hev

steve in hospital

woke up at 3 am last night cos i felt something was wrong,heard steve and he was having a big epileptic fit,thrashing about,i was terrified,couldnt make him wake up,called 999 and rushed us up there,just popped in to get change of clothes then going back up hosp,are giving him epileptic tabs and going for eeg up kings,my poor little baby,thought i had lost him

Hi hen >:D:D<

Does S have epilepsy or is this something new? 2 reasons -

1 - I've heard it's not uncommon for people to have 1 or 2 fits in their lives at stressy/transition time and then never have another again

2 - If it's new, what do they think might have triggered it
now...

If this is his first the timing seems a little beyond coincidence given everything else that has been going on...

Very best to you all - hope you have some answers soon...

L&P

BD >:D<<'>

oh hev................gawd don,t know what to type , how do you convey a big hug , what a rollercoaster you,ve had lately.Thinking of you take care sweetie hugs suzex................hope steve is home and better soon.

This could also account for the mood swings and the raised levels of aggression to.

Oh Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

When will it end for you.

Cat

Oh hun :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Cat is right, epileptic activity can cause aggressive behaviour and mood swings.

Really hope you get some answers soon.

You know we are all thinking of you so much, Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Bidxx

OMG, you poor thing >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

It must have been terrifying. Hope he's ok and they get to the bottom of this.

Big big hugs to you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and Steve >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Loulou xx

Oh Hev... so sorry. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and Steve.

I was hoping that his little absences you'd asked about a month or so back were not absences at all. But as was already mentioned it could account for his moods and behaviour lately.

I'm assuming because he's on meds that he has had more than one really close together, or a really long one?

I know it doesn't help, but I do know how you feel just now. I was in the same position with R when he was 16 months old. I thought I was losing him and it felt like the end of my world.

But meds are wonderful these days, and if it is epilepsy (and not a one off), it may well be developmental, caused by hormonal changes during puberty. Also, epilepsy is so unpredictable - bad times AND good times. R (who will always have epilepsy, due to a cortical malformation) has been seizure-free for 8 months - with NO MEDS! He's having a good time, and it's possible it could last for years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... hang in there, things will get better.

Keep us posted and remember we're all here for you.

>:D<<'>

Hev, I know you've suspected epilepsy for a while now. I know you didn't want this to happen, but at least it's got the medics to take you seriously over your concerns. It could be a good thing in the long run. Hopefully the medication can prevent it from happening again.

Thinking of you and Steve, hope you can all get back to normal ASAP, hopefully better than normal actually.

T x

hev >:D<<'> You're having a rotten time aren't you hun? >:D<<'>

Hope Steve is ok.... and you too.....

Love and best wishes

Flora XX

Oh hev, i can't convey in text how much i feel for your situation at the moment, all i can say is you've had more than your fair share thats for sure! Wish i could take the bad times away for you.

Hope steve is much better now and you are feeling ok too, hopefully you are getting answers as i type and things improve for all your family quickly.

My dd had supposed involuntary breath holding fit at 18mnth and was in hosp for three days, they couldn't get her to regain conciousness for three hours, used all sorts of meds, it was a terrifying experience and i also thought i was losing her so can identify and somewhat empathise with you, >:D<<'> she's had 15 milder episodes since and im learning to cope.

I hope this was a one off occurance for steve, and with everything going on for you all, it does sound likely that it may have been triggered by anxiety, so hopefully people will give you more support now!!

Let us all know how steve is when you can, loads of hugs and kisses and support to you all xxxx

Jev, I'm so so sorry to hear about Steve. I hope he makes a speedy recovery, and that you and the doctors can get the epilepsy under control soon.

Remember we are here for you anytime you need a shoulder. >:D<<'>

home from hospitalnow thank god,hes on epilepsy tablets and going to the epilepsy clinic at the hospital,explains all the blank spells he was having,relieved im getting help now,thankyou to all you lot who i consider my friends,you really are caring and lovely,i mean that

hev.... I'm so glad he's home >:D<<'>

Do you think this could explain alot of his behaviour? Hope that doesn't sound glib but as others have said it could be a huge contributing factor.

love and best wishes to all of you

Flo' >:D<<'>

Hi Hev,

Sorry to hear what you are going through right now. >:D<<'>

We went through this with my daughter when she was 9 happened just when she went off to sleep. She had another at the hospital and lost all feeling down her left side so they kept her in hospital for two weeks then did Catscans and an MRI.

Thinking of you, I imagine you are running on pure adrenaline at the moment, so take it easy.

Hope you get some answers soon why it happened!

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D<

F xx

doesnt sound glib flo thats what the doctor said as well,explains a few things.

hes gone out with dad today,im very nervous but he said he dont want epilepsy controlling his life!!

Only just seen this Hev. Sorry you've had to go through this, on top of everything else. Relieved for you that he's home and with medication. I'm sure you'll both get used to handling this, as you always do!

Karen

x

Hi Hev,

Sorry to hear what you are going through right now. >:D<<'>

We went through this with my daughter when she was 9 happened just when she went off to sleep. She had another at the hospital and lost all feeling down her left side so they kept her in hospital for two weeks then did Catscans and an MRI.

Thinking of you, I imagine you are running on pure adrenaline at the moment, so take it easy.

Hope you get some answers soon why it happened!

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D<

F xx

Just adding my daughter didnt have another incident after these two.... she had annual EEG's and there was still activity there for about 3 years and eventually she came off the meds and they said if she didnt have another she may never have one again ever.

>:D<<'>