmum

My scan

big healthy boy :D I will have a five a side team on the 21st sept as im being induced. We are very happy but need a boys name as we have run out so ideas please

Edited by adamsmum

Congrats thats great news!!! Its so hard naming a child, we could not decided on our dd name so we put 10 names into a hat a let our son draw one, thank goodness it was the name i wanted in the beginning...

Justamom

Congrats to you!

My fave names for boys are: Dylan, Joshua, Jamie, Thomas, Ashley, Harry, Harrison, Jake....I could go on...i'm indecisive!!

Enjoy choosing your faves!! :D

Congratulations >:D<<'>

That day is my wedding anniversary AND my eldest's birthday (year's later :P )

Edited by annie

Fab news,wow 5 boys!!!!!!! :o Glad all is well,sorry cant give you many names,im struggling myself,have a girls name but not boys,but..names i like...Ellis,Zachary,Harley,Brogan,Brodie,Louis,Lewis,Dion....a few to be going on with... :thumbs:

k chose 1st name max and hubby chose middle name blake. so its max,blake,surname.

That's great, adamsmum :) . I'm glad I've only ever had to come up with two sets of names! The bible's a good source of traditional boys names - unless you've already exhausted that supply!

I hope everything continues to go well with the pregnancy.

K x

Congrats Adamsmum,

My fave names are: Cory, Conor, Kieran, Kyle, Kai, Sean (Bean/Connery!!!), Callum, George....(think I'd better stop now I could go on forever).

Take care,

Jb

Out of interest, would anyone here ever give their baby a name that isn't British or generally considered as British?

Well....I dont think my daughters name...India ...would be considered very british :huh:

Edited by lindy-lou

Yeah, i would give my child a "non british" name....

Boys names that i like are:- Riley/Declan/Dylan/Dean/Luke/Joshua/Kai just a few off the top of me head!

Justamom

Out of interest, would anyone here ever give their baby a name that isn't British or generally considered as British?

Can I ask why it matters?

If new names were not thought up from time to time we would all be running around calling each other Ethelred or Gwendoline still. The origin of a name is hardly an important reason for most people not to use it. The origin of many names still in use today can be traced back through the bible: James, Peter, Matthew, and Luke being just four examples.

Hi Adums mum,

I'm back with some more names for you:-

Madison - Daniel

Aian - Austin

Ethan - Cameron

Tyler - Mason

Caleb - Lucas

Noah - Cole

Tristan - Charlie

Cody - Jamie

Edited by justamom

Well, one son has a Greek name, and the other has a Latin name!!

Then the girls are Hebrew and Welsh!!

Good bit of multi-culturism :clap::clap:

Bid :D

Names from outside Europe - with the exception of Bible names - have made virtually no impact amongst the native British people. The converse is also true amongst certain ethnic communities in Britain. Third generation babies of Indian subcontinent origin are almost always given Asian names rather than British names unless their parents are Christian.

Congratulations!!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

My two boys both have gaelic/celtic type names, Morgan & Niall :D & my little girl has the very traditional name of Alice :D

>:D<<'> Wonderful a bouncing boy........again!!!! i get broody from time to time and everone assumes because i have 3 boys i want to try for a girl but i wouldn't care come what may it's all amazing stuff. Names i like are, Callum, Noah, Dylan, Kai, Ben, and of coarse jamie, lewis and Aiden. :wub:

We couldn't decide on names either - eventually had a competition. Whoever picked the name we eventually chose would win a cake of their choice made by me (don't worry I can cook!!) So we ended up with Tristan, which I liked because it means "noisy one" or "tumultuous din" and he was................ the quietist baby ever and is still a quiet young man of well over 6ft and nearly 20. Alas now commonly known as "T" from when his little sis could not say his name and called him"TT." Have fun choosing, love Kat

Hi,

Congratulations. I had Oliver as a name throughout my pregnancy, and when he was born he definately wasn't an Oliver so i called him Kai instead! Kai is a Hawaiin name, which suits him as he has big brown eyes and black curly hair!

Loulou x

How about these names: Yaman, Kambiz, Anees, Sohail, Riaz, Arran, Selim, Rostam, Darmesh.

I think they are all pre-Islamic names from the middle east and I have encountered British people with them.

Ha ha my boys are called Asa James Maverick and Griffin Zakk Nathaniel "Ace & Griff"... we just wanted to give the family something to moan about amongst themselves! :lol:

Good luck with coming up with something appropriate!