hev

steve struggling

phoned me up at 7.30 2day to say he misses me and wants to come home,he didnt sleep last night,i know its going to take a lot of getting used to for him,i didnt like hearing his voice so upset,hes home today for weekend which is good,

Early days yet Hev, he's bound to be get homesick. Roll on the weekend eh?

I know this is different, but when S went to uni, she rang me up early in the morning of the 1st day, I havent slept all night, she said, I hate it here, she said, I've no friends, she said, I want to leave, she said.....

I worried myself SICK about her all day, then rang her in the evening. Whaddya want, I havent time to talk, I'm off on a pub crawl, she said :rolleyes:

I stopped worrying after that :lol:

Hev, there are bound to be up's and down's, beginning of term is always hard and this change for Steve is enormous he's going to feel all sorts of mixed emotions. Lets hope he settles quickly once the routine is in place.

Clare x x x

PS don't want to sound negative, but just be aware your weekend might not go as expected or hoped.

Hev its going to be really hard for him and I am wondering is there a support staff that could help him deal with the seperation, and maybe look at some destraction tasks, to help him, or even some councilling, I have some feelings that if it gets too hard soon you may let him come home and not return even before really trying it, if this isnt given the oportunity to really give this a go then it could be the last chance he really has and that would really sad to see him go down another road if he wasnt given the support his special needs requires.

Is there anyway the school could support your son more, to take the pressure off you as well, as its going to be agony already, I know I would cave in if J was to ring me early hours, I understand he misses you but the contact could also be detrimental to the early process here.

When he returns just see if there is a named staff memeber he can go and talk to first before he actually calls you, if after talking he still wants to call, talk then at least he has talked to someone first.

cricky this is going to be really hard, but I really do think that this should be given time to see if it is the right place for stevie.

JsMum

guess what?!!!!he came home and says hes enjoying it!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: im so pleased,i know we gonna have hiccups but so far so good,thanks for yr support >:D<<'>

thanks everyone,im hoping tomorrow morning goes smoothly,taxi coming at 7 so got to get him up at 6,first full week this week and katie starts big school in the morning :wub:

Hev,

Hope all goes well for the morning, bit of an emotional rollercoaster what with Katie going to big school too.

Go easy on yourself.

Clare x x x