Kathryn

What film makes you cry buckets?

I spent a pleasant afternoon watching ET with my son who has never seen it. I remember the first time - I was 18 ish(?) and was too emabarrassed to leave the cinema - had to sit there for ages till everyone had gone - my mascara was running..

I don't cry easily in films and a lot of films may move me once only but not when I see them again. But I've seen ET several times since and every time, despite bracing myself, I have the same reaction! That parting scene at the end. Those kids are so convincing.

I do so love a good cry - for all the right reasons. :rolleyes::crying:

So - what film gets you going?

K x

What film makes me cry buckets?

Dirty Dancing

I cannot believe such a puerile waste of time EVER got made... I weep for all the good scripts that finish up in wastepaper bins because commercial C**p like that makes more money....

:devil::devil::whistle:

E.T every time as well, Imitation of life, Beaches.

I can cry at the drop of a hat so i don't know if i am a good judge of a weepy film but these films always do it.

Nic

I would have to say "Notting Hill" with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts

This one does me in everytime especially the part where Julia confesses her feelings, :crying::wub: almost has me in tears just typing this. Have a lump in my throat, oh thanks Kathryn :crying::shame::wub:>:D<<'> I love this film. :)

and...... Forrest Gump. When the little girl Jenny tells him to run.... :tearful::unsure:

Titanic...... when Jack dies

Oh Kathryn now I want to watch them again :crying::tearful:

But then also 'Its a wonderful life', Ghost, and Fried Green tomatoes.

But then also 'Its a wonderful life',

Oh, you've just reminded me, it's nearly time to watch it again!! I'll have to choose an afternoon when everyone else is out so I can bawl in peace. "Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!!" "Zuzu's petals!!" Oh, God, I'm off already!! :crying::tearful:

Oh, and Shawshank, every single time :crying:

Karen

x

What film makes me cry buckets?

Dirty Dancing

I cannot believe such a puerile waste of time EVER got made... I weep for all the good scripts that finish up in wastepaper bins because commercial C**p like that makes more money....

:devil::devil::whistle:

Baddad how could you.....it's one of the best films ever!!! :P

Well the film i can have a good cry over is Indecent Proposal, whether i watch it from the beginning or find it on the tv and watch half way thru it still makes me blub. It is at the same point every time.....when Billy Conelly is auctioning of animals and woody Harrelson buys Demi the hippos, gets me every time. Then just as i sort myself out the end gets me when they are on the pier, i don't just blub, i sob. Everytime i am at this point hubby dissappears and comes back with some tissues :wub:

I don't have any particular films that make me cry, but a heroic rescue against all odds always gives me a lump in my throat!

Its the bit in the Railway Children, when the steam clears, & Bobbie shouts, Daddy ... my Daddy!

:crying: Every single flippin time. The family all swivel round in their chairs to laugh at me.

oh i have to say Titanic :rolleyes: It just so sad :tearful:

B got very upset about that one, not the people mind, but the antique car that went down with the ship.

He even researched the model, and drew a sketch of it.

Put his hands over his eyes at the kissing etc, too gross to watch! I think that's boy rather than AS though! :lol:

I like weepy movies, the lastest one was Miss Potter, when she found our her boyfriend had died, that really upset me, wierd ending though????

An old film around the same time as ET is

Who will love my Children.

A women with 10 children and she has to give them new homes before she dies, one with Epilepsy gets left till last but he does find a new home with his brother, lovely ending, but very emotional.

Lots of films make me cry, even adverts!

Disneyfilms get me the most I cried in the Last Minsey.

What makes me really laugh though is Jim Carey, also Tom Hanks when he was in BIG.

JsMum

oh i have to say Titanic :rolleyes: It just so sad :tearful:

This was one of the biggie moments for me when I realised I was so different from others. It came out soon after I'd started my u/grad degree and the whole wing of my hall, who were all teacher trainees, went to see it. I didn't find it upsetting at all - I never have found films upsetting - and it led to all sorts of comments being made about me.

Saying that, my sister got me 'I am Sam' for my birthday this year - that did make me cry, and it felt really wierd.

A couple have made me well up :tearful: when i first watched them.

Kind of depends on the mood you're in at the time too though..

Pay it forward, The pursuit of happiness, Serendipity, Forest Gump ('coz he's soooo like M! :wub: ), I am sam........

ET - for very different reasons - it was on telly when i was around 11/12 years old, and i was all on my own for xmas day that year :tearful:. I still can't bear to watch it now.

I've never watched It's a wonderful life - or The sound of music! We didn't watch much telly when i was ickle - now, when those films come on i get 'Eugh - turn it over, i've seen it a thousand times!' ............ hence why i always miss it! :rolleyes:

well its a wonderful life is an all time favourite with me i usually go to see it at a wonderful old cinema in glasgow on christmas eve but can't this year due to work but will watch it on dvd when the house is tidied bubs is in bed the tree lights are on and everything is right with my world. i can't wait.

Nic

OMG.....I cry at so many things and find books and films really good for making me weep :tearful:

Before I opened the thread I'd thought of ET, Forrest Gump, Titanic, Its a wonderful life, Beaches etc etc ., Westside Story another good one and Ghost there are so many, I look forward to reading the rest of the list so I can go "Ooooh yes that's a good one"

Clare x x x

Oh lord guys you,ve missed out a real biggy! ........Terms Of Endearment...........that gets me every time, a film with lots of layers ,a message , humour , fab actors and real characters.It makes me sob. :crying:

I was going to say "None" cos I'm tough, I am :lol: But then I read Kazzen's post about "Pay it Forward" - yip, that did it. Was blubbering away after that one :tearful:

Edited by krystaltps

Ghost, definitely.

And its British equivalent (but vastly superior, in my opinion), Truly Madly Deeply. It's the cello music I think - and Juliet Stevenson's amazing performance.

K x

Ooh yes, Truly Madly Deeply gets to me too. The bit when he's describing the memorial bench for the little child in the park, & how the parents hug their children more tightly when they read the plaque... :tearful:

Star Wars. At the very end when R2 gets blown up and then gets fixed. Gets me blubbing every time :tearful:

'Somewhere in Time' with Christopher Reeve, that's a lovely film. It has the most beautiful, tear-jerking music, brings a lump to my throat every time.

~ Mel ~

Hi

Green Mile

The Bridges of Madison County

and ET

... all me me snuffle.

Have to say lots of documentaries, particularly 'My Shocking Story' make me realise how lucky I am and I've been known to go through a few tissues!

Caroline.

Cagney and Lacey is a real tear-jerker, I often cry at those repeats!! :lol:

Also, Scrubs can be really touching, really funny and then suddenly very emotional. Especially the one where all the transplant patients die of rabies and Cox smashes up the machines, I find that scene so moving (*sniff*). :tearful:

Oh yeah, and I get really upset when Dr. McCoy has a go at Spock too!! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Oh yeah, and I get really upset when Dr. McCoy has a go at Spock too!! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Something else we have in common!

Shawshank Redemption

American Beauty

Dead Man Walking

The bit in Thirtysomething where you expect Nancy to die but instead its Gary, knocked off his bike on the way to the hospital to visit her .... I have NEVER been so upset by fiction! No spoilers in those days so I didnt see it coming.