bid

Midlife Crisis...

Well, I hit 40 in February :crying:

But two weeks ago I got a tattoo :o , and today I had fabby highlights done for the first time ever!! :clap::clap:

How about any of you?? :lol:

Boho :dance:

oh bid that 40 is creeping ever nearer for me too :( ..........I did toy with the idea of skinny jeans a while back.........but felt the lycra in them would,nt be able to cope with a sunday roast /full tummy belly.So I chickened out and went for the good old reliable loose/boy fit :D instead.Got all my chopped off as well and dyed blonde :lol: ...........thinking I,d look younger..............I,m now in the process of growing it again :rolleyes: .

Go Bid :dance::dance:

When I hit 40, I had 2 tattoos done. A few months after, hubby went to get a tattoo, but I had another one done instead :o

As for the hair, I'm going lighter at the moment.

I still feel like I'm in my twenties in my mind, the trouble is, my body doesn't always agree :P

Annie

:D

Im 37 and i had 7 tatoos done over a period of 6 months when i was 36.

I like to dye my haire in shades of red and have it all messy and stuck up all over the place.im also fond of tshirts and knickers with slogans on them.

Youre never too old i dont think and youre a long time dead as my grandma used to say !!!!!!!!

Go For it. :D

Well, I'm going to be 40 next year and had my first ever tattoo done on Tuesday :lol::lol: Took me 20 years to pluck up the courage...so no one can say I rushed into it on a whim. It was great, and I'm planning my next :D Strange thing was that I was still worried what my mum might think.... :wacko: Although needn't of worried, because our daughter told her before she even made it thru the front door :lol::lol: Also joined a gym this year...thinking of going vegetarian......have discovered Ann Summers website :o:lol: I think I'll stop there :whistle:

Debs :D

Edited by Bagpuss

Guest flutter

i am being me

still ditherin on tattoo tho to the great disgust of dd lol

i felt whole when i hit 40, and happy

and i would not go back for the world :dance:

I'm 35 at the end of the month and have been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo... Do you watch Miami Ink???? Its great and they have some great ideas for tat's..

Yeah, i've got high lights too - need a touch up but its sooooo expensive...

Well I'm getting it in early I think (the big 40 next year):

I had a tatt at 18

A bit of cosmetic surgery last year ( :o )

Just bought a VERY fast car.

I've bin blonde for decades, now going thru a copper stage (can't afford the hairdresser cost, so hubby does a home colour for me & he doesn't do a bad job, considering he's a plumber!!!)

Dunno - I might get something 'done' when i hit forty, but not sure what...Still, plenty of time to make my mind up! :lol::lol::lol:;)

BD :D

(who knows, i might even do a course in basic math)

I wouldnt dare have cosmetic surgery me too scared incase it went wrong plus im skint.

Its best to grow old disgracefully,sod the odd wrinkle and no ###### sees the cellulite if yer in jeans.The secret is good underwear and a husbands fadeing eyesight who is prefably older than you are so you always look that bit younger.

I will hit the big 40 in September. :crying:

I've toyed with leaving the country and going to see the Roman remains in Herculaneum and Pompeii but I'm afraid of flying and the car journey would take too long

Then I considered walking the Pennine Way but my Lupus put an end to that! :(

So.....I thought I might try walking St Cuthbert's Way instead which takes about 3 days which I may be able to manage and I can raise money for charity at the same time.

I want to be 3 stone slimmer by my birthday (I've lost over 2 and a half stone but this last half stone just WILL NOT SHIFT!)

I want a tummy tuck (in my dreams), I want to be pampered in a nice relaxing spa and I don't want a tattoo because it hurt enough having my ears pierced.

And I don't want a surprise party :party::party::partytime::partytime::balloon::balloon:

well i might be coming up for 33 but i still love the odd night out clubbing till dawn ( dunno how i ever did it friday saturday and sometimes sunday nights phew!) I love T in the Park (our equivelant to your Glastonbury) i love pop/rock concerts and alcopops, ripped jeans and i got a tattoo a couple of years ago!!! :devil::devil:

I hit 40 last November and the most exciting thing I did was get highlights. I'm too much of a coward to get a tatoo but I might summon up the courage if I manage to lose a little bit of weight :P I wouldn't want to have any surgery but I'd love a hollywood smile :D

Edited by Lauren

Dunno - I might get something 'done' when i hit forty, but not sure what...Still, plenty of time to make my mind up! :lol::lol::lol:;)

BD :D

(who knows, i might even do a course in basic math)

Well, like Baddad, I am some distance away from 40 so not too worried about hitting it... :D;)

I do like to shop in youngish clothes shops, although sometimes I have to be really firm with myself and tell myself I might have looked good in it 20 years ago but NOT NOW.

When my husband turned 40 I threatened to trade him in for two 20 year olds. :devil:

K x

When my husband turned 40 I threatened to trade him in for two 20 year olds. :devil:

K x

20 year olds! :o Sound like too much hard work for me. I'll stick to my old beardy sitting in his chair with his real ale, impressive paunch, discovery channel and gentle hugs (lovely) - Oh he's younger than me by the way. :D Everyone used to call me a cradle snatcher when he was 15 and I was 17 :P

i'm 40 nxt yr aswell! had tattoo at 34,decided to be a rebel that wk,then was terrified my dad would break my neck!! I've got a seahorse,reason being....its the only member of the male species that gives birth and knows what true pain is.... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here, here :clap:

Note for anyone wanting a tattoo but scared of pain.......you can now have pain free tattoo :thumbs: Thats how I had mine done, and why it took 20 years. They use a gel, which numbs surface of the skin....fab B) BTW I had a butterfly on my back......no deep or funny meaning, other than it wasn't too big and I was a wuss :D

Now planning my next BIGGER one :lol::lol:

Take care,

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here, here :clap:

Note for anyone wanting a tattoo but scared of pain.......you can now have pain free tattoo :thumbs: Thats how I had mine done, and why it took 20 years. They use a gel, which numbs surface of the skin....fab B) BTW I had a butterfly on my back......no deep or funny meaning, other than it wasn't too big and I was a wuss :D

Now planning my next BIGGER one :lol::lol:

Take care,

Also found out last wk,for my big 40,instead of the big party which i would hate my 3 older dd's are paying for me and my best friend to go to GRAND CANARIA, something to look forward to!!! they only told me cuz they didn't think i would leave my dd(asd)home without me for a week,but i know shes in safe hands,my girls know her better than anyone apart from me!!ohh and eldest who'll be 22 by then and very much the level headed one found out today shes qualified as a nurse after 3yrs training :band::thumbs:

Midlife Crisis! :o I've just realised ...........................

........................... I MISSED IT!!!!!!! :o

I would love a tattoo but I have psoriasis and it would turn into one big patch of flaky skin. :sick: Not a nice sight. I would also love a face lift but again any cuts would just turn into flaky skin so no improvement in that .

I'll just have to stay as gorgeous as I am right now. :rolleyes:

Guest hallyscomet

When I reached 40 I decided I was bored being a blonde so I went strawberry blonde, carrot top, auburn, brunette and then dark brown, to black :lol::lol: oh the fun of it. Its so much fun playing with colour.

Well I grew it all out and back to happy me not as blonde as I used to be but a softer blonde and I really like it.The beach is the problem. Always makes my hair lighter, and I prefer it a bit darker.

Talking about midlife crisis for some reason the term midlife crisis ' I cant help thinking Jamie Lee Curtis :lol::lol::lol::lol::devil: she is so funny. In Freaky Friday, sooo funny.. Shes not having a midlife crisis but it brings to mind what some people fear it to be :lol:

Makes my insides hurt everytime from laughing such a great film

Check it out :thumbs::thumbs: if you haven't watched this film, where have you been :shame::shame::lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0322330/

Edited by hallyscomet

Like Nellie, I seem to have missed out on the joys of a midlife crisis :(:P

I blame it on a song I learnt as a kid:

"How do I know my youth is all spent,

My get up and go just got up and went.

But in spite of it all I still have to grin

When I think of the places my get up has been!" :devil:

enjoy

nemo

I'm not having a mid-life crisis but really want a second tattoo - had my first done at 19 - a dolphin on my right hip bone - which now looks rather the worse for wear after two kids!

I want one on my lower back but something that signifies family - need inspiration.

I seem to do things when I cut my hair - I had really long hair, cropped it short and had my naval pierced - grew it out, had it cropped and had my tattoo done, grew it out, had it cropped and did a parachute jump! Now its been short for ages but changes colour all the time.

Lynne x

Now its been short for ages but changes colour all the time.

Lynne x

I'd see a doctor about that if i was you...............

:whistle:

What tattoos do you all have?

Mine is a smallish celtic knot, at the base of my spine.

It's really special to me, and I love it! :clap:

Boho :dance:

You lot and your tattoo's and highlights ....! Can you hear me tutting???

I was expecting you to all tell me you had done naked skydiving, bought yourselves a sports car and a boob job and got yourself a sexy 21 year old fella.

... oh and a plumber hair colourist ... that made me giggle!

I was expecting you to all tell me you had done naked skydiving, bought yourselves a sports car and a boob job and got yourself a sexy 21 year old fella.

And that was just Baddad............with the exception of the 21 year old fella bit :lol:

Being Scottish........a small thistle on my right buttock would have been nice. Cue baddad. :whistle:

Or you could have plumped for a nice, detailed depiction of the Edinburgh tattoo... :o;)

All that canvas for one wee thistle seems such a waste ;);)

:lol::lol: Oooooh you are naughty but i like it........ :lol::lol: poor nells!! :o

I have a Charles rennie Mackintosh design just at the top of my left buttock, very nice...... i'm not sure what i'd like to have done if i ever venture to the tattooist again.... the skin numbing stuff sounds good though!

:lol::lol: Oooooh you are naughty but i like it........ :lol::lol: poor nells!! :o

I have a Charles rennie Mackintosh design just at the top of my left buttock, very nice...... i'm not sure what i'd like to have done if i ever venture to the tattooist again.... the skin numbing stuff sounds good though!

Och - there's a thing... I was talking about Charles Rene (sp?) Mackintosh a wee while ago... I briefly knew a wee Scottish lassie who wore CRM earrings and Necklaces and stuff... I don't think she ever got to wear one of his schools, factorys or office blocks, but he was her favourite designer :lol::lol:

I just like him for his NAME... It is so quintessentially SCOTTISH :lol::lol: if you say it in a Scorts accent ye canne help but roll it aroond the hooses a bit!

L&P

BD

And as for you nellie -well, personally i think the best place for a thistle is on a thruppeny bit: And i didn't realise how good a pun that was until I wrote it and the cockney rhyming slang for 'thruppeny bit' leapt into my head - now you DEFINITELY can't have one on your buttock ;):lol::lol::lol:

My tatoos are as follows

Symbol for woman on top of my foot.

Cross on the back of my ankle

Dragon on my shoulder

Butterfly on my arm at the top

Dragonfly on my inner wrist

Big fancy design on the base of my spine

And a circle with a load of fancy markings on the back of my neck.

I quiete enjoyed the paine of getting tatooed.But like my husband often says im nutts and have a certificate to proof it.

The next one im going to get is up the side of my hand to the tip of my little finger.When ive got the cash coz its expensive.

My husband also has tatoos.I keep going on at him to get more but againe its the cost.

Edited by Paula